Inconceivable and beyond :-)

It is word for word the answer I got so I'm good, right?

It is word for word the answer I got so I'm good, right?

Llbean at any age past 35 you'd be wise to test & treat or try to prevent immune issues. Since MTHFR is untested with you, unless you wish to experiment with your upcoming pregnancy you'd be wise to just take folate and prevent the chance of mc. But if your doctor, who has no clue whether you have the mutation or not, has made the assertion that you're good, I'd be wondering about everything else he's told you. Don't you feel it's a wee bit presumptive of him to give you this advice without knowing? Have you thought about how you'd feel if you did mc and he said to you afterward, maybe we should just try again. You said he doesn't believe in immune issues right? Yet you trust him carte blanche with immune advice? I guess I'd want to take personal measures, with a doctor like that, to protect baby for at least an easy one like MTHFR. Maybe you don't need to worry about MTHFR since you've already had a child. I think the studies say having MTHFR and tsking folic acid increases mc by 4oo% so maybe your first was a good indicator that this isn't a problem for you. I prefer to take the most bio-available vitamins anyway but and for ladies suffering recurrent mc like myself it's just nothing I'd trust a doctor to dictate to me, especially one who has no understanding of immune issues.

Yes I did have one without issues before so who knows. It's not just my doctor but just about any fertility doctor in this town that does not test or believe in NK cells. Believe me, I looked and yes I got tested before.

They did test me for other stuff but all came back normal, I don't remember all the tests but I could find out if you like. At this point I have to trust them

I'm not really talking about NKC's or other issues, the super easy one to prevent mc for, that we were initially discussing with Boopin, because like Crystal, PC and myself, she's struggling, was just to take folate since they aren't testing her for MTHFR. My local doctors don't believe in immune issues either but I still took folate just in case. You may do whatever you like my friend, MTHFR & folate was what we were discussing, a very simple preventative/protective measure.

oh no I know...I'm just saying they saw no need to test me for that. The DO test for that when they see the need for it. Sorry I misunderstood. But yes My doctor will check.

"We only check for MTHFR in patients with history of unexplained recurrent pregnancy losses. Usually these would also be early second trimester losses – not early pregnancy loss"

Fab news pinkie and bluebell on your milestones :cloud9:

and great about the tests Vonn now you can move forward :happydance:

I have to say LL I would be tempted just to take the folate just in case assuming it can't do any harm :thumbup:

Hi ladies! Long time no chat! Looks like a lot has happened!

2have-congrats on the twins! So exciting! And it's like you predicted it!!

Wish-welcome and good luck to you. My RE says frozen has as good as a chance as fresh but I'm sure there are ladies in here that believe fresh are better!

Vonn- I'm excited to see you finally have a donor!! I bet you're so relieved! This has got to be the one! Good luck!

Bluebell and pinkie- so glad to hear your pregnancies are progressing nicely! So exciting! Your babies will be here in no time!!

Boopin-miracles definitely can happen!! Don't lose hope! :)

Afm- I'm pregnant, naturally!!! It's a miracle! Dh got home a month and a half ago and we only dtd 5 or so times, today af was 3 days late so I tested without telling dh expecting to see a negative. However to my surprise it was a positive! I called my ivf nurse and she brought me in for hcg which was at 1100 (I'm 4w3d) so that's good! I go in on Friday to obviously recheck that number! It's amazing!!! I honestly can't believe it. I've never been pregnant naturally! So ladies, never lose hope!!! The only thing I've done different is exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes and eat healthier. I lost 7 pounds which I was never overweight, but I gained more muscle and slimmed down. my RE believes diet and exercise contribute to fertility! All of the nurses at my clinic were almost in tears and called me to congratulate me! I am trying to think of a creative way to tell dh this afternoon after work bc I wanted to make sure it was in fact true before I got his hopes up!!

Stacergirl congratulations!! I fully believe diet & exercise contribute to fertility, if you can do it at 33 and myself at 39 naturally, I do believe it's like pulling the handle of a slot machine, sometimes you get a golden egg, sometimes not and there's nothing like losing a little extra body fat to push the odds in our favour! Do enjoy your pregnancy, it's well deserved!

There are some awesome studies about how losing a little weight contribute to all sorts of good things, hormone regulation, stronger ovulation etc etc: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/obesity-and-miscarriage/weight-and-hormones

Congratulations stacer on your natural bfp!! :happydance:
I cried tears of joy when I read your post. What beautiful news. I'm so happy for you and dh. I wish you a H&H pregnancy!! Please keep us updated sweetie. :hugs:

Ladies - My Kaiser OB/GYN has ordered all 7 blood tests. I'll test in the morning, as one is fasting. I dodged that OOP bullet!! I'm going to test my beta again, too. Last week it was down to 13. Hopefully, I'll start my period within a couple weeks and then I can schedule my saline sonogram. [-o<

Also, I changed my vitamin regimen. I'm now taking folate with my prenatal and increased my iron. It's the least I can do to set myself up for a successful pregnancy next time around. Thanks 2have and crystal for the advice. I appreciate your perspective on immune issues. xx

ok just ordered some Folate myself...hope I can take it along with regular prenatals? or do I need to take it all separate?

Stacergirl, wow I am so happy for you, congratulations on your little miracle. Enjoy every moment and I wish you a H&H pregnancy.

Vonn, fab news that your donor tests are negative and you can finally start planning your cycle, how very exciting. Keep us posted.

Boopin, Good luck with your tests.

:flower:

LL.. I take mine with a prenatal, we don't have iodine in our soil so I have to take a prenatal with iodine

Ladies - I decided on these prenatal vitamins with 800 mcg folate & 150 mcg iodine. I have hypothyroid disease & a vitamin d dificiency as well. I favor these because they have a low dose of iron and calcium. I can increase both dosages and take them seperately. Also, the iodone supports good thyroid health. I currently take 100 mcg levothyroxine daily for my hypothroidism. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XT38JY4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2AZIM17UN4IA0

In additition to my prenatal vit I'm adding 25 mg iron & 200 mg calcium/400 IU Vit D. I'll take the additional iron when I take the prenatals for (borderline anemia). And I'll take the additional calcium 2-3 hrs later. I'll also take a 1,000 IU vitamin D capsule in addition to the 1,400 in my prenatal and calcium supplements. Making a total of 2,400 IU daily.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004YHKYL0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089X47WC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I had all 7 blood tests performed this morning at Kaiser. I've asked my RE to order the NK cells test, too. I'll get it done at LabCorp and pay $243 OOP. It's totally affordable and to be quite honest it's priceless to have the answer regarding my immunity. I'm still waiting to hear back from my doc regarding this request. :coffee:

bhcg = 4
As soon as the :witch: makes her grand appearance I can schedule my saline sonogram.
ONWARD AND UPWARD!!

Omg boopin, that IS totally affordable, I'm jealous :haha: your doctors sound stellar as does your regiment. I'm very excited for you to try again, 3 times a charm and like Crystal, PC, and myself you will get your rainbow baby! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->