Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hello lovele ladies :)
Wow butterfly, really, they can re freeze?! That would be awesome and maybe I could put one back and have four goes potentially. Goodness knows I hope I don't need it but it's great to know its a possibility. How is your gorgeous wee man doing? Did you enjoy your first Xmas as a mum? Xx

Pussycat - I'm jealous you are over in France skiing - sounds wonderful and just the right way to chill out ( see what I did there ;) before treatment. You have a transfer date too huh? How come I'm not getting one yet 😒. I know it's going to be in jan sometime, depending on when cycle starts. Getting some annoying light bleeding at the moment - always the same these days. My cycles have been pretty regular for me - around 28/9 days last few months but always with this post ov bleeding for a day or two. Grrrrr so annoying. I need to start meds on cd 1 and it's just never knowing if this is start of af early or mid cycle bleed. I'm cd 23 today. Will have to just see how it is Tomoro I guess and make a judgement call.

Xxx

I don't know why they say it is better to do it sooner? Seems odd. There should not be a concern as to how long the embies are frozen if they have frozen them correctly, and you need to make sure your hormones and uterus are ready. Hmmm....not sure about that. My DE FET was about 5 months after a failed OE cycle. I am also older than you are, so I don't think you need to worry. With the DE, all we need is a healthy uterus. Your age isn't a factor as much as if it were OE. I hope that refreezing is possible if you are only looking to transfer one. Maybe they do it that way because they don't think that both will thaw properly? Again...not sure with how they operate, but good to know that refreezing is a possibility, but you want to know if there is any risk to the embryos. Good luck!!!

never2late - congrats on your son...you jumped back on the wagon so soon...good for you! I sort of wish I had done that, but all kinds of transitions were happening. Did you bf your son and have to wean? Just asking because that kind of fed into my not going for #2 for a while, and then it took a while to move on to DE.
Well....good luck!!!!!

Pussycat - jealous of the trip! lucky you! I hear lots of women who travel for IVF fly back the same or next day. Depends on what you will think in the event (won't happen) of a bfn. If you will blame the flight, then wait a day or two and rest after transfer. If you won't blame the flight, they go home and relax.

Hi ladies...I had my second scan today and baby is still on target for 8w and looks good. I am still a bit nervous until out of the 1st trimester, but starting to get excited. I don't go back until 4 weeks now for next scan and blood work.
Will any of you ladies (or did any of you) do the panorama or MaterniT blood tests?

Dmama I think they said my uterus would be better primed if I did fet soon after m/c - but then again that was the coordinator and not the doctor. The doctor hasn't said that and he seems happy enough with me going ahead with fet now.
I will ask about the re freezing thing as that would make a difference to whether we go for one or two back. How many did u put back?

Our clinic says they prefer you to fly back home After 24 hours after fet.

Congrats on your scan - wonderful news! Thanks also for reassurance re age. Xxx

never2late - congrats on your son...you jumped back on the wagon so soon...good for you! I sort of wish I had done that, but all kinds of transitions were happening. Did you bf your son and have to wean? Just asking because that kind of fed into my not going for #2 for a while, and then it took a while to move on to DE.
Well....good luck!!!!!

Pussycat - jealous of the trip! lucky you! I hear lots of women who travel for IVF fly back the same or next day. Depends on what you will think in the event (won't happen) of a bfn. If you will blame the flight, then wait a day or two and rest after transfer. If you won't blame the flight, they go home and relax.

I tried to bf..failed miserably..after only 3 weeks.. :growlmad:

hi everyone

Minno & never2late good luck with your upcoming cycles :)

I had my hysteroscopy just before Christmas, currently on meds we're looking to go back to serum for embryo adoption in Feb

Woop exciting Sienna. Lots of activity on here early in 2015! X

Pussycat, I flew back on the same day but I did have about 3 hours rest at the hotel before my flight :thumbup:

Thanks Minno, he's doing well. We had a bit of a quiet Xmas and he spent half the day with his dad so I think next year will be better and he will know a bit more about it :)

Dmama I think they said my uterus would be better primed if I did fet soon after m/c - but then again that was the coordinator and not the doctor. The doctor hasn't said that and he seems happy enough with me going ahead with fet now.
I will ask about the re freezing thing as that would make a difference to whether we go for one or two back. How many did u put back?

Our clinic says they prefer you to fly back home After 24 hours after fet.

Congrats on your scan - wonderful news! Thanks also for reassurance re age. Xxx

Thanks...
I put back only 1 high quality embryo. Didn't want to risk twins for me.
I have heard anecdotal stories that you might get pregnant quicker right after a m/c ...maybe sort of like how some get pregnant quickly after giving birth? I don't know. But for what it is worth, you still have a great chance despite all of that....

It's worth a lot. Thanks so much.
Body playing silly beggars at the moment- getting some breakthrough bleeding and I'm just waiting for cd1. This isn't heavy enough to count as that yet and I often get it about a week before af so just praying that's all it is and witch will arrive and I haven't missed my windows this cycle. Arrgghhhhhhh all so stressful!
Xx

Well....good luck!!!!!

I tried to bf..failed miserably..after only 3 weeks.. :growlmad:

Aww.. sorry bf didn't work out, but how lovely that in return you get to go for #2 sooner!!!!

Hi Ladies!!!

Angie, congrats on trying for #2.

Hoping for successful transfers and pregnancies for all trying.

We had a good Christmas, although the girls didn't really understand it too much. Rather play with the paper than the presents!

Hello Ladies;

Wow! All the action on here! Things are really heating up!

N2L- Wow! Congrats on your boy! My 6th ivf (4th with donor eggs) was a success and we gave birth to twin girls on Oct 22, 2014.Good luck with your FET:)

Minno - By fluke, I had anaphalactyc shock the day before I left for my last transfer and had to be on prednisone 4 days before and 6 days after my transfer. I fully believe it is the only reason I was successful. I was on 50mg once a day. I was terrified to stop the prednisone once I got a bfp, but my doctor said he did not recommend taking it so I didn't and I was fine. Hoping this is it for you!!:)

Hoping everyone's dreams come true in 2015:)

Hi Ladies!!!

Angie, congrats on trying for #2.

Hoping for successful transfers and pregnancies for all trying.

We had a good Christmas, although the girls didn't really understand it too much. Rather play with the paper than the presents!

Hello Ladies;

Wow! All the action on here! Things are really heating up!

N2L- Wow! Congrats on your boy! My 6th ivf (4th with donor eggs) was a success and we gave birth to twin girls on Oct 22, 2014.Good luck with your FET:)

Minno - By fluke, I had anaphalactyc shock the day before I left for my last transfer and had to be on prednisone 4 days before and 6 days after my transfer. I fully believe it is the only reason I was successful. I was on 50mg once a day. I was terrified to stop the prednisone once I got a bfp, but my doctor said he did not recommend taking it so I didn't and I was fine. Hoping this is it for you!!:)

Hoping everyone's dreams come true in 2015:)

Thanks Mells! So nice to hear from you!
Holly my birthday is Oct 22 :thumbup:
Dmama We are super excited!

How crazy your birthday is Oct 22! Coincidentally, my wedding anniversary to my first husband was also Oct 22. Dh said God planned it that way to wipe out the horrible memory of that day and replace it with a miracle:)

What a lovely way to look at it Holly. Your miracle certainly came true after so much heartache and disappointment. Amazing. Cannot believe your girls are
2 months already!! How are they doing? Getting any sleep?

Afm, I am v frustrated! Had bleeding last week but wSnt heavy like af. Lasted a few days tho - altho I can get that sometimes nowadays. I would swear I'm pms but af not here and it's cd 29 today. What if that was it and I've missed it :( I'm supposed to start meds on cd1. There is a feeling she may just be bit later this cycle as I think I may have ov late. But if it's after wed I'll have to reschedule my scan grrrrrrrrr Should I ask the clinic if they can prescribe bcp to help regulate me? I think last time tho I had to start that with a new cycle as well. Help!

Xxx

Hi everyone. Just dropping in to say hello and a happy new to you all.

Never2late nice to see u back trying for #2. wishing you loads of luck. Mells and holly, how r the girls doing? Butterfly Adam's going great I suppose. How was all the munchkins first Xma? All the pregies, just hang in there tight, alle gonna be fine. And all the ttc ladies, this will be Ur year I know.

Plenty baby dust Ur way!!!

Minno - can the office do either a quick scan or progesterone level to see if you've ovulated? If your cycle is off, you may want to do bcp. Since you are doing donor egg, I would not worry about over suppression or anything like that since I know some older ladies do not like to do bcp with OE cycles. It will help prevent the worry like this. I hated being on the pill, but it is only for a short time, so if you are getting wonky periods and are not sure when you O then I would suggest you do it (bcp) next cycle, if it turns out you've missed this one....hugs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->