Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hey ladies,
Hope everyone's well?
Coolstar, I totally get how you're feeling. I've been keeping a note of my symptoms and I'm up and down like a yo-yo! Today I am 6DP5DT. I've been crampy on and off for first few days but still very up in my mood, then yesterday nothing, however this morning it really feels like AF is on her way and fighting the progesterone for release and I'm feeling all low again. I started feeling hopeful on Wed and Thursday as the cramping reduced and I was feeling tired and very slightly queezy, I've also been getting bad leg cramps at night, however I didn't want to say anything and tempt fate. However I know all these things can be caused by the meds and today it really feels like it's game over. I know AF won't come till I stop the meds and I won't test until Middle of next week (earliest), like you it's self preservation, I don't want to test too soon. I really don't know what else to do, this is our 8th cycle and we've tried so many combinations of drugs. With the added intralipids I was hopeful but maybe the complicated transfer buggered things up as I know this is critical. Sorry to be down.
Mrs G, so excited for you and your scan, my official test date is 26th (like you it won't be beta but home test). It would be so amazing if me and Coolstar could be celebrating with you!
Hope everyone else is doing well! xx

Pussycat1 my official test date is the same day as yours! I have to admit that other than the sickness my symptoms have been similar. I feel very much like AF is trying to break out!

I've had really bad back ache too and can't even begin to explain how tired.
It's crazy I'm just not sure how much of it is 'normal' and how much is in my head. :wacko:

Wishing you all the very best :thumbup:

Pussycat, Coolstar, prgirl am sending so much dust, positive thought and all good wishes your way. I had cramping too and terrible mood swings, please don't count yourselves out yet.
Lots of love xxx

2have the pants are cute where did you get the pattern from?

Hi Sienna, the knitting pattern can be found for free on Ravalry: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/das-monster

and a quicker way to make them if you'd rather sew than knit is by upcycling 100% wool sweaters from the thrift shop:
https://simplyserina.wordpress.com/2006/09/27/recycled-wool-longies/
https://webpages.charter.net/rhamley/diapers/diapercovers.htm#wool
https://www.wooly-baby.com/news091230.html

Wool + lanolin soak up loads of wet, the lanolin is slightly antibacterial so babies won't get diaper rash (that's usually caused from plastic pampers). When you're done with your wool longies and have left overs you can make pillow covers & booties, out of the sweater scraps:
View attachment 845723View attachment 845719View attachment 845721

many thanks 2have I love knitting so will have a look at the patterns and give them a go

Hi ladies! just popping in to check on everyone. It looks like quite a bit of positive news lately...congrats all! Lots of PUPO too...the TWW is killer. I'm so happy for you all. Fx'd for everyone waiting and trying.

Here's to many positive things happening on the 26 girls!! In the mean time I hope you can rest those nerves. PC if you're having leg cramps it could also be a sign of low magnesium, important for growing babies!!

The 26th will be a busy day, I'm going for my first scan, it'll be 8 weeks exactly which is when I usually mc. If there's a no heartbeat it gives me a chance to get my cycle back and get on the bcp gearing up for Europe, if positive, we'll be holding breath until the next scan (10 weeks?) I booked a docs appt Friday 27th to arrange the nauchal translucency and maybe she'll be generous enough to scribble another scan in between?

Pussycat, :hugs::hugs: . I am feeling so low I can't tell. I wake up middle of the night and start crying :cry: . For me no symptoms whatsoever :nope: . And top of it the progesterone shots are horrible. I don't how much more I can take, the only good thing is that we have 3 frosties left if they survive the thaw process. I have talked with my DH and prepared him for negative. My parents knows about my Ivf and I have to prepare them for a negative too. And top of it my friend who is preg wants to meet me for a cup of coffee :cry: .i don't know how long I can avoid her, have to meet her after 27th. I really hope a miracle happens , it's not fair that we have to suffer so much but now I beleive that miracle do happen but not in my life. I know I should not stress out but it is diff not to after spending so much money, energy, time. Sorry for the rant :cry:

Hey ladies,
Hope everyone's well?
Coolstar, I totally get how you're feeling. I've been keeping a note of my symptoms and I'm up and down like a yo-yo! Today I am 6DP5DT. I've been crampy on and off for first few days but still very up in my mood, then yesterday nothing, however this morning it really feels like AF is on her way and fighting the progesterone for release and I'm feeling all low again. I started feeling hopeful on Wed and Thursday as the cramping reduced and I was feeling tired and very slightly queezy, I've also been getting bad leg cramps at night, however I didn't want to say anything and tempt fate. However I know all these things can be caused by the meds and today it really feels like it's game over. I know AF won't come till I stop the meds and I won't test until Middle of next week (earliest), like you it's self preservation, I don't want to test too soon. I really don't know what else to do, this is our 8th cycle and we've tried so many combinations of drugs. With the added intralipids I was hopeful but maybe the complicated transfer buggered things up as I know this is critical. Sorry to be down.
Mrs G, so excited for you and your scan, my official test date is 26th (like you it won't be beta but home test). It would be so amazing if me and Coolstar could be celebrating with you!
Hope everyone else is doing well! xx

MrsG , 2 have Fxed for your scan :) . I am really sorry for being a downer. I thought I will not write anything but reading pussycats post I could not stop my rant.

Coolstar, oh hon, it's so hard, however whatever the outcome of this cycle you / we will get through this. I've been here so many times and you just have to dust yourself down and move on. Life is truely a puzzle and Mother Nature is a cruel heartless joke sometimes. However until we test there's still a glimour of hope and these awful mood swings could on fact be a symptom in themselves. It's so hard not to read into everything. Those shots sound like a real bitch too, I have the pessaries, however have Clexane injections and my tummy is black and blue! I too have had the 'I'm pretty sure this hasn't worked' chat with DH, we didn't tell anyone else (we never do). You have 3 frosties, I have 2 so even if this doesn't work we have another relatively low cost option. After that I'm out and move onto adoption. Apologies if my post got you down, weirdly I'm actually not that low, just resigned to facing another disappointment.
26th /27th is certainly going to be busy:
Testing; me, Coolstar and PRGirl
Scans: Mrs G and 2have
2Have, I do hope this is good for you this time, you've been so determined and been through so much you deserve this.
Mrs G you give me hope, I keep thinking of the post the day before you got your BFP when you too we're convinced it was a negative, now look at you!! Did you have cramping from ET until after 2 weeks? When did it stop?
Anyway lots of love to you all! xx

Coolstar no apologizing for rants, that's what we're here for! I'm not sure if it's more healthy to be aware of your emotions and going through the process as stressful as it is or just numb, which is how I've felt for a while. Even now! I just wish you both smooth sailing through all this brown threatening water. Hang on ladies<3

MrsG , 2 have Fxed for your scan :) . I am really sorry for being a downer. I thought I will not write anything but reading pussycats post I could not stop my rant.

Oh my lovely, you're not being a downer, I completely get it, I always go into self preservation too. Please don't not post, we're all here for you xxx

Pussycat, I had cramps the whole 2ww and beyond, still getting occasional ones now. With this one and dd I had a few really low days right before bfp, was so convinced I was out.

I know it is so so hard to do when you're waiting but just know I'm keeping the faith for you all xxx

Pussycat , MrsG , 2 have , thank you all !! Dont know what i would have done without you all. Yes Pussycat we still have hope till our beta. I am sorry for your stomach :( . I know it pains so much. Even I am taking anti cogulant injection besides progesterone shot, so basically 2 injections per day. But PIO are the most terrible. Maybe that's why I am so emotional ( I can always blame those terrible meds / injections ). My butt is screaming at me LOL , anyway just few days left. But if they help us getting BFP then why not .I am keeping my fingers Xed for 26 th and 27 th.

Coolstar I think we are in exactly the same position - I had a BFN yesterday but should test on Wednesday. Trying to stay hopeful but it's really, really difficult.

We're going out today to try and take our minds off things.
Whitby is beautiful and windy today so it may just blow away a few negative feelings!

I hear you about the injections - I have to do two a-day too - and they are starting to really hurt. My bum is black and blue :blush:

Sending you lots of best wishes!

PRGirl, sorry to hear you got a negative, however still early to tests so don't lose hope. I'm in Brighton and it's a blustery (but dry) day here to, just been for a walk on the beach with the same idea as you!
I've realised my posts look like I'm really down, but I'm not. I think I'm a bit like 2have and getting a bit numb to it all. Don't get me wrong I'll be gutted if it's a no. I have no idea what's going on with me, cramping has pretty much stopped all yesterday and today so who knows. I bought a couple of FRER today so we'll see how long I hold out! Last time I just knew it was a negative so tested just to get it over with, however I keep swinging between 'it's def failed' to 'could this be it.' And I'm almost scared to test.
Do they reckon the PIO is better than the pessaries? I've always had cyclogest and when levels were tested they were good, as the clinic said either or and I've heard from you guys how awful the POI is I opted to stick with pessaries. I don't find the Clexane sore, I'm just black and blue and running out of spots to inject!
xx

Hi Pussycat, I hope your walk along the beach did the trick. We had a lovely day in Whitby and I was knackered on the way back.

Just making dinner now and then it will an early night before back to it tomorrow.

I know exactly what you mean about seeming to appear down all the time - I feel like that too but it's so difficult to be anything other than up and down during this process.

Also, I feel the same about definite fail and then possibility. I haven't really struggled with IVF until now and it's the waiting to find out that is just impossible to get your head around.

When do you test? I'm on Wednesday and won't be testing until then. I realised today that the test I took on Sat only had a 54% chance of detecting anything anyway - which made me feel a bit better.

Still not getting my hopes up but there is a slim chance and I have to cling to that, otherwise what's the point. :shrug:

Sending you lots of :hugs:

Tomorrow is the start of a new week and I have faith it'll be a good week for this thread and all the lovely ladies here. :hugs:
Xx

PR, those terrible shots . But we don't lose hope till a negative beta, we are all worriers here. After my first failed IVF I thought I will not survive but ultimately I did and moved ahead with idea of donor. I know I will survive this also. But then sometimes there is so much rage inside me. And I feel sad for my DH also. The TWW is the most diff when you get negative POAS, so I am going to wait for my beta. Is this your first Ivf ?
Pussycat, if you respond well with pessaries then no point taking those ugly POI shots. I guarantee you , your butt will hate you for those shots :) . I read some post where ladies wrote that they responded much better with PIO shots then pessaries maybe my Doc thinks I will respond better with injections.
MrsG, I am keeping my fingers Xed for everyone.

Ladies, the 2WW is definetly the hardest thing about this process. As you can see from my signature I've been through this so many times, and that's not counting the times before when we were trying without help. It has got a little easier each time, I think because my expectations of success have reduced each time. I'm such a control freak in my every day life that to face something over which you have absolutely no control is very difficult. However not long now ... xxx

Hi Coolstar this is our first IVF although we have been through other treatments before.

I had 3 rounds of clomid, then 3 x ovulation induction and 2 x further treatments to follow. All resulted in negative tests or failed cycles for one reason or another.

I'm not new to disappointment during this but have everything crossed that IVF will help us to make our dreams come true.

We've found out during the process that I have more wrong with me than originally thought so that's not great news but still, we have to have hope or we've got nothing.

I don't feel too bad today just really nervous. It's almost like Wednesday can't come quickly enough but then I'm so scared that we know whatever result is on the day is it!

Mixed up doesn't even come close :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->