Inconceivable and beyond :-)

WOW LLBean, that's a rockin' program! Compared to Calgary, you could spend $75,000 on 3 cycles with Calgary with no guarantees - it's criminal! It really is a program where the doctors are laughing all the way to the bank. Thanks for all the details on your program, it's good to know there are SO many better options out there.

We're going to have to think about baby 2 & 3 and will not waste money in Calgary so will have to take all option into consideration! What city are you in btw?

But it's with the states isn't it?

Being in Canada those extra costs are free.

ew Patient consult
• Pre-screening labs no cost
• Any surgery or care outside of the egg bank cycles no cost
• Any monitoring associated with a pregnancy no cost
• Cost associated with reserving eggs ($1,500 per egg) 225 no matter how many eggs
• Cost of embryo storage after the program is completed 225 per year

But it's with the states isn't it?

Being in Canada those extra costs are free.

ew Patient consult
• Pre-screening labs no cost
• Any surgery or care outside of the egg bank cycles no cost
• Any monitoring associated with a pregnancy no cost
• Cost associated with reserving eggs ($1,500 per egg) 225 no matter how many eggs
• Cost of embryo storage after the program is completed 225 per year

SKP the most important info is in the first line:
'Patients pay a flat fee of $28,000.00. The fee is earned by the egg bank when the patient has a live birth. There is no refund after live birth.
...up to 5 cycles...'
As far as I know Calgary charges $25,000 per 6 eggs NOT per live birth=no guarantees. Plus all the extra fees that you mentioned. But you would know first hand if you paid the $25,000 twice. Let me know if what they told me is incorrect.

Yes that is a good deal, not paying until you have a live birth.

I wa just looking at the expenses not covered by the 28 000. Knowing that anything medical done in the states cost you an arm n leg.

Some of the American clinics will work with your local Drs or FS to get your medical protocols. The one that I was talking to in D.C. was going to work with my local Drs in Arkansas at the time!

Some of the American clinics will work with your local Drs or FS to get your medical protocols. The one that I was talking to in D.C. was going to work with my local Drs in Arkansas at the time!

Our docs do satellite coordination too, for a $1200 fee. The fees are high in Canada and options are too limited. Skp the fees are nothing compared to paying $25,000/try, sure we get drug coverage but nothing makes up for the initial fees. I'd have racked up a bill of well over $100,000 going through Calgary and so far we're still under $50,000 with immune diagnosis (usa), and 2 fresh donor egg ivf's. Plus we've had unforgetable holidays in Prague and Athens. I'm still angry that Calgary said they tested me for blood clots and it came back negative. I believe my serious clotting caused 2 miscarriages and put my health at risk.

2have,
How you feeling? When the next Appt or news?

If you go international like what you did 2have, how do you get the eggs? where eco they come from?

SKP, they have a bank of donors who supply fresh eggs or if preferred they also have frozen eggs. The clinics coordinate the donors cycle with yours. x

Oo okay, so you have to choose from their donors.

Is it cheaper?

Skp, i think $28000 for a guaranteed live birth is about 1/2 of what you've paid so far no? Cheaper almost anywhere else. And in Europe Serum, Reprofit, any of the reputable Czech clinics charge about $7500 for fresh donor ivf, if you get frosties the fet is free. I didn't pay any extra fees as my drugs were all coordinated by my family physician with the Czech clinic and my healthcare pays 100% of all meds. We chose not to do coordination with the Calgary clinic as the ultrasound fees, satelite fees would be over $2000. Your family doctor can do the same with free ultrasounds in Alberta. Then we got a $13000 tax refund because the Calgary clinic can write you a note for the federal gov't stating that it's necessary to do DE abroad as Canada doesn't have fresh DE ivf. The medical refund was for doctors fees, airline tickets, accommodations, and food. And my work paid me medical time off so that time wasn't taken off my holiday allowance. So in the end, much much less expensive and amazing holidays. Too bad I have immune issues or I'd likely have kids already.

Skp you give me the impression that you're don't like the travel part?

My whole IVF trip was $11k! That includes IVF, room, food, plane ticket and extras! We stayed 11 days in Europe and went to Germany,Amsterdam and around Czech Republic! I would not use my clinic and go with Crystal and a few others went to Retrofit? If we were going back my clinic would of given us % off on 2nd try! My cycle was fresh and my donor was selected by the Dr with my families pictures!

Its not the tracel part. Im wonderingy the time ou sepend in the tickets or having the vacation expenses it equals the same

And is that 30 000 canadian or 30 000 in their currency

Has anyone here other than mrs g had donor cycle and lives in uk? I hadn't really even thought about going abroad for a cycle and not sure if it would work for us but finding the convo really interesting.

Some clinics in the uk have quite a waiting list for a donor match.

10 days to Czech Republic, $7500 canadian dollars+ ~ $3500 travel expenses all of which you get a tax credit for. The 8 hours you spend driving back & forth to Calgary x 4-5 ? multiple drives for each cycle ...is more time then the travel to Europe and back. In Atlanta, $28,000 USD for a guaranteed baby (5 cycles) compared to 2 cycles for $50,000 CND? Even with the small currency exchange, even with the extras for reserving eggs, the math is easy-Calgary/Canada is about the most expensive place to have DE IVF because we are so behind in medical technology. You'd get a medical tax credit going to the states too. But in the end you have to do what you're comfortable with. And if money is no problem for you SKP, the doctors told you the stats are 80% guaranteed to have a live birth baby with frozen eggs (they told me max 35% which is why we chose to do fresh cycles), and Calgary is familiar, just do what you're comfortable with!

:wave: hi Garnet, feeling great thanks, just in budapest today soaking up the castles. Had a wonderful breakfast, the European hotels really do a nice job of breakfast buffet! My next appointment is for the 20 week scan May 5th. I'm not even showing yet at 15 weeks today. Can still zip up my skinny jeans and form fitting shirts...wondering when I'll really pop?

How's the job hunt coming? Did you see crystal's baby. Girl pics - they're absolutely gorgeous!

Hi 2have,
Did not realize you were still in Europe! Hate to tell you this but with my 1st baby I did not pop out until almost 7 1/2- 8 months! I look like I gain a little weight then overnight boom! Baby belly the last months! I know that is exciting part for a new mother but some ladies carry different and you are thin so it might be all baby in the end! Well enjoy lady! Oh by the since you are still under 40 y8u can have a few more natural babies! Might not need Donor egg! Enjoy !

Has anyone here other than mrs g had donor cycle and lives in uk? I hadn't really even thought about going abroad for a cycle and not sure if it would work for us but finding the convo really interesting.

Some clinics in the uk have quite a waiting list for a donor match.

We had an prior thread and a lot of the ladies were from UK and went abroad! I am only one from United States! When I went to my clinic in Prague most of the ladies were from UK and Australia doing regular IVF and Donor IVF! :flower: some of our successful ladies went to Greece, Cyprus, Spain and Czech Republic! They did not want to wait on the list!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->