Inconceivable and beyond :-)

PC bump is going well, bit of a beer belly still, not quite that nice round watermelon but working on it! I agree with Garbet, bfp or ticker footer!

LOL! Ok I've changed by signature, I don't know how to add a ticker!
2Have your watermelon bump will be here soon enough!
Mrs G, you were on 25mg prednisolene and I remember you saying you started tapering at 10 weeks, can you remember what they told you? I'm a but naughty with this one as I kind of bullied them into giving me this dose and I don't really think they know what they're doing with it, I certainly don't! Can you remember what your tapering program was, I obviously don't just want to stop as I know that can cause real problems.
Thanks!

Hi pc. Yeah I did taper off, I'll check my notes later and update. Hope you're feeling ok. Xx

I did too, from week 12 to 16 went down 5 mg at a time for the equal amount of days of the month ie I was on 20 mg if I remember straight, 5 mg/week for 1 month to zero.
Instructions on tickers in the help section of B&B PC :bunny:

Hi

So, I was on 25mg til 8w4d then dropped to 20mg. Dropped to 15mg at 9w1d, 10mg at 9w5d, 5mg at 10w3d then stopped at 11w.
Xx

PC, nice to see your signature :)
2have, not much time your watermelon belly will come up soon. Only 114 days to go for you, yayyyyy !!
MrsG, how are you ? 122 days for you. How is your bump coming up ?
AFM, my butt is so sore I can't describe. My doctor wants me to take PIO shots till 15 weeks, just imagine. I was devastated when I heard the news. But I have decided to wean it off from 14 weeks because I can't bear the pain anymore. I know anything for the baby but my butt is all blue and black and it is screaming at me. If my butt could have rebel it would have.

How is everyone doing?

I started esterase today, ultrasound is coming soon. Im so nervous and anxious. Im dreading that the eggie won't survive, and its my last chance this round util the New Year.

AFM, my butt is so sore I can't describe. My doctor wants me to take PIO shots till 15 weeks, just imagine. I was devastated when I heard the news. But I have decided to wean it off from 14 weeks because I can't bear the pain anymore. I know anything for the baby but my butt is all blue and black and it is screaming at me. If my butt could have rebel it would have.
Coolstar, I had my first 'bad' shot this morning, not sure what happened, think I may have hit a vein as I bled a lot and now I have a huge bruise on my bum. It's been ok until now, lumpy but not this bad. Will be injecting in my left bum cheek for the next week I reckon! I'm on it till week 11, then wk 12 every second day.
Mrs G, a Reprofit have given me more or less the same taper off Prednisone as you, thank you.
When did you ladies start getting symptoms? I'm feeling tired and a little bloated but nothing major and no MS. I guess perhaps this is normal so early on? x

Coolstar & PC when you ladies inject, do you draw up first on the needle yo ensure you're not in a vein or artery? You'll see blood if you're not in the muscle. Also give it a little rub and put some pressure on it after you inject, it helps it dispurse and the pressure minimizes the tissues from bleeding. My backside was really sore too, it's worth it and will fly by fast!
PC you need a ticker girl:bunny:

Hi everyone.

Skip, best of luck with your cycle, keeping everything crossed for you.

Cool star, you're 12 weeks!!! Congratulations!!!

PC, I never really had any symptoms, very occasional nausea, tiredness but nothing to speak of. Remember really wanting to feel worse!!! Did find I was sooooo hungry on the pred tho! Do you have a scan coming up?

Hope everyone else is ok.

Xx

PC, don't remember the exact date but my morning sickness started around 7 weeks or so. For me morning sickness happens 2 or 3 days a week ( not very severe, usually nausea)and mostly it happens in the evening. Also I am having a loss of appetite now so not gaining any weight but the way I am eating thankfully I am not losing any weight.
SKP, all the best ! We are all keeping our fingers xed for you.
2have, how are you ? Did you do your bump photo shoot ? Do upload some pic in bnb when you do it :) . When did your bump started showing ? My clothes are little tight but till now not much of a bump. Planning to buy a belt coz I find it little difficult to zip my pants and I am also planning to buy bra extender. Don't want to buy maternity clothes so soon. Any advice ?
MrsG, how are you ? Thank you so much. I am really happy to reach 12 weeks mark :)

Coolstar, 12 weeks congratulations!! It seems like such a milestone!
Thanks for the tips on symptoms, I think in just looking for some signs to reassure me! I'm waiting for a date from obstetrician as my GP told me they'd probably scan 8-10 weeks, however if they don't I'll book a private one.
Sad week ahead, SIL funeral on Tuesday, I think there will be a huge turnout, she was such a vibrant person. DH has to do a little speech, so tbh this is obviously the most important thing on his mind at the moment. xx

Hey ladies
Well today has been tough. SIL funeral, DH said some words and they were perfect, very proud of him. Such a sad day, not helped with my hormones ...
We stayed with his mum last night so had to do my injections there this AM, OMG only you ladies who have done PIO will get this, I have a sore lump on one bum cheek from injecting 2 days in a row because I have a large bruise on the other. So decided to inject the bruised side which was less painful, pulled out the needle and a hugs fountain of blood sprayed out and all over the floor: a cream carpet, I was horrified! how would I explain? If it wasn't do awful it would have been funny. Thank goodness I blotted out the worst then a miraculous mix of cold water and washing up liquid sponged the rest out completely clean! Never had that before but guess I must have got a 'blood pocket', Sorry of that's TMI! Not sure what to do tomorrow! xx

Oh PC, that must be so painful :( . I do bleed sometime but nothing like you. I have read that you must take I/M shots in the first quadrant on your butt, there is a nerve cell behind and if the injection hit that it may bleed. Maybe you hit your nerve cell. You can try taking the injection in your thigh. I never tried that coz 2have wrote once it is very painful. I hate those PIO shots, my butt is so sore. Just counting days now.

Coolstar you're almost there! Excited to wean off?
PC sorry to hear about your day, i know we'll have to do this for my dad one day soon. Just a matter of when.

Oh PC, that must be so painful :( . I do bleed sometime but nothing like you. I have read that you must take I/M shots in the first quadrant on your butt, there is a nerve cell behind and if the injection hit that it may bleed. Maybe you hit your nerve cell. You can try taking the injection in your thigh. I never tried that coz 2have wrote once it is very painful. I hate those PIO shots, my butt is so sore. Just counting days now.
It's not actually that sore, just bleeds a bit. I think because there was a bruise there may have been a little pocket of blood that I hit and 'released'. Yes I've heard the thigh is sore so don't really want to go there! You'll soon be done with yours! x

It's prob worth trying in the thigh and it depends if you walk alot or exercise alot. I found it nearly impossible to be walking the amount I do and doing my noon hour workout classes with how sore just 1 jab was in the thigh. But if you're completely bruised up on your butt maybe give it a go in the thigh, just don't expect to do workout classes that week just in case!

SKP are you nearly at transfer yet?

Mrs G, can I ask how long did it take the midwife to get in touch after you were referred by your GP? I've been referred to midwife and obstetrician and haven't heard anything, my GP said they'd see me early because of my history, just wondering how long I should leave if before I chase up.
I was hit by a wall of fatigue this morning, I seriously thought I was going to have to have a power nap in my car at lunch time! I'm thinking this is a good sign. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->