Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hi
I never actually saw a gp. I rang to say I'd had a bfp and they made me a booking appointment with mw for 8w. After I'd seen her I got my 12w scan app and saw consultant at 23w. Under consultant partly cos of ivf, partly cos I'm 40 and partly cos had c section with dd.

I think every surgery is different but I'd chase them. Don't ever think you're bothering people, this is way too important!! How are you feeling? I still have days of knackeredness! Do you have a scan soon?

Xx

SKP are you nearly at transfer yet?

I have my ultrasound Monday, and July 6th is Transfer, if US is clear AND eggie survives unthaw.

Hi everyone. Happy Friday.

Just wanted to say always keep believing. Never thought I'd get this far but today we're viable!!!! :happydance:

Xx

Hey Mrs G, not sure I know what that means but it sounds good! Congratulations. xx

Mrs G you mean if you went into labour right now baby can survive correct? My colleague had her twins at 25 weeks and here we are at that stage. They had loads of complications but both survived. 17 more weeks to go!

Our photographer booked the outdoor pool for our photo shoot for Aug 2, things are happening quickly! I've aldo got just about everything baby needs now, 90% gently used and saved a small fortune. I'm actually hoping to make some $$ from selling these items, got some great deals from ebay on products you can't get in Canada. Ie a $450 Angelcare baby monitor with 2 crib pads & audio (movement monitors let you know if baby ever stops breathing-SIDS) for $72. Lowest price I could find for the single pad (can't get double pad in Canada) was $150 used :dance: Same with the Beco Gemini baby carrier. We'll see, would be super sweet to come out ahead:haha:

Yay congrats Mrs G and 2H on viability day! :happydance:

PC tiredness was my biggest problem too! I also had to chase up the midwife appointment.

2H in hindsight I would have bought much more secondhand. People sell stuff off that they have barely used. And yes you can sell it on again for pretty much the same price you bought it for :haha: There is often a facebook page for selling baby and toddler stuff in your area. I sell all my stuff on there. :thumbup:

Hi. In UK a baby is not considered viable to survive til 24w. If a baby is born before then they won't give medical treatment to baby during or after birth. :cry: horrifically (imo) 24w is also the UK abortion limit. So basically is bubs came now his chances of survival may be slim but at least they would medically intervene.

Hope everyone's enjoying the wknd, lovely sun here.

Xx

Oh my goodness ladies, I am so nervous. I'm in the waiting room for an early scan and my stomach is doing flips. I had some brownish discharge this morning (TMI? Sorry), so really nervous. Should know later if there's 1, 2 or none ... x

Mrs G sorry, meant to say that that is great news another hurdle crossed.
Ok ladies, I hope you're all sitting down I have news ...
My scan detected THREE heartbeats, I am now well and truely stunned. One yolk sac and placenta had 2 heartbeats in, the other was smaller and weaker but still had a heartbeat. I'm measuring at 6 weeks 2 days and now I am truely cr@pping myself! I have to go back for another scan next week to check if the twins share an amniotic sac and also to monitor, it is very early days so things could obviously change, but holycrap, three?! After 8 failed cycles I get three?! Mother Nature is having a right old laugh at me. All I could say to DH was 'what have we done' , he wasn't even there as he's a teacher so couldn't get time off at short notice so I had to tell him over the phone. I think he's more shocked than me. xx

PC holy crappers! You could have a full family on your hands, say good bye IVF forever. But then again, this is so well deserved, you did your immune investigations, you did the treatments, you found a great clinic with high rates of success and you tried multiple times. Good work little mama, hang on 3 little beans! Congratulations :yipee::dance::bunny:

You know what's really miraculous PC is that this has happened with frozen blasts, the chances are much lower and you get 3 out of 2! You've truly hit the pot of gold:bunny: Eat lots of veg & clean protein - stay away from carby, & sugary foods, walk and stay moderately active - it keeps inflammation at bay for immuners. Fingers and toes are crossed for smooth uneventful speedy passing of the 12 week mark.:hugs:

Woah!!!!! That is awesome! I am so so so happy for you! Bring on the triplets ;-)

Pussycat, I am so so thrilled for you!!!!! That is such amazing news!!! So both embies implanted and one split??
Xx

Crazy! Congrats :)

Had my ultrasound today, will get results sometime today. Its getting closer ladies, 1 more week of anticipation wondering if my eggie will unthaw.

Thank you ladies, my heads in a spin. I was fully prepared for twins but not triplets! Mrs G yes, both implanted and one has split, they can't tell if there's one amniotic sac or two, if it's one it's high risk as the babies could get tangled up in their umbilical cords, they should be able to tell next week. Just the practicality of it ... Still very early days yet and things could all change very quickly but I am now in the system and got another scan next Tuesday 8:30am, then midwife appointment the next day. I think I need to tell my boss as it seems like I'm going to be having a lot of appointments and he's already concerned that there's something seriously wrong with me because of all these mysterious Drs appointments. I'll wait till after next week then see. DH is worried as he's training to be a teacher and thinks he should give it up as his exams will be around the due date. It's crazy talk he's worked so hard to get to where he is, I can't let him give it up. We have no idea what it's like having one baby so it will all be new, we've coped with everything that's thrown our way so far so we'll cope with this.
SKP, got everything crossed for those frosties, look what happened to me ....! xx

PC I couldn't agree more with you and I'd prob have steam coming out of my ears at the whisper of DH giving up the chance to make a good living as a teacher especially with 3 on the way. I hope he keeps on the path to success. Chosing an entry level job over a job with qualifications that pays better while supporting triplets would leave him working double the hours to get the same bread on the table.

Yep this is exactly what happened, what are the chances of that?! I know I always wanted more than one, but three at once? Freaking out a bit!
Pussycat, I am so so thrilled for you!!!!! That is such amazing news!!! So both embies implanted and one split??
Xx

PC I couldn't agree more with you and I'd prob have steam coming out of my ears at the whisper of DH giving up the chance to make a good living as a teacher especially with 3 on the way. I hope he keeps on the path to success. Chosing an entry level job over a job with qualifications that pays better while supporting triplets would leave him working double the hours to get the same bread on the table.

Trouble is he had a really good career in telecoms and have it up to become a teacher as he found it soul destroying and totally unsatisfying. Being a teacher will pay half what he could earn previously. However his worry is how we'll cope (or rather I will cope) as he won't be able to offer 100% support. However I have lots of good friends and I'm sure my mum would come and stay and my brother is near by. I am terrified though! x

PC, massive congrats!! I am so happy and excited to read your post. Wow, it's like hitting a jackpot. You were trying for so long and now God has fulfilled all your wishes plus extra :) . I know when you say you were prepared for 2, I still remember when I had my beta and results were little high my doc thought it might be twins so she referred for an u/s. DH was not there and I had called him up and said the same thing that I am prepared for twins but not triplets since I had transferred 3 embryos and my DH wanted just one. I don't think I will go for another IVF, so I guess this will be my first and last pregnancy. It is the end of your IVF journey !! Your family complete.

Yep this is exactly what happened, what are the chances of that?! I know I always wanted more than one, but three at once? Freaking out a bit!
Xx

It's so amazing! A guy who works for dh, his wife has just had healthy triplets after being on clomid. I am not a religious person but I do believe everything happens for a reason and it is yours and these wonderful babies time.

I'm a teacher and although it can be a tough job, it is a fairly guaranteed career in times when other jobs are uncertain. The pay isn't terrible and the holidays are great!!!

So excited for you and can't wait to follow your journey.
Xxx

Crazy! Congrats :)

Had my ultrasound today, will get results sometime today. Its getting closer ladies, 1 more week of anticipation wondering if my eggie will unthaw.

Keep us posted skp, sending lots of luck your way. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->