Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Well, being pregnant sure is a trump card to throw at your work! I laid it on thick that I felt they'd pushed me into telling them when I wasn't ready etc and how stressful my weekend had been because I was worried about the confrontational nature of his email. All of a sudden I'm employee if the month and they can't do enough for me! So scan tomorrow morning to see if how many of my little beans are clinging on.
I always do my injections as soon as I get up then have a shower so hope the hot water helps. With the Clexane I was told not to massage it as it can make the bruising worse. x

Glad to hear your work has come around! They should be celebrating your bfp not stressing you! I haven't seen any bruising with the massages but I really don't get in there deep or it'd likely hurt.

One more week till third trimester:dance::bunny: coolstar & all the pregnant bellas -> how are you ladies feeling?

Eggie survived unthaw ! Yay. And its a strong one. Test day July 18th

Skp, that's fabulous news. So pleased, got everything crossed. Congrats on being pupo!!

Pc, good for you! However cut throat a company is, legally they have to tread incredibly carefully around us pregnant women!! Hope you made him squirm!

2have, I'm good. Tentatively getting stuff ready, looking forward to next week and getting to third tri.

Xx

SKP, yeah, you're PUPO! Amazing news, now take it easy for the next couple of weeks.
I can't believe you ladies are now in your third trimester! It really is time to get busy with the baby prep! xx

Fx for the 18th SKP.

Just did the GD test today and felt aweful after drinking that orange sludge. So gross, I don't do well with sugary foods anyway but to drink that stuff...well I had to lie down my heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to pass out. Yuk:sick:

2have, is it standard to get tested for GD or have you opted for it?
Well ladies I had my second early scan today (7 weeks plus 3 days) and the third heart beat has gone. The gestational sac was there but beginning to break down so they said it would probably just be absorbed by my body. The other two have doubled in size and had string heart beats, thankfully each also has it's own amniotic sac. So we are pregnant with identical twins. They are slightly below the average size but that is of course based on a single embryo so normal for twins. While it is of course very sad that the third has not survived, we are I fact relieved as the thought of three was really scaring us. Is that awful to say? Twins I am Soooo happy with! I now feel like I can celebrate my pregnancy rather than panic about what the future would bring. Of course I know it will be hard, but I know I can deal with twins. xx

I'll be honest PC and say I think that it is perfect that you have twins. Like you say triplets would have been very stressful and hard work where twins are way more manageable. So I'm really pleased for you to have 2 healthy babies there xxx

Hi ladies!! PC that is brilliant news congrats!! I agree three would be hard to carry, two was bad toward the end so can't imagine three in there. Enjoy your pregnancy it's the best experience having two bubbas :)

2have, hope your GTT comes back fine, I felt awful after I drank that stuff I had lemon/lime flavour was bloody gross!

BF, can't believe your boy is 15 months.. Where did that time go!!

Hey Crystal! How are the twins? How are YOU doing? Have your stones gone away?

BF are you enjoying the summer then with your moving, talking bouncing toddler? A little different than baby-hood hey?

PC the GD test is mandatory. Some people have genetics that make us more sugar / insulin sensitive, some people have overly sugary/carby diets:haha: They just need to know because it can cause complications for mum and baby and they want to keep both healthy. GD babies can get really big, so if this happens they may recommend induction or C-section. I don't think I'll be effected as my diet is fairly clean, my mom didn't have it and there's nothing in my family indicating an issue with sugar/insulin sensitivity but you never know, lots of ladies in the office have had it so I'm not going to freak out if they say I need to modify my diet even more. I've always believed high carb diets & sugar is just plain bad for fertility & obesity anyway so have steered clear.

You lucky duck to get identicals, what fun that will be (and it comes with identity challenges later on too). Sorry to hear that one didn't make it but like you said, it's better to have 2 healthy wee ones and a more comfortable, less high risk pregnancy than have 3 and there's nothing wrong with being happy for that either.

2have, still have stones but they are behaving without all the baby pressure on them haha! Girls are doing great they're 14 weeks and amazing ahhh! Giggling and cooing just amazing little ones😊 I had GD with this pregnancy and used insulin it is from the placenta. A total pain but usually easily managed thankfully!!

Im a little worried,

My thyroid went from 1 up to 7. And I have swelling in my ankles. I chatted with my nurse and she said it wont effect pregnancy, lots of women by the time they find out if their thyroid was out of waco some are pregnant or further along in pregnancy.

They said you just need to keep an eye on your numbers and try to get it stabilized, becuas sit can fluctuate up and down during pregnancy.

Day 1 Days past :) 10 more days to go. test day July 18th, Day 12

Im a little worried,

My thyroid went from 1 up to 7. And I have swelling in my ankles. I chatted with my nurse and she said it wont effect pregnancy, lots of women by the time they find out if their thyroid was out of waco some are pregnant or further along in pregnancy.

They said you just need to keep an eye on your numbers and try to get it stabilized, becuas sit can fluctuate up and down during pregnancy.

Day 1 Days past :) 10 more days to go. test day July 18th, Day 12

Skp if you exercise it'll help with swelling, thyroid, and reduce inflammation to help that bean stick. It sounds like your body is full of inflammation right now. Eat well too, avoid pasta, bread, noodles, crackers, carby, sugary & salty foods. Veg & protein for baby.

Hi lades ,I finally got onto my computer so just wanted to share a few photos of my girls ) As I mentioned they're 14 weeks, the best wa to tell them apart is Lly has the storkbite on her forehead lol

SKP, 2have gave some great advice to lower your levels a bit, the lower the better for transfer :)

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpg
    IMG_2944.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2975.JPG
    IMG_2975.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 7
Beautiful girls Crystal! I'll be looking for tips and essential must buys!
SKP, I have no idea about Thyroid stuff I'm afraid but the other ladies always seem to know the right things so follow their advice!
I had my booking appointment with the midwife yesterday, loads of paperwork! She said that because in having identicals, from 12 weeks I'll be scanned every 2 weeks. That's a lot of scans but very reassuring. x

SKP, congrats for being PUPO.
PC, its not awful to be happy for your twins. I know triplets are scary. My PIO site does became itchy. I rub some moisturizing lotion to get rid of the itch. Even I was told not to rub the injection site after taking blood thinners like Clexane.
2have, Wow !! Just few days left for your third trimester.
MrsG, how are you ?
Crystal, your twins are adorable!!

Crystal thanks for the photos, they're gorgeous!! What giggles & fun:bunny:
Coolstar how's 14 weeks treating you?
PC every two weeks sounds extremely positive & reassuring, nice!

PC every two weeks is what's needed to make sure all is well :) you'll be so worried anyway that'll those scans will become your goals that you set for yourself. Uggh PIO my butt was numb for awhile after I stopped but it was well worth it to be honest.

2have, cannot believe your getting so close now woop woop!! Is your bump big? I need to pop in Facebook I guess is there photos on there? Do you have your nursery sorted and all of that good stuff?

Coolstar, there's something about those middle weeks after the first trimester and before the 20 week scan that are just quiet and relaxing :) enjoy them it gets so busy later on

PC every two weeks is what's needed to make sure all is well :) you'll be so worried anyway that'll those scans will become your goals that you set for yourself. Uggh PIO my butt was numb for awhile after I stopped but it was well worth it to be honest.

2have, cannot believe your getting so close now woop woop!! Is your bump big? I need to pop in Facebook I guess is there photos on there? Do you have your nursery sorted and all of that good stuff?

Coolstar, there's something about those middle weeks after the first trimester and before the 20 week scan that are just quiet and relaxing :) enjoy them it gets so busy later on
Crystal the bump really isn't that big, I'm nearly 28 weeks and have only gained 10 lbs. I'm eating really healthy tho and still exercising. The bump really only started to show the past 2 weeks, finally feels more like a bump, less of a beer belly. I'm not posting to FB till our photographer does some pics for us. We're doing an under water shoot (her choice really lol) Aug 1 and I really want to do a little hike into the larches in the Rocky Mountains in Sept when the colours change to do a couples shoot. You'll def see photos on my fb then! The nursery is almost sorted, just looking at car seats & baby carriers, we prob won't do a big stroller till later, we both want to try baby wearing when it's still small. Most everything else is organized. We have no clothing yet but will leave that to friends & family at the meet n greet as I'm not having a shower.

So Crystal was there anything you've had to have since the twins were born that made life easier?

Your almost sorted then, I cannot wait to see
The photos ��

Yes there are two things I cannot live without one is my nappy can that stops the smell and I have to say it does work but you may be using cloth? The other thing is called the Fisher Price soothing sounds aquarium I think lol It's good for newborns through to toddlerhood and beyond. It can project light on the ceiling of you want which we don't use yet or they can watch fish "swim round and round and I have to say my girls love that and there's also a sea sound, white noise or music. We mostly use it for the White noise right now when we put them in their cots and it soothes them to sleep. They have had to learn to self soothe with two of them and one of me during the day and that has really helped. I turn it on to sound only and I can stand between the cots and if one is fussing I could rub her back if needed but now it's only a matter of lying them down turning their white noise part of the aquarium on and within 5 minutes they're asleep. The sound also fades over a 60 minute minute period so it doesn't just shut off and it runs off battery so if the power goes off there isn't screaming kids. So far that is my favourite item!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->