Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Hey ladies, had my scan and relieved to say all is well. Two healthy and on target little ones in there getting comfy! They're measuring at 10weeks 4 days (so a week beyond what they said last time), but all is well. So very relieved and now feel very comfortable and excited about telling my family, I know there will be tears from my mum and sister! Thanks for your support was getting worried.
SKP, let's hope this is a good sign!
TTC, how are you?
MrsG have a great holiday!
2have, not long till your photos shoot!
Crystal, thanks so much for your reassurance it's made me feel much better. Yes I'm breaking down prednisone tabs, I have 5mg and 25mg tabs so from Sun will take 12.5mg for 4 days then drop down to 10mg etc.

A doctor told me that more than likely the reason mc happened last time because my hcg levels were too high. It was 1096 then a week later 9000, and then mc happens. It makes sense, i know ppl can be much higher. Maybe my body couldnt handle it.

Along with last nights episode i definetly noticed frequent bathrooms.

Plus nurse told me my thyroid has nothing to do with the hcg levels. All ppl range. And a doc told me stop googling lol

Hi all! That's so funny about the Dr saying to stop googling. Mr RE was a little to cautious when he told me my beta results Monday, so I started googling. Then, I started freaking out thinking that it was going to be a CP.

I go in for my follow up beta tomorrow, but I'm really optimistic. My lines have gotten significantly darker (see my journal or blog if you're interested) and I turned a digital positive today. So, hopefully I'm in the right range.

More news tomorrow!

PC, wonderful news that the scan went well and that your mind is at rest. Enjoy the moment of telling your family.

SKP, I cant imagine how up and down your emotions must be at the moment, I really hope this continues well for you.

Me and DH have hardly seen each other in the last week which means we still haven't discussed the clinics. I am very impatient and he is so laid back he might as well be horizontal. Desperately want to get things moving so hoping we get some time together this weekend to start making some decisions.

:flower:

Thanks ladies,
Ttc74 crossed fingers!

Pinkie
Hope things get better for you

PC Yay!!!!! So glad all is well with beans :) best news! Now you get to share your happy news, enjoy it you've so long to do all of these things you deserve each of them :)!

SKP yes Google can be a minefield !

TTC ooooh yes pee sticks and a journal?? I'm there :)

PC I am thrilled with your news that the twins are well and thriving. Very happy for you!

Pc fantastic news:dance:

SKP when's your scan then?

Ttc will be popping in to read!

Pinkie, I'm afraid my DH is just like yours. The same day Igot news if our cancelled, failed uvf at the local fc I had booked with Reprofit. DH found out about it when he came home from work and we booked flights the night after that. I'm lucky he does what I want, I'm not patient with this fertility stuff and if I'd had to wait for him too he'd be in his grave by now:haha:

2have just saw your ticker...OMG time flies! Do you have a belly shot?

2have lol, I have threatened DH with an early grave if he doesn't pull his finger out!

DH is "working from home" today so managed to pin him down and we've spent all morning reading up on these clinics. He is impressed with Reprofit in Brno and wants me to ask you ladies to share your experiences and ask some questions if that's ok? (sorry if you have already answered these previously).

Did you have an English speaking co-ordinator? If so how helpful and efficient were they? For us this is important, we want someone who is going to advise us and make sure everything is in place. I am abit of an organised freak and need someone to be on the same page. What tests did you have done prior to the cycle and did you have them done over there or at home? How long did you have to stay in Brno for the transfer and finally what is the city like? Feel free to share anything else that you think might be relevant.

Thanks in advance :flower:

2have just saw your ticker...OMG time flies! Do you have a belly shot?
Llbean, this was a few weeks ago during the Calgary Stampede (7month shot). On my way out to party with colleagues in a very non-alcoholic way lol:haha:at one point in pregnancy when my bump was smaller I was worried the boobs were outgrowing the belly but in time the belly caught up:holly:
image.jpg

Did you have an English speaking co-ordinator?

If so how helpful and efficient were they?

For us this is important, we want someone who is going to advise us and make sure everything is in place. I am abit of an organised freak and need someone to be on the same page. What tests did you have done prior to the cycle and did you have them done over there or at home? How long did you have to stay in Brno for the transfer and finally what is the city like? Feel free to share anything else that you think might be relevant.

Thanks in advance :flower:

Coordinators: I've had Magdalena Cogbill and Eva. I recommend Eva. Mag was only intended to give me instructions on how to pay and she over extended her reach and gave me a medications protocol. It wasn't even correct and I'm guessing her English wasn't solid enough because it seemed to be a 'communication error'. She is meant to sign people up for ivf's and take pmt only. Because of this I had to take the Lupron injection twice. Lupron is NOT something anyone should have to do twice in 2 months. Eva was always super professional, she handles all aspects of the transactions, pmt, protocol, logistics, she spoke English perfectly and I'd go back to her if we deal with Reprofit again.

Helpfulness & Efficiency: very. They will respond workdays usually within 24 hours unless your coordinator is off and if that's the case they usually have a back up and will make you aware of any time away. We booked our own accommodations after she let us know which dates we needed to be there. They will send you the profile of the donor to approve when you start your protocol within 30 days prior to transfer. I didn't ask them to help with accommodations but I'm sure they'll step up if you need that.

We stayed at the Grand Brno Hotel and if you look on Trivago you can usually find good deals and get the breakfast (which is decent) for free. We took the train to the clinic which was no more than a few dollars per ticket. The train is right outside to the right of your hotel. The city is small and very cute. The shops are lovely and in the winter there was an open market in the upper plaza. We also spent 10 days in Prague. Prague, so far of all our European travels, was on of the most beautiful cities. In December it sparkled and the markets were warming and cheery. They have some amazing places to eat, the shopping was great and the accomms & food were unbelievably cheap. We stayed in MH Apartments with full kitchen, washer/dryer, bedroom for $80/night. Transit to everywhere was right down the street and super convenient.
https://www.hotels.com/hotel/detail...00.00.0000.0000.00.0000&intlid=Body_HotelName

If you travel from Prague to Brno the busses are the way to go. They're nicer than the trains in Hungary and on certain busses they serve free coffee & food & have wifi. I seem to remember it may have been $30ish round trip? Also, the bus drops you at the stop right infront of the hotel in Brno. It was very easy to get around.
We went to the initial appointment 5 days before transfer only for the day. DH donated and I had an u/s. Then DH stayed in Prague with me for 5 days and left for Canada. I hopped on the bus and went back to Brno on my own and did the transfer. Stayed in Brno for an extra day to relax and then back to Prague to hop on a flight home. They'll probably tell you to be in Brno for 7 days but maybe PC and Crystal can tell you more about this. We took our time as I didn't want to rush or feel stressed in transit.

At home before the trip my GP had set me up with all the drugs I needed based on they're protocol and send me for the required ultrasounds. I went to Reprofit and purchased some extra prednisone as I'd run out. There's a pharmacy right under the clinic. We don't get health coverage for drugs purchased outside of Canada on travel so I tried to get everything at home. I'm pretty sure there are international pharmacies that can mail you the meds if you need, PC and Crystal prob know more on this than I do.
Gl and let us know what happens with your plans!

Beta - 46! That's a doubling time of 1.8. I'll take it.:happydance:

Hi Everyone!
Love your bump 2have! With my 1st pregnancy ! I did not bump out til later! I looked chubby that was it! 2nd one boom instant bump!

Pinkie- I talk to Mag and Eva originally when we were looking at clinics in Czech! Eva was nice! We came from Arkansas USA to Prague! We went to a Prague clinic which I don't recommend because hubby did not want to be in Brno! Wish I did not listen to him! Pussycat just went there!

Pussycat: So happy for your stretchy twins! Making room girl! :).

TTC : Congrats!

Skp: Good Luck!

Hi LL, any luck on the baby front

Hi Butterfly and Crystal!

Hi Mrs G and Coolstar! Hope pregnancy is doing well!

Garnet I hear that's typical about the second bump coming quicker.

PC I can't believe you're almist at your 13 week nauchal scan...just a few more weeks weaning off the drugs too, sureal isn't it?

Trc nice doubling time!

Pinkie, I went through Svetlana :) lovely lady as well and great english! They will send you to an English speaking coordinator so no worries there :)

TTC.. Yay for doubling!!!!

2have, that is a lovely little bump!! You look amazing, pregnancy truly suits you!

Garnet, yes we never let hubs decide these things! :)

Still waiting on blood test. Its 4:50 and they close in 10 minutes. So weird last time they called me just before closing.

I did another stick it seems darker, which mean more hormone right? I would be 18 days past since first pregacy test on day 9

2have...dare I say that looks like a baby girl belly? ;-)

Garnet...nothing to report...sadly

YEY for doubling beta! TTC74

SKP all should be well if the tests are getting darker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back