Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Pinkie - great news on your donor match. It's good you get all that info up front, I still only know our donors age but will ask more when the babies are here safely.

CoolStar - glad your on the mend. You did well to hold out so long before getting medical advice, sounds scary.

Hope everyone is ok & has a good weekend.
Afm: it's bank holiday weekend in the UK, which means I won't get my results until Tuesday. Tuesday is day 14, it's meant to take 14 days so if I've heard nothing by the end of the day Tuesday I will ring in Wednesday morning.
On Sunday we are meeting up with some members of the Donor Conception Network for a picnic. We met some people at a mtg 4 months ago, looking forward to meeting them again & new people. Even though we're waiting on our test results we are going to share our news as the people we met knew we were about to cycle.

Hi ladies!

I'm ok thanks for asking 2have. My cycle did get converted to an iui in the end, as I only had 2 dominant follies. Should have ovulated both last night, iui was done yesterday and dtd last night and this am. Start ivf again next cycle so 2 weeks!

Cool, you poor thing, so glad you are ok. Lots of rest!

Minxy happy bank holiday! Enjoy the picnic.

Pinkie, I've commented on your journal but yay!!!

Hi Minxy, do enjoy your long weekend, it's tough to wait for those results. We ended up having to redo ours as somehow we fell into the 1% category where there was insufficient data with our sample. Another 2 week wait was gruelling! I have everything crossed for you that your babies are healthy xx

Hey ladies,
Pinkie, great news on the donor match!
Coolstar, that sounds painful, did they find out what it was?
Minxy, got everything crossed for your test results, can't imagine what you must be going through. I've looked at donor network but not actually gone to any meetings or anything.
I had my treatment at Reprofit and was told donors age, height, hair colour (and that it was wavy), and that she was a graduate and her hobbies.
All is well with me, expanding and bought my first pair of maternity jeans today! Another scan and consultant appointment on Wednesday and wondering if I'll find out if they're pink or blue. The consultant we saw last week was one who treated me several years ago privately, when we told him we'd gone to CR he more or less told us it was the right and best decision we could have made, he no longer works for the clinic. x

Pinkie, nice to read you have found your donor. FXed for your cycle. Will you be starting with BCP soon.

I started BCP about 3 weeks ago and I am just continuing them until I am told otherwise. I am not sure why I started so early but I am sure this is just standard so it means I can sync my cycle with the donors asap.

PC isn't it a relief to hear good words about the Czech clinics from a professional? After hearing the dance music in Athens, smelling the smoke throughout the clinic, not being able to learn about my donor's features, not being able to nail down the timing, and not being able to see the embies before implantation I thought it was great that they were able to treat my immune issues but they don't have the professional standards that I'm after.

Pinkie I think with the bcp they put me on a monophasic pill which essentially puts your body into a holding pattern until they're ready. Hope you're doing OK on it, I always hated being on the pill, made me feel depressed and lethargic! FX for great weather in Greece for your mini-fertility holiday. Fertility holidays are the best!

Well we went for a smallish hike in the Rockies over the weekend and I treated my friends and family to a lovely lunch at my favourite restaurant in Canmore for my 40th birthday. They were like 'what, it's your birthday!' Yes, and I get to chose to pay, I really appreciate everyone coming out to the mountains with me and especially doing a smallish hike rather than a 6-8 hour one that would for sure put me into delivery room or the ER for exhaustion :haha: It was great fun on the pregnant lady's terms!

After a discussion with my husband, we both decided that we need to take an official break to have a break, and to pay off IVF debts.

As much as it pains me to finally feel that this break is really needed. After all ttc for 5 years have been emotionally, physically financially exhausting. 4 IVFs, Lap surgery, 2 sonos, 3 HSGs, meds, a lot of wait gain. I rather have the break now, then when Im older, then I believe it would be harder to have the break.

I am so thankful that I have a lot of time on my hands for babies. Especially using donor eggs. I can carry right up until Im too old lol.

I wish you all the best of luck, and thank you so much ladies for your support :)

You need to do what's best for you SKP. If that means a break, then that's what you need to do.

Hi ladies. It's been a while since I've been on. It feels like I've been through so much. Last month, as you know, I popped up with a freak natural pregnancy. Unfortunately, they were pretty sure it was ectopic (couldn't see it on the 6 week scan and my betas were staying around 150). So, they gave me a shot of methotrexate to clear me out. That was excruciating.

I saw my RE yesterday. He's pushing for IVF, but I explained that I just couldn't afford that. So, he's going to let me do a couple of rounds of IUI with follistim starting with my October cycle (he wants me to cycle naturally once first). So, I'll be back on the train soon.

2have, wish you a very happy birthday!!
TTC, fxed for your October cycle.
Skp, taking a break seems to be a good move. IVF is so consuming .

Skp, as hard as it feels to take a break it is sometimes the right thing to do, especially when age is on your side. When you do start again you'll hopefully be relaxed, refreshed and ready! Your mind and body will benefit. Keep in touch!

Ttc, so sorry to hear what happened after your surprise bfp. It shows that you can get pregnant naturally so it's great your re has agreed to some iui cycles. Best of luck!

I had my iui done in Saturday. Holding out pretty much no hope, I don't mean to be negative, just realistic. When af comes we start our final OE ivf!

SKP, totally agree that if age is on your side then a break is often a good thing to regroup emotionally and financially.
TTC good to see you back, hope you're feeling ok, you've been through a tough time. You sound pretty positive though and as you managed to get a natural BFP, I would say IUI seems like a logical thing to do. Keep us posted!
Mrs W, how you feeling?
How's everyone else doing? xx

Hey ladies, Minxy I can't wait to hear your results, how are you doing?
TTC, sorry to hear about your loss and happy to hear about your plan. FX for you!
Mrs W never say never, when you're least expecting you might just hit the jackpot. I know how we need to protect our mind though and completely understand what you're saying.
Coolstar how are you feeling?
SKP, a break sounds like a good idea especially if age isn't a worry for you.

2have, Happy Birthday! Good for you still hiking while pregnant. No wonder you have a cute bump.

TTC, best of luck with your IUI cycles.

SKP, good luck with your break.

Minky, I hope you got some good news today. Keep us posted.

PC, will you be finding out if you are team blue or pink?

Hope everyone else is getting along ok with their pregnancies.

AFM, I got my treatment plan today. It's all happening very quickly, excited but a little scared. If everything goes according to plan the donor will have EC on 5th-7th Oct. I've been told because I am a pro at self injections I can do my prostap injection myself - great can't wait! Any words of wisdom to keep me calm over the next few week is much appreciated.

:flower:

Pinkie I too did that injection myself, it's IM right? You'll do fine girl! My DH gave me one in the arm and I did one in my hip. It really wasn't that bad. I chose to do progesterone injections too in the hip instead of taking gel or cream beads up the hoohaa. Much less mess. Will you get a choice of what kind of progesterone you want to use?

Hi All..
So sorry to be so lame in not posting, but quite busy with everything and I really don't have the best internet access at home and checking in on the phone just really doesn't work.

I have seen some lovely news on the board.

@2have, it seems you've been pregnant forever, and now you are nearly there! Can't wait for you to have your baby in your arms!

Pussycat, coolstar - you ladies are coming along nicely! Other preggo moms that am I missing?

TTC - sorry about your ectopic, but as it has been said, it bodes well a bit for an IUI doesn't it...so good luck

Ms.W - hope you also have luck with IUI...hope you won't need to pursue the last OE cycle with IVF

Pinkie - good luck getting started!

SKP - sorry for the tough time you've had at this. time off and a fresh perspective may help...

AFM - baby is almost 5 weeks and all is going well. dealing with lots of gas after she eats, but she is gaining weight, so not really worried. enjoying time off work, but go back in about 2 weeks :{. I really envy you ladies who get a year off....maternity leave in the USA is just horrid...but I can't stay out longer as we like eating around here! Ha! I know I have missed a bunch of ladies, but good luck to everyone no matter what stage you are in!!!

MrsW, don't lose hope. Keep us posted.
2have, I am much better now. Not much days left for you.
PC, when are you going to have gender scan ? Keep us posted !!
Pinkie, Fxed for your cycle !!
Minxy, MrsG how are you ladies doing ?
Dmama, wow your baby is already 5 weeks :) .Time flies .
AFM, we are planning to take Childbirth and Infant care program. Don't know how much it will help but since DH and me have no idea how to deal with babies so thought it might be a good idea.

Hi everyone, amazing news the Harmony test came back clear. The consultant has advised no further testing. We are so relieved, hopefully we can now enjoy this pregnancy. I'm 15wks today, next scan next Friday at 16wks where he will be able to check the organs etc are ok, once we've got the all clear I will tell my co-workers.

TTC - sorry to hear you've had to go through all this.

Coolstar - those programs sound great. I've signed up for a 2 hour twin class and looking to do a 6 hour twin antenatal as twins aren't really covered off with the free stuff over here.

2have - Happy Birthday! How's it going? Have you considered when you'll try to work too?

Mrs W - Good luck for the iui.

Pinkie - how exciting, good luck for October.

Dhama - glad to hear its going well. I hear you on the money Vs time off even it were an option, I'm hoping to take a full year off over here but in honesty I've no idea how we will manage financially. I will have to cut back alot! Bit nervous about money but I've waited so long I don't care.

Pussycat - how are you? Have you checked out the Tamba website? I've not had time to actually download anything from it but looks like loads of info and support on there. we've booked to a 2 hour multiples survival course and will look to do a full day antenatal with them.

Hope I've not missed anyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->