Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Yes I went a clinic in the city of Prague! Not Brno which I should have gone to Reprofit! I don't recommend the clinic I went to because the success rate is not good and all the issues I had with them! I wanted to give her warning if she was thinking about Prague clinic!

I will PM you! Thanks, any info gratefully received xx

Pinkie, what made you choose Greece? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. It is reassuring to hear about people having positive experiences as it is not something I ever imagined myself doing !!!

Haha! 2 have I lived in New Hampshire for a year in North America, there were so many differences like we call it a bath and you say tub, we say rubbish you say garbage, we say lorry you say truck.

To me a vest looks like this..... You can also get special nursing ones with built in tummy support to suck the baby belly in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 7
Mrs W yes! And the loo / bathroom/washroom as north american's call it. Oh that vest is a tank top, yes I've seen lots of the nursing sorts on ebay. I'll see how I make out going into winter with our baby.
Do any of you ladies ever watch Call the Midwife? Are they going to make another season? We just got through Doc Martin and are awaiting the next season, need some good shows now that I get to be at home for a while!

Thanks 2have, will refer to your hospital list when I am preparing mine :) . We have our birthing classes on 12th from 9am to 4pm with 45mins lunch break. Really excited for that.
Garnet, I will also check Walmart and Target for nursing tanks !! Also read that amazon has Amazon baby registry where they give around 10% off and 90 days return if you register.
Pinkie, not much time left !! 4 weeks will just fly.
Boopin, welcome to the thread !! Keeping my fingers Xed for your DE cycle.
MrsW, keep us posted !!
PC, MrsG how are you ladies ?
Hope I did not miss anyone. Today we have heat advisory here. Temp would be 100+ . So trying to stay cool :)

Yes I wore nursing tanks because they were more comfortable than the bras! I am a comfort freak when it comes to bras! I had enough milk for the whole neighborhood! :haha: I wore those and disposable breast milk pads! :wacko:

Yes I wore nursing tanks because they were more comfortable than the bras! I am a comfort freak when it comes to bras! I had enough milk for the whole neighborhood! :haha: I wore those and disposable breast milk pads! :wacko:

I fear without a bra I'd be flip flopping all over the place. I'm normally a 36 DD and have gone up to a 36G. It's SO annoying even laying in bed right now they get stuck under my arms-just want to tape them in their proper place.

The pharmacists told me to grab the square bed washable pad off the bed when I leave hospital for night time boob leaks. They showed me the kind in Walmart and said the hospital ones are much better as you can just throw them in the wash and they're thicker. They said you'll be leaking from all angles and the square bed pads, disposable or washable will be necessary.:wacko: This wasn't on my list but I found the info from those pharmacist ladies very useful.

That a good ideal 2have! With my 1st , I did not know how to regulate so I had a breast pad and maxi pad under the boobs to catch milk! Once you regulate with breast feeding you won't leak as much!

Those in the U.S.... Just found out that Medela breast pumps are covered by insurance! Apparently you go to their site and put your insurance and you can see what you can get for free... A friend just found out and got the electric top of the line!

Thanks Coolstar!! I'm finally getting a chance to pop back in and say HELLO.

Congratulations to all the mommies to B!!

Praying for all of us ttc ladies =.)

Am praying too for all of you ttc ladies. It's a hard road for some but worth it in the end. The Only advice I have is perseverance and a back up plan and then hope you don't need it!

Yes 2have I'm done. I'm a bit old for for Another and I'd struggle being on my own 5 days a week. Had to make a decision on the frosties recently :nope:

Ladies I've been having a big ponder today and I'm after some advice......

At what point did you decide to close the door on your own eggs and use a donor? Does anyone feel they went to donor too soon, or do you wish you had done it sooner in retrospect?

Did anyone feel in their heart of Hearts that they knew their own eggs would never work? And where you right or wrong??

2 have how did y get pregnant naturally in the end? Had you given up or did you find something else was wrong?

I guess I'm pretty sure this iui hasn't worked now (12 dpiui, don't feel pregnant, have usual af symptoms) and realistically we only have the money for one more shot at ivf. We can't borrow money as we can't pay it back and although we could ask parents, we don't want to when we can't pay them back. So unless we beg, steal and borrow my next go is my last. If I go with a donor I might be pregnant soon and have a sibling for my dd which is what I desperately want. I can't stand the misery anymore!

I think I'm just nervous that I will wonder in the future if I should have tried harder with own eggs? Waited longer and saved up for more tries.

My amh was 3 a year ago. I have one ovary. One natural pregnancy 4 years ago. One natural pregnancy 2 years ago resulting in mmc. 2 years of ttc since. One ivf with 6 poor quality eggs, 2 fertilised, 1 survived to day 2, bfn. Next ivf as you know converted to iui as only 2 follies grew (but I was ill that month.....)

One part of me thinks maybe the dhea has worked and if I try again the antognist with Merional cycle might work. But then if the dhea has worked I'd be pregnant naturally if egg quality is my only issue (and I think it is, my other pregnancies were both achieve first month ttc).

Sorry I just needed to get all my thoughts out!! So..... Advice? What would you do in my shoes or what did you do?

Thanks for all the support, I love this thread!!

X

Am praying too for all of you ttc ladies. It's a hard road for some but worth it in the end. The Only advice I have is perseverance and a back up plan and then hope you don't need it!

Yes 2have I'm done. I'm a bit old for for Another and I'd struggle being on my own 5 days a week. Had to make a decision on the frosties recently :nope:

:hugs::hugs:

Another question.... Those who went abroad, how long did it take to be matched with your donor? X

Hi everyone.

2have I also wondered about thongs!!!!! Jeez can't think of anything worse after childbirth!!! Great list, you're lucky your hospital give you stuff, I get nothing!! I'm gonna need a massive suitcase!

Hi to the new ladies. I had treatment in South of England so can't help with clinics abroad. Everyone here is so lovely, don't hesitate to ask for anything here.

Mrs w, how are you feeling? Currently in ferndown waiting for dad's gymnastics to finish!

How's everyone else doing? There's loads going on here and I'm sorry if I've missed people's news.

Afm, babe has finally moved head down, 4 working days and 5 weeks to go!

Xx

Also mrs g, how long did you wait for your donor at Wessex? X

About 6 months, that was as at jan last year so might've changed. If you ring them they'll be able to tell you what the current time is. I had no issue going to donor eggs when we did. I knew mine were crap and like you didn't want any bigger age gap for a sibling. Ultimately my desire for a sibling far outweighed any worries I had and as I knew I'd carry the baby (and with my good old epigenetics research!) it was the natural, and really only thing to do. Once you're pg you honestly don't give it a second thought. I'm eternally grateful to our donor but I am this baby's mum. Xx

That makes me feels so much better mrs g, thank you! Where is the gymnastics, at the leisure centre? I live a few minutes from there! X

Ladies I've been having a big ponder today and I'm after some advice......

At what point did you decide to close the door on your own eggs and use a donor? Does anyone feel they went to donor too soon, or do you wish you had done it sooner in retrospect?

Did anyone feel in their heart of Hearts that they knew their own eggs would never work? And where you right or wrong??

Hi Mrs W:hugs: I'm sorry about your IUI. When I did IVF my eggs never grew, they started at 5 & 7 mm and not one of them grew past 7mm. Either on low doses and no down reg or on their initial cycle of down reg and high dose. We had consulted with our local clinic on DE frozen egg IVF 1 months prior to doing our last IVF (Sept2013) with them. We decided to go to Europe if it didn't work out for the following reasons:
-we had to contact the business manager to get the stats of success to live birth. They only advertise their clinical rates (shady)
-we were told only after we pay the $10,000 of $25,000 that we could then get donor details.
-the price for 6 eggs was $25,000 and the thaw rates were 50%-60% (terrible compared to how many eggs you get from a fresh cycle)
-the quality of embryos were not good either out of the eggies that do thaw properly
During our IVF Sept 2013 I was researching the DE IVF clinics abroad, by October we had arranged a December 14th transfer date. They gave us our donor details mid November. My DE IVF requirements were a good donor database and high high success rates to live birth with FET's and fresh cycles plus competitive rates.
2 have how did y get pregnant naturally in the end? Had you given up or did you find something else was wrong?
After we did our fresh DE cycle and I was carrying twins with Reprofit in Brno Czech Rep I mc 1 emby @ 5 weeks and the other mmc at 8weeks. I had a D&C to get the emby tested for genetic anomalies and I sent blood samples off for reproductive immune testing with Dr Beers clinic in California (no trip was needed). The 8 week mmc had Turner's syndrome (sperm related) AND I was diagnosed and needed immune treatments if I was to carry a baby to term.

We then did another unsuccessful DE IVF in Athens with Serum. 6 months time got rid of the depression in my head, we got on the adoption list and planned another DE IVF with Reprofit, I was also in the mood to lose 20-30 lbs that I'd gained with the last years IVF's. While I was dieting & exercising in Jan 2015 I got pregnant. I've only EVER got naturally pregnant on high protein, low carb, LOTS of exercise diets. My first natural pregnancy in 2012 while dieting I wound up mc'ing at 8 weeks and now with knowing about my immune problems, and just gone through treatments, DH thinks that's what helped this pregnancy continue. I'm not sure, it could have been a rotten eggie the first time? I am also on blood thinners as Dr Beers caught severe clotting of 2 different types that our home clinic completely missed.

I think I'm just nervous that I will wonder in the future if I should have tried harder with own eggs? Waited longer and saved up for more tries.

This decision has to be up to you :flower: I was so sick to death of watching my home clinic eat all of my funds with their low stats of success and because I never responded well to IVF I just knew I had to try something new. It felt like I was getting financially drained while banging my head on a brick wall. It was the best thing for us to try DE cycles abroad, we had the most amazing vacations, we found out about my immune issues, we had a different perspective and much more professional approach than our home clinic, and there's so much more hope in the air when your money is going towards a new method of success. Our mission is to have kids and lots of them. If I don't conceive naturally again in the next year or two I'm going back to Reprofit. Twins would be SUCH a blessing to finish off our wee family!

That makes me feels so much better mrs g, thank you! Where is the gymnastics, at the leisure centre? I live a few minutes from there! X

Even if you're not sure, I'd recommend ringing Wessex just got a chat. Shelley is the donor coordinator or Sarah is the donor nurse.

Gymnastics is on the industrial estate. It's called Gymstars. Really great equipment, they do day classes for preschool I think. Might see you there!!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->