Inconceivable and beyond :-)

2have - ha ha 'my fanny' I haven't heard it called that for a long time (I am so immature lol).

Coolstar, pleased to hear the birthing session went well. So nice you get a bed for your DH too. UK ladies, do we get this over here?

I can't even think about birthing yet, the whole thought of it absolutely terrifies me. Same as you Coolstar, I am concentrating on getting a BFP and then I will worry about it. I had some hypnotherapy at the beginning of the year and if/when I get pregnant I think I will go back to prepare me for birth.

With regards to tearing, I don't know how true this is but a few friends told me that once the head comes out to pant and not pant like you've run a few blocks but pant as hard as you possibly can and like you're life depends on it, apparently they swear by this and had no tearing.

Crystal, I think its so cute that your babies are daddy girls. They clearly adore each other, so lovely.

:flower:

With regards to tearing, I don't know how true this is but a few friends told me that once the head comes out to pant and not pant like you've run a few blocks but pant as hard as you possibly can and like you're life depends on it, apparently they swear by this and had no tearing.

And they say to only push when the mw/OB says to push. Pushing too hard at the wrong time is one of the many reasons women tear. At my last OB appointment she said she holds the muscular part below (um she put it so nicely but I think that was code for she holds my as$ basically along with the perineum) while pushing if everyone is in the right position (and lying down is not the right position, squatting or being on all fours with gravity helping is much easier as it tucks away the tail bone).

BTW, I think hypnotherapy is a great tool for birthing!

Still such mixed emotions, want to get it done, want to escape from the horrors of work (omg my boss is such a wank), want my year off - I've been waiting for so long for a break, want to know if it's a boy or girl, want a family and all the smiles, tears, and laughs that come with children, but the birthing part...can't we skip that?

I always wanted a boy but now I hope it's a girl because I like the name we picked for a girl much better than the boy name:haha: isn't that silly?
MacKinley Bronwynn Kirk or Lachlan Marcellus Kirk

Love those names 2have! Strange thing happening to me the last couple days! Newborn boy keeps visiting me! Maybe a baby boy will be born soon! :winkwink: :shrug: I think though it is my friend who is going to go to IVF but has to lose tons of weight! They told her she has for the IVF to be more successful!

Love those names 2have! Strange thing happening to me the last couple days! Newborn boy keeps visiting me! Maybe a baby boy will be born soon! :winkwink: :shrug: I think though it is my friend who is going to go to IVF but has to lose tons of weight! They told her she has for the IVF to be more successful!

Oh thanks Garnet, we both have a feeling it's a boy - so you're most likely bang on:dance:

It's SO true, IVF has so many issues when your overweight. That site I've recommended showing the stats of all the issues really points out how being outside of the healthy weight zone gives you massive exponential chances of m/c and not implanting (basically brings on infertility). I knew this going in and took drastic measures to get my weight down. In countries that cover IVF treatments, they set restrictions on age & BMI so they're not wasting their resources on women who statistically won't succeed. It's a hard lesson but weight gives so many other issues for your poor body to deal with (hormones don't work properly, thyroid tanks, diabetes / insulin resistance, PCOS more common, infertility a biggie) there are more pitfalls to being inactive & overweight than most people know. And it's ironic how many women get pregnant naturally when they're losing weight or like my friend, training for an ironman (twice!)

Pinkie, 3+ yrs of ttc the only BFP I got was during my last FET. Its good that you are focusing on IVF part which is the most difficult :flower: . How is your inj/meds going on ?

2Have, It is so emotional specially for us ladies who have to work so hard just to get a positive HPT . Sitting in that room I was thinking if I can go through 3+yrs of ttc/IVF/inj/meds/ Heartache I think I can go through labor also (the thought did help me :thumbup: ). And the nurse kept saying we are born to do this, you all can !!

Llbean, yes now I get it. They want to be ready for any emergency and to hold your baby as soon as he/she is born. Also they told us holding the baby close to your heart is important so that he can feel your heartbeat (a sound he was hearing for so long ).

Garnet, I was thinking about the shaving :blush: part. Was wondering how would I shave myself with such a big bump LOL :haha: .

:haha:Ha ha that is a dilemma Coolstar! Maybe hubby will have to help!

2have, Yes you will be to busy to be worried about things! You will be great!:thumbup:

I mean birth can be painful but once you have that little one in your arms, it doesn't matter anymore!

Pinkie I'm with you in the fanny comment hehe!! Although once I was in labour I just didn't care to be honest, the midwife saw me naked in the bath and all sorts. It was the least of my worries. But as garnet said, once that baby is in your arms nothing else matters and every moment of pain was worth it a million times over.

Pinkie, different hospitals in the uk vary. Where I gave birth husbands could stay on a chair that pulled out into a bed. It wasn't hugely comfortable but it was amazing that he was allowed to stay the night and not forced to go home, it was much nicer to be together as a family with our new baby. We where on a ward though, not in a private room. There where private rooms which you could pay extra for, if they where available at the time.

I think it's completely right to not stress too much about birth, particularly until you get closer. You hear so many stories, good and bad, but there is just no way of knowing how your birth will go so the best thing is to relax, prepare as best you can (I'm planning on doing hypno birthing next time if I choose a vbac) and go with the flow.

So af arrived, the iui didn't work. Obviously no surprises there. Now I'm back in that shitty limbo of researching clinics, success rates, waiting times, trying to decide where to go, what to do and feeling stressed as I want to do it all yesterday!! Ugh.

Hi Pinkie, once you choose, it goes fast from there on.
Thanks for the encouragement Garnet <3

How is everyone doing? I had the sister over for dinner yesterday and she'll be at the delivery with dh & mom. Just filling her in on a few things to expect. I gave her the link to my fav thread on b&b about hilarious birthing stories:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/labour-birth/696911-funny-embarrasing-labour-stories.html
(incase you've not yet seen it)

OMG, you have to shave all your lady garden when giving birth too??? 2have, I agree with you... can't wait to be pregnant, have that growing belly, beautiful children and a happy family but would happily skip the birthing part! I will take a look at the funny stories.

Coolstar, so far so good thanks. Just waiting for both mine and the donors AF to arrive (hopefully this weekend) and then I start taking Progynova tablets. This is the most stress free cycle I've had so far, it doesn't feel like I am doing anything!

MrsW, sorry to hear the IUI wasn't a success. Good luck with making a decision on what to do from here, its not easy but such a relief when you do. And of course we're here to help you and answer any questions.

Not much to report from me, as I said above just waiting for the AF to show up for the party to really get started. Not been feeling too great the last couple of days, very tired and suffering with headaches, I am wondering if they are side effects from the prostap injection I took on Saturday.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :flower:

Ha ha Pinkie, no you won't have to shave down there but if you have a an emergency C section they will do it for you! Some ladies groom their lady bits before the forced exposure!

Garnet, phew. I am all for keeping it tidy but wouldn't want to shave it off! The re-growth would not be nice lol.

2have, those birthing stories are hilarious. No doubt you'll be able to add to it soon.

Pinkie, I'm signed up for a wax next week. I'be been a swimmer my whole life and found shaving gives massive ingrown hairs & infections so waxing has always been my thing. This whole summer I was doing it myself but I def can't see anything right now so going in for the first time for a professional do!

God bless lasers... All I'm going to say lol... Of course this is before pregnancy not during

Can I ask those ladies who went to Reprofit how it works out logistically? Did you make only one trip and how long did you have to stay for ? Do they give you dates in advance or can you only finalise travel plans at the last minute? Just trying to figure out the logistics of doing this and how I would arrange it with work. Thanks, any info most welcome.

Hi bluebell, we stayed in MH Apartments holidaying in in Prague when we flew in (for 10 days). 4 days in we made our same-day travel into to Brno for initial appt scan & sperm collection. Then 5 days later I stayed at The Grand for 2 days for the transfer. Then 1 night back in Prague at the airport and then home. They pretty much peg down the dates so you can arrange all of your accomms. The Grand Hotel in Brno has a good breakfast and is situated close to the tram that we took to the appointment. It's also across the street from where the bus drops you off from Prague. The Orange Student bus line goes every hour to and from Prague-Brno and is cheap. Bruno's really small so you can walk the main part of the city from the hotel, it's situated very central to everything. I think we get discounts there if they know you're with Reprofit. We used Trivago though to get breakfast included.
MH Apartments in Prague were huge, new, included your own washer/dryer/kitchen and bedroom for very very inexpensive. Nice location and we spent nothing on food & transit as it was right next to a grocer, metro & tram hub.

Hey everyone, so sorry I haven't posted recently, I have been stalking but just never seem to find the right moment to reply / post, now I can't remember all the things I was going to say, doh!
Loving the birthing tales, 2have, MrsG it's so soon!!! I had the house to myself last night and watched 2 episodes of one born every minute, there were 2 twin births (both csection) and it really got me thinking about the whole thing and how tiny twins can be. I can't decide if I'm grateful or a bit sad that I have to have a section, part of me would like to experience the whole birthing thing and feels like I'm 'cheating'! Does that make sense? All is going well with me, can't believe I'm 19 weeks, can't feel any movement yet but I'm sure it will come in the next week or two. Our big news is we found out we're having girls! We're thrilled as we both secretly wanted girls but didn't want to say in case they weren't, if course we'd have been delighted with boys too. Given there are two in there I'm not that big, but both babies are either average or just below average size so I guess my height is helping disguise it. It's so reassuring having scans every two weeks! Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing fine and those start tong out on this journey are finding their way, it's tough, but worth it! xx

Can I ask those ladies who went to Reprofit how it works out logistically? Did you make only one trip and how long did you have to stay for ? Do they give you dates in advance or can you only finalise travel plans at the last minute? Just trying to figure out the logistics of doing this and how I would arrange it with work. Thanks, any info most welcome.

Hi Bluebell, my experience pretty much reflected what 2have said. We're based in UK and could fly direct to Brno from London Stansted, which was great. Then get the bus from outside the airport which drops you right opposite the grand hotel where we also stayed, it's really not worth paying for a taxi for this journey. Grand hotel is really central, pretty old fashioned but comfortable and as 2 have said a good buffet breakfast. I emailed them and quoted MyIVF and got a special rate including breakfast which was very competitive. Brno is lovely in summer and magical in winter (I went in Feb and May and it was like two different cities!). I went by myself in May so went to the cinema one evening as they show English films with Czech subtitles.
I can't praise Reprofit enough, after all they've given me my miracle twins. Our first trip we flew out Sunday night, first appointment was Mobday for sperm collection and general chat and scan to check my lining and donors eggs collected same day. We then called on Wed for an update on what had fertilised, progress etc and booked transfer for Sat morning and flew back Sat night. Unfortunately this cycle didn't work but we had frosties so they tweaked my protocol and I flew back in April for an endometrial scratch (crazy but was cheaper to fly and stay in hotel pay them than to have it done here!), then at the end of May flew back for frozen embryo transfer which they did under a mild anaesthetic (like what you have with egg retrieval for IVF), this was because I've always had difficult transfers and I wonder if this is what made the difference. Anyway this time it flew our Friday afternoon, transfer Sat morning then chilled out in the hotel the rest of Sat and Sun am then flew back early evening Sunday. The rest is history and we've been blessed with a twin pregnancy. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. The staff at Reprofit are professional, helpful, informed and can time things in advance so you can arrange your trip. All of this for less than half UK prices, why didn't i do this sooner?! Best of luck. xx

Thank you so much Pussycat and 2 have. I have filled in the questionnaire and it looks as though it might be Feb we can do our treatment.
I am glad to hear you both had positive experiences at the clinic, it makes it all seem less daunting. Thanks for the hotel recommendations also, again that really helps x

PC congratulations on your little girls, so cute, two little princesses. Bless.

Bluebell, congratulations on moving forward with reprofit. Feb will be here before you know it

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->