Injectables with IUI or Timed Intercourse Club!

Fitzy - any news hon? Thinking of you *hugs*

I have just started taking norethisterone to delay my period, I think I start injections on the 26th so a way to go yet but I always seem to feel better when I'm taking something! Like I'm doing something positive to move forwards.

Megg - I think your IUI is today? Good luck with that! I wanted to ask you a question about soy (I lurk in the soy ladies thread!): On my last IUI cycle I spotted for five days before AF despite being on progesterone support. When I mentioned this to the clinic they said that they could add in estrogen to my meds but I would have to speak to the FS first. My appointment with the FS though isn't til 9th November which is after my next cycle will be over and done with! So, I am considering taking soy alongside my injectables to try and up my estrogen levels, what do you think? I don't think it would do any harm but am nervous of messing up whatever the injectables are doing...

Ohhhhh... uhm... I don't know, Mars! I think I'd be too scared to screw something up... but I don't know it would actually harm anything. Hmm... I wish I had an answer! :hugs:

Yes, today is my IUI!!

Think the witch is flying in girls...not here yet but bit of spotting and temps dropping..PANTS!!

Thanks Megg! I knew it was a tricky question! I think I have decided to leave well alone, at least that way any symptoms or issues I take to the FS appointment will be real ones and not down to anything else. It's jsut disappointing to be going into a fresh cycle with so little hope!

Fitzy - I'm so sorry hon. *hugs* Not quite sure what else to say really, was really hoping it would work first time for you again. Do you know when you'll try again?

Does anyone know what these figures mean? I'm concerned mostly with the "clinical pregnancy odds ratio"... I can't find a good definition of that!

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/4989554170_81534a3def_b.jpg

Hi Megg, He is comparing the success percentages as ratios. i.e. say, for every 100 women who fall pregant below age 37, only 58 women over age 37 will fall, hence this is noted as a significant decrease and age is a big risk factor. The same for the sperm count. The last box indicates that HMG IUI is 2.15 times more likely to be successful than natural IUI hence the significant increase. Does that make sense?

Hope you IUI went well and that the tww will pass speedily for you!

Hi Megg, He is comparing the success percentages as ratios. i.e. say, for every 100 women who fall pregant below age 37, only 58 women over age 37 will fall, hence this is noted as a significant decrease and age is a big risk factor. The same for the sperm count. The last box indicates that HMG IUI is 2.15 times more likely to be successful than natural IUI hence the significant increase. Does that make sense?

Hope you IUI went well and that the tww will pass speedily for you!

OMG! That makes SO MUCH more sense now! Thank you! I usually am pretty good with that stuff... but perhaps 3am isn't the appropriate time to try and decipher charts or tables about medical info! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->