Injectables with IUI or Timed Intercourse Club!

Best of luck with your scan on Tuesday Fitzy, can't wait to hear the results. i just know you're going to have a bunch of nice follies growing!!

Hi Ladies!

Hope you don't mind if I join in on this thread! :flower:

I am currently 2 DPO. I had my trigger injection on Wednesday morning and IUI Thursday afternoon - approximately 34 hours post trigger. I was on Gonal F/Menopur and now on Estrace and Endometrin Progesterone. My last u/s on Tuesday showed 4 good sized follies at 19mm/17.5mm/16mm/14mm. I was given one more day of injections to boost them just a little more before the trigger on Wednesday morning.

This is my first injectible cycle (after unsuccessful 3 rounds on Clomid), and I really don't know what to expect! :wacko:

Currently my boobs are very tender and sore. Today had some mild cramping in lower abdomen - not to one side or the other, but just across the middle. I know that these symptoms are probably just the progesterone as too early for implantation cramping, but it really does drive your mind crazy doesn't it??? :wacko:

Anyway....sending u all loads of BABY DUST AND STICKY VIBES! :kiss:

Good Luck Ladies and thank you so much for the thread!

Wendy :thumbup:

Welcome to the thread Wendy and sending lots :dust: your way for a nice sticky BFP! The HCG trigger gives all the symptoms of pregnancy...think it's best to TRY (and I stress try cos it ain't easy!) to dismiss them as much as possible until testing time:wacko:..easir said than done I know!

Thanks Fitzy!

I know in my heart that the symptoms I am feeling are all related to the HCG injection - but my crazy, 2WW head is playing tricks on me...LOL.

How long do the symptoms of the trigger injection last? How soon after trigger can we test? I have read that the witch (if she is going to) will fly on 12-14days after the trigger. Is this what you have been told?

Thanks for letting me join!!!!

Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!

Wendy

The HCG trigger generally has left your system 10 days after the shot but can be up to 14. A test after 14 days should be accurate...it would be so nice to have a fast forward button for the TWW:winkwink:

Best of luck Weewendyg, I also went on the injectables after 3 unsuccessful goes with Clomid.

During the 2ww my boobs were really sore and I was also pretty bloated. Hard to tell if it was from the trigger or the progesterone suppositories (or both). I also got a few headaches and had a few dizzy spells, I think those were from the progesterone though.

Best of luck for a quick 2ww followed by a BFP 14 dpo! Try to avoid the temptation to test too early, the hcg can stick around for a while.

Fitzy - that's so exciting! Good luck for your scan tomorrow! *hugs*

Weewendy - best of luck for your cycle! The symptoms from the trigger and the progesterone are awful and there is really no way to distinguish them from any early pregnancy symptoms. The sore boobs will be from the HCG and the cramps from the progesterone. On my last cycle I got a false positive from the trigger at 9dpiui so I would definitely advise holding off testing until about 12 dpiui if you can but some people test earlier to find out when the trigger is out of their system. Also if you are on progesterone, it is likely to delay your AF until you stop taking it.

AS for me this cycle is a bust sadly. AF finally showed properly yesterday after 6 days of spotting despite being on the progesterone (I need to find out why that was!). I'll be on a rest cycle now and the next IUI will probably be mid October.... more waiting *sigh*

Awww MarsM...so sorry to hear the witch got you:hugs: Thinking of you and hoping next IUI will be the lucky one x

Hi Ladies!

Hope you don't mind if I join in on this thread! :flower:

I am currently 2 DPO. I had my trigger injection on Wednesday morning and IUI Thursday afternoon - approximately 34 hours post trigger. I was on Gonal F/Menopur and now on Estrace and Endometrin Progesterone. My last u/s on Tuesday showed 4 good sized follies at 19mm/17.5mm/16mm/14mm. I was given one more day of injections to boost them just a little more before the trigger on Wednesday morning.

This is my first injectible cycle (after unsuccessful 3 rounds on Clomid), and I really don't know what to expect! :wacko:

Currently my boobs are very tender and sore. Today had some mild cramping in lower abdomen - not to one side or the other, but just across the middle. I know that these symptoms are probably just the progesterone as too early for implantation cramping, but it really does drive your mind crazy doesn't it??? :wacko:

Anyway....sending u all loads of BABY DUST AND STICKY VIBES! :kiss:

Good Luck Ladies and thank you so much for the thread!

Wendy :thumbup:

Hi Weewendyg, I also had my first IUI last Thursday. Now in the dreaded 2WW and have no idea what to expect. Just want to wish you lots of luck (and of course to everyone else) xx

Hi Vicks!

How exciting! We're both on the same schedule!!!!

Are you suffering any side effects of the trigger (and or Progesterone if you are taking it)?

GOOD LUCK AND LOADS OF BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!

Keep us posted!

Wendy

arghhhhhh!!!! Just phoned the clinic with the results of this IUI and asked if I could see the FS because I had some concerns regarding my reactions to the meds. I won't be able to see him until November which will be after my next cycle anyway but at least the wheels are in motion.

I explained that I was concerned by the spotting and the fact that my follies weren't getting big enough despite the higher doses of the meds. She then went on about how though the biggest was 15 at the scan that it would be 19 by the time of the IUI. How do they know if they won't scan me again????? My follies only grew to 15mm, I honestly don't think they're making 2mm a day but even if they were why does every other site, clinic, advice I've seen say that they won't trigger unless the lead follie is at least 18mm!!! I'm just scared because I know that in upcoming cycles they will continue to trigger me when the conditions are less than ideal and it just seems like such a waste of time and energy and I only have two cycles left to get this right! I just feel so out of control and frustrated!!

sorry for the rant

Ah MarsM hun..you rant away..we all need to voice our concerns. What day was your lead follie 15mm. Mine was only 14mm on day 10 and I wasn't scanned again. Triggered on day 14 but not sure what size it was then. Why such a long wait for FS hun??

Hi Weewendyg,

I haven't suffered any side effects from the trigger, although do have slight cramps every now and again. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. How about you? I haven't had to take Progesterone, just Clomid and Gonal F Injections, then the trigger and then nothing after the IUI. Keep me updated with your news, fingers crossed and lots of babydust to you!!

x

Thanks Fitzy! Lead follie was 15mm on day 10, I triggered on day 11 and had IUI on day 12 so really not a lot of time for it to grow more.

I think that is just the standard wait on the NHS to see a FS, in one respect it could be good as I should know the outcome of the third cycle by then and I would hope that if it were unsuccessful that they will put me on the waiting list for IVF so I should get in the queue a bit quicker (normally they wait til after the third cycle failure to even schedule an appointment so assuming it was 3 months, it could be January before I got to see him and even longer to wait for IVF...)

The rollercoaster ride just doesn't get any easier does it?

:nope:Well my follicles have gone on strike again..no major movement on any of them. Very distinct echoes of my three clomid cycles. He's upped the injection dosage for the next three nights and I have to go in again on Fri. to see if any improvement. He says I'm a very "funny" case as not classic polycystic candidate and am displaying with sporadic response to stims. I came out and was very upset but now I'm just :growlmad: Why the hell won't my body play ball??!! I've worked so hard at building myself up after m/c and getting into positive frame of mind but bloody hell there's only so much a person can take and the constant disappointments are starting to take their toll:hissy::hissy:

Sorry for rant...

MarsM..couldn't agree more..the road does not get ANY easier. IVF was mentioned to me today too as being very likely but I am choosing to ignore that at the moment!!

Fitzy - I'm so sorry hon, I know how disappointing it is to not be progressing as well as you'd hoped after the build up. Maybe your hormones are still a bit wonky after your loss so that they are just making you react slightly differently to the meds this time? I really hope you get some better news on Friday *hugs*

this is the toughest thing personally I have ever had to do and I get so frustrated that there isn't anything I can do about my infertility! We just have to keep hoping and plodding on and know that somehow it will come to a good end.

I did think that too MarsM...my body is in a different place than it was before mis so could take more to kick it into compliance mode!!! Your trigger was very early on that IUI cycle...any reason they couldn't have given the follies a few more days growth?? Am sure you've asked that but I'd be interested in their reasoning!!

Hi Weewendyg,

I haven't suffered any side effects from the trigger, although do have slight cramps every now and again. Not sure if this is a good thing or not. How about you? I haven't had to take Progesterone, just Clomid and Gonal F Injections, then the trigger and then nothing after the IUI. Keep me updated with your news, fingers crossed and lots of babydust to you!!

x

Hi Vicks!
Thanks for responding! I'm having horrible bloating, extremely sore/tender breasts, fatigue and the odd cramp the last few days (lets hope it's implantation cramping). You're probably not experiencing all the symptoms I am because you are not taking Progesterone.

Keep me posted on how you make out!!! :flower:

Wendy

So sorry it didn't work out, MarsMaiden :hugs:. I agree that you should follow up with your hospital about why they did what they did last cycle. Sending you lots of :dust: for this cycle, hun! Have you started your shots again?

Aww, Fitzy. Sorry your body has been slow to respond. I'm sure it's still trying to recover. When are you supposed to trigger? Your follies could grow some more before that time. Good luck hun!

I'm pretty much certain I'll be going the IVF route. I guess I'm just a little too impatient for IUI :shrug:. Seeing another FS that was recommended to me tomorrow, so I can make up my mind between them and the previous one I saw a month ago. Praying and hoping we can afford to start in October.

Thanks Isi...I'm not doing IUI but timed BD'ing(TSI) with the shots so thankfully don't have a set day that have to trigger on. I'm in to FS again tomorrow to see how follies responded to three days of 112.5iu. That will still only be day 12 so if no response would imagine I'll be pushed to 150iu for the weekend and in again on day 15(Mon) for trigger all going well:shrug: That's just my own treatment plan...clearly he could have something different mapped out for me:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->