Instead Cups ready for round 2! Baby making is on!

Good luck Garnet :dust:

I'm just wondering - are instead cups the same as mooncups? i.e. the things you use for menstruation? I bought one about two years ago but looked at the size of that baby and was too squeamish to use it, lol. It's still gathering dust on my bathroom shelf, but if it's useful for ttc I might consider putting it to good use.

Hi Suki

They are not quite the same. I agree with you about being horrified about the size and sturdiness of a Mooncup, but I persevered and now use it for af all the time, would never go back to tampons. I tried the mooncup for ttc purposes a couple of months back after reading good things about the softcup and figuring they must do the same job! Then, I read a thread that said this is not the case, mooncup sits much lower, and softcup closer to the cervix, so I ordered softcups too for ttc (we will have no money left soon with all the things I 'invest' in!) Once I saw/felt them I can see why they are different, soft cup looks almost as scary at first sight (!!!) but is actually much softer (doh, as the name implies) and more pliable. Much easier to get in and no leakage issues. In fact, if they were reusable I would swap to them for af, but environmentally think they are probably as bad as tampons, so will stick with mooncup...I digress. Scariest moment for me was getting it out as they are so good at creating a seal you really DO have to hook your finger around the rim to get it out! Sorry for TMI. On the plus side, there's no leakage of sperm which I always hated now I'm supposed to lie still for half an hour instead of dashing to the bathroom! I agree with Garnet that they must definitely help with ttc so I will carry on. Hope this helps!

Are you leaving them in overnight? We BD then leave them in overnight. We also do it 4 days in a row before Ovulation and sometimes day after ovulation. Hope you keep trying. Good luck....:flower:[/QUOTE]

Hi Garnet

Yes, leaving them in overnight, will definitely keep going as I am sure they must help, they certainly can't do any harm, can they? My son was also born when I was 40. And I will definitely keep going, because I could not contemplate stepping off the ttc wagon, I often wonder what I used to spend all day thinking about! I love being an older Mummy and wouldn't change the timing for the world, if only it wasn't so dam difficult to replicate at the age of 43! I truly felt young and and as though I was defying the odds until my last mc (the other 2 were before my DS was born) but I sense a change in my attitude since then, I feel weary and a bit old, perhaps it's just the sadness dragging me down a bit. Wish you well and hope the softcups work again really soon x

Good luck all! I used soft cups last cycle and thought they were brilliant, here's hoping they do the trick for us all this month :)

Are you leaving them in overnight? We BD then leave them in overnight. We also do it 4 days in a row before Ovulation and sometimes day after ovulation. Hope you keep trying. Good luck....:flower:

Hi Garnet

Yes, leaving them in overnight, will definitely keep going as I am sure they must help, they certainly can't do any harm, can they? My son was also born when I was 40. And I will definitely keep going, because I could not contemplate stepping off the ttc wagon, I often wonder what I used to spend all day thinking about! I love being an older Mummy and wouldn't change the timing for the world, if only it wasn't so dam difficult to replicate at the age of 43! I truly felt young and and as though I was defying the odds until my last mc (the other 2 were before my DS was born) but I sense a change in my attitude since then, I feel weary and a bit old, perhaps it's just the sadness dragging me down a bit. Wish you well and hope the softcups work again really soon x[/QUOTE]

Spoomie, know how you feeling about being drag down. After last MC I was kinda down and out and looked at myself in the mirror and thought geesh maybe I'm too old for this. TMI (All the gray hair downstairs isn't helping either). I have no gray upstairs so it is kinda a shock! Hopefully Instead cups will help...l

Spoomie, know how you feeling about being drag down. After last MC I was kinda down and out and looked at myself in the mirror and thought geesh maybe I'm too old for this. TMI (All the gray hair downstairs isn't helping either). I have no gray upstairs so it is kinda a shock! Hopefully Instead cups will help...l

:haha::haha: I found one the other day too and couldn't help but wonder how that had happened, I imagined it happened at about 75!!!! I have always been physically fit as I am a marathon runner; I ran until I was 7 months pregnant and was marathon fit again 8 months after DS was born by C-section. However, with my last pregnancy I decided not to run throughout and was so glad I didn't, I would never have known if that had contributed to the mc and that would've made things even more difficult to bear. Since the mc I have not really felt inclined to train but am thinking of calling my coach and asking for his help to get back to fitness because I know that would help me to feel better - and it would help my body to look younger too!!! Win, win!

Instead cups may just do the trick and make us all feel young again :thumbup:

Hi ladies,just wanted to say good luck :flower: Also thank you as i learn something new every day! soft cups? i had to read all pages to get what they do :haha: Im 7dpo and if im not successful this time ,i may invest in some of these magic cups :haha: :thumbup:

Hi ladies,just wanted to say good luck :flower: Also thank you as i learn something new every day! soft cups? i had to read all pages to get what they do :haha: Im 7dpo and im not successful this time ,i may invest in some of these magic cups :haha: :thumbup:

Good luck! I got pregnant the first time I used them... 12-14 dollars for 10 or so of them is so bad on the wallet...Good luck!:flower:

Good luck Garnet, hope you catch that egg.

AFM I don't fancy those Instead cups, it's a bit too icky for me, plus my OH is allergic to latex I don't want him getting a rash on that part whilst TTC!

I'm not positive but I don't think they're latex..there's nothing on the box about latex in them and it does say they're hypoallergenic. There's nothing in the warnings either and usually latex comes with a warning..maybe call the company?:thumbup:

Good luck Garnet, hope you catch that egg.

AFM I don't fancy those Instead cups, it's a bit too icky for me, plus my OH is allergic to latex I don't want him getting a rash on that part whilst TTC!

I'm not positive but I don't think they're latex..there's nothing on the box about latex in them and it does say they're hypoallergenic. There's nothing in the warnings either and usually latex comes with a warning..maybe call the company?:thumbup:

Hmm good to know!

Well we used it last night and it was a lot easier than the first time. It kinda felt uncomfortable last time but I had no problems last night....

We used 1 with Preseed last night. I practiced yesterday afternoon so I could get right down to business putting it in after :sex: I'm excited about the possibilities...but my DH thinks I'm nuts....

We used 1 with Preseed last night. I practiced yesterday afternoon so I could get right down to business putting it in after :sex: I'm excited about the possibilities...but my DH thinks I'm nuts....

They all think we're nuts, and I don't even tell mine half the stuff I do!!!

They all think we're nuts, and I don't even tell mine half the stuff I do!!!

Sometimes it is easier not telling them. Just look sexy and give me sperm man!!!:dance:

Good luck!!! I got pregnant first time using them...

I just used my 10th and last.....probably won't buy more...sometimes they get way up there and i have to ask my hubby to fish it out....once HE couldn't reach it....and it hurt so much when he finally got it out that I punched him in the arm.....HARD....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->