• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Intense intervention

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my DD has global development delay and poss learning difficulties, she goes to a child development centre 2 days a week. Last week one of the teachers pulled me to one side and said they were going to start doing this with my DD. 3 questions , 1 has anyone else had this if so how successful was it, 2 what can I do at home to help her and 3 does this mean she has learning difficulties cause on Google it says its given to children with learning difficulties or autisum.
She doesn't talk alot, gets very distracted, often seems like she's in a world of her own and although she loves being around children and will play along side them she will not interact with them. She is one of the most loving little girl you could meet, she is always smiling and happy and loves cuddles and kisses, she is so quiet and never naughty. I was heart broken when the teacher told me that she thinks she'll have problems learning at school. Nobody has told us anymore, we know she's globally delayed but that's all. I suspect she has learning difficulties but nobody has told us for definite. She's 3yrs 8 mths by the way

Also I can't get the thought out of my head that all my DD problems are my fault! I'm over weight and while I was pregnant a midwife/hv (can't remember which now) told me I was going to be a bad mum cause of my weight, i have remembered that comment everyday for the past 4yrs and I can't help thinking its my fault she's delayed or has learning difficulties. Every time I look at her I keep thinking that it's all my fault :cry:

Also I can't get the thought out of my head that all my DD problems are my fault! I'm over weight and while I was pregnant a midwife/hv (can't remember which now) told me I was going to be a bad mum cause of my weight, i have remembered that comment everyday for the past 4yrs and I can't help thinking its my fault she's delayed or has learning difficulties. Every time I look at her I keep thinking that it's all my fault :cry:

NO. What a ridiculous, cruel comment for a professional (or anyone!) to make. No, these are things that happen to anyone, in any circumstance. It is not your fault. :hugs:

Your LO sounds like a sweetheart! She sounds happy, secure and has a mum that loves her. She is doing well! :)

I'm not sure what intense intervention means, have they given you any details on this at all? Do you have any meetings etc to give you more information lined up? :flower:

Yeah they have, the child development centre have been great, I can call them night and day if I have probs, the lady incharge her son is autistic so she knows alot about what it feels like to be a parent facing challenges. I was just really seeing if there was anyone out there who have experienced this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->