Irregular Cycle Sisters

:happydance: for your CH's lindsey :thumbup: i think you are in with a chance girlie, you did your bd on very good days IMO

Tanz- I'm using the VIP trial at the mo, Not sure if I'll get the VIP bit but let me know what you go for.

As for the low temps, I am thinking it might be cause I am on Cambridge diet and so my metabolism has changed??? I know it has something to do with thyroid, so I might ask the dr about this tomorrow. Am sure my thyroid is ok though so no idea what else it could be other than the diet
But they're still pre-OV temps :cry:
Looks like the soy def didn't work for me.

Good luck Lindsey!

:hugs: chele, the soy hasnt worked for me yet either :dohh: maybe we both just have slow eggies :shrug:

Tanz- I'm using the VIP trial at the mo, Not sure if I'll get the VIP bit but let me know what you go for.!

chele, I'm loving the VIP membership, weird thing is when I bought the full years worth I went clicking around and was awarded 30 free days (can't remember why) - so now I have 390+ days with VIP!

I love the fact it tells me with AF is due and when the best time to test. Truthfully the website is one of the most hopeful, informative and helpful things regarding my stoopid irregular period.

i'm going to the doctors next week, I want my regular period back and I want the doc to prescribe me something good (that's if I'm not already pregnant)

Work stresses me out too much and for the past 4 months I've been passing off excuses for not going to the docs earlier, the main excuse being "I can't get the time off work" - well it's a new year and I've got a new slogan for myself.

"Screw work, find another stress-free job, get to the doctors, enjoy life"

Lindsey, I agree with dandy... looks like you BD'd on some very good days!! Definitely think you're in there with a chance hon!

Chele, you might need to up your dose of soy if you try it again on a new cycle. As for your temps... I have lower temps as well (96.5+) and I'm not entirely sure why, but my doctor checked my thyroid a couple months ago and it's fine. :shrug:

Dandy, I hope the soy makes you ov soon!!

Tanz, that sounds like an awesome slogan!! Good luck at the doctor hon.

Thanks Tanz for letting me know. I do like FF but I sometimes find it a little user unfriendly when you want to change something, I do think it could be made easier to use but I agree it's a fab tool.

Yeah wanting, I was thinking of increasing to 160 a day and see what happens then.

Dr this afternoon, I am going to mention my diet but ask they check my thyroid just in case as this mornings temp is still really low, loads lower than I used to average before.

Tanzibar~

Let me tell you from experience, work stress can screw with your cycles big time as well as any hormonal deficiencies. I learned that the hard way last year and had to go on leave to get my cycles back under control. I enjoyed the break from work as I was off all summer and I could have used the time to TTC but with my wacky cycles I could not get a handle on them.

Fast forward to today and my cycles are under control, hormonal issues seem to be regulated and I have shifted my work load to another person and I am on the hunt for that elusive egg. I think I tracked him around CD 16-17 of my cylces now so onward to the BFP!!:haha:

D~

:wave: can I join? my cycles have gone really crazy from 32 days up to 59 days.. I have tried soy and it only worked once out of the three months I have tried, tried it this month and I am on CD39 with no period in sight.. :(

Thanks for the support girls :D

Dyme_Diva40, I sit at wonder sometimes what happened between the months of June and September (last time I had consecutive cycles happened in June), in fact the day after passing my driving test AF showed up so I know it's not stress outside of work that could be the issue cause thats barely existent.

I do think work plays a part, it doesn't help that for about 6 months I've loathed the place. But I'm trying to keep positive, sometimes I don't think my hubby gets it, he tells me to ignore the horrible stuff but as a woman it's not in my nature so I end up really conflicted most of the time :S

I tried getting an appointment for the Doc's today but they were engaged for the good part of 2 hours!! (soo rubbish) so I missed out. I think I may need to change Doctors!

Good luck with tracking that elusive egg.

Welcome Damita, feel free to express your thoughts, we're all in this together after all!

Oh and as a side note - Victoria Beckham is pregnant, congrats and stuff but sooo unfair!

Total number of people announcing pregnancies in the past 7 days = 4 (soo not fair)

:wave: Damita!

Wow 2 hours and not got through, sounds worse than mine. Actually I changed when we moved 2 months ago and so far they've been really good. Hope you get an appointment soon.

So I had my appointment. I went in and basically said "I want another one of these and I'm not ovulating so want a referral to the fertility clinic for clomid"
And she asked no questions and we're on with it! I've got to get my CD2 bloods done of course so I'm on Provera next week to get me to have a bleed, she's not doing CD21 bloods as she thinks it's pointless, but I note on the referral form they need to be done so will see if I def don't have them done or not as I don't want to delay things. DH has to go for the semen analysis which he's not happy about but I've told him "tough tittys, I don't want a speculum up my floo, but I have to" - I need an up to date smear test and a chlamydia test too.

So the ball is rolling!!!! :happydance:

Oh also I never mentioned by low BBTs as I am pretty sure it's to do with my diet.

Chele - Yay for clomid (although I have no idea what it is personally, but maybe I should go guns a blazin on my trip to the medical centre)

Blood tests aren't the nicest of things, but like you said you don't want to delay things any further so keep us updated.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to medical appointments, I'm already worried that when I go and see them this week that they'll only tell me to wait until AF shows, like waiting nearly 70 days isn't already enough! - Is there anything you think I should demand they prescribe me to start off?

Oh, it'll be months before I get the Clomid. DH's semen analysis takes ages and ages to sort out for some stupid reason. Bleugh

It's so different in each country but I would go and see what they say perhaps. I first went after about 5 months TTC and despite them knowing I had PCOS and wonky cycles, he just told me to have sex more.
Nob!

Oh, it'll be months before I get the Clomid. DH's semen analysis takes ages and ages to sort out for some stupid reason. Bleugh

It's so different in each country but I would go and see what they say perhaps. I first went after about 5 months TTC and despite them knowing I had PCOS and wonky cycles, he just told me to have sex more.
Nob!

As if you want to hear that, like you weren't already trying that, aren't doctors meant to help and not take the mick?!

I'm going for my monthly shopping trip tomorrow, I will pick up some cranberry tea\and or juice. I'll see if there any evening primose there too because I heard that helps.

You mentioned you are on a diet, what sort of foods are you eating? do you have a pregnancy cook book?

DH is finally agreeing that I need to take herbs and any assistance with AF now. Even he, a man who loves to BD, is finding it quite a chore now. I feel so sorry for couples who spend years TTC, I really really hope we are not one of them. I hope no one on this forum has to spend years trying either.

Tanz, like chele said I think it's different depending on where you live. I'm in the US and I went as soon as we started TTC. My doctor did blood tests that day and diagnosed me with PCOS and prescribed Provera and Clomid at my next appointment a couple weeks later. I would go and mention Clomid; the worst they could do is say no and tell you that you have to wait.

Chele, glad that things are getting done! Hopefully that BFP is right around the corner!

Hope so wanting!!
I even did an HPT this morning just to check :rofl:

Tanz- I know, what an idiot. Yeah right, just fob me off when he knows medically I have a problem. Idiot. It's often common in the UK you have to wait 12 months so I think he was sticking to that. But I saw another dr after about day 80 of my 113 cycle and she was a lot more understanding

I'm on the Cambridge Diet, not sure if you've heard of it. I basically have meal replacements. It's a very low calorie diet, just 415 calories a day. But I've tried all sorts in the past and this was my last option before I considered surgery. My start BMI was 38 but it's now just below 31.

I live in the UK and when I went to the Dr's months ago she also said wait 12 months but I thought I wouldn't need to. She also advised to just have a lot of Sex, but I instantly remember thinking "how will that cure my cycle issue?" - I'll see what they say though.

I'm concerned there may be an issue because several years ago my sister was diagnosed with PCOS and with everything thats happened to me since June I feel I could have it too. I remember her writhing around on the bed in complete agony over it, she was in tears and had to be taken to hospital before they diagnosed her, poor thing.

I'm also wondering if maybe in June I could have miscarried as opposed to AF hence the reason for my body not having a monthly cycle ever since. It's super annoying not finding the reason behind missed periods. I don't know about you but I like to find answers to my questions, any question marks only make me want to hunt down the truth even more (if that makes sense).

Chele - you are very strong willed to get down to that BMI, no I've not heard of that diet sorry (it sounds very posh though), how long do you anticipate your temps to stay lowish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->