Is anyone else pregnant for the first time after IVF?

Know what you mean about worrying about whether you'll know if it's contractions or not Davecr. Weekend before last I worried that the period pain I had was contractions. It wasn't. This weekend's drama was acute indigestion coming on so quickly I thought that might be contractions! Well, I didn't expect my back muscles to hurt with indigestion, but they did. Hurrah for Gaviscon.

So exciting that it could be any time now for you and Caseys.

I booked in for a planned C-section on 20th March today. That would take the babies to 38 weeks 4 days, but there is a 60% chance of them coming before that anyway, so on one level I wonder why I bothered. I suppose it's a case of "come out in your own time guys, but if you're not out by then, we're coming in to get you!". So I guess it's carry on with the breathing exercises and perineal massage just in case!

Hope you all having a good day.

No baby yet so I'm back at work again today. I wish he would hurry up and come out, he's been beating up my insides!

Sorry Caseys, he isn't here yet. How far are you dilated? I was surprised to hear the doc say I was 1 cm already and then I remembered your situation. I hear you on the insides being beaten up. Ribs and pelvis aches, muscles are being pulled, bladder is getting beaten up....whew! Soon, soon, soon! Hang in there!

Wow!!!!! Caseys---I can't believe you actually went in to work today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 5 days to go you definitely deserve to take a break, but I do understand that our leave in the US is so cheap that you want to work up until the date...I wish you the best sweets because it is any time now!!!

Same for you davecr - I can't wait to see posts of your baby...I know you are excited!!!!! I certainly know I am excited and I still have over a month to go......

AFM - I did decide to start working from home last week....so far so good..I have a teleconference meeting tomorrow so we will see how that goes...It isn't bad working at home, the problem is trying not to goof off....But actually, it should not be so bad....but I believe that I am going to start my official 'leave' from work at 36 weeks (3 weeks from now) which is good because I am increasingly distracted...so the doctor says that is when I am entitled to go and the fact that I am having a C-section puts me out for longer time than I have 100% paid leave anyway, so the way I see it a few weeks extra of unpaid leave is gonna hurt, but it isn't going to kill me, so I am just going to be off from 36 weeks until the doc clears me to go back after the Csection whenever that will be....so a little more than half of my leave will be 100% paid and the rest will be paid but at some significant disability rate reduction. I considered working at home right up until the date, but I am not going to do that because sometimes deadlines mean I have to work on the weekends. I just thnk I want to have a couple weeks to just do whatever I need to do to say 'goodbye' to this life and make room for the new one...... I am only going to have my first baby once, so what else can I do.....

I didn't sleep at all last night....maybe 2 hours....don't know why.....too hot...too cold...too itchy, plus the wiggle worm was very wiggly last night.....I had taken a hot shower before but it got me about 1-2 hours of sleep only....oh well....gotta get used to that too!!! LOL!!!!

Good luck all!!!!! Can't wait for the delivery stories!!!!!

Lemon - Our C-sections are scheduled for the same day!!!!! We'll see if these little guys want to come out early or not!!!

Lemon - Our C-sections are scheduled for the same day!!!!! We'll see if these little guys want to come out early or not!!!

dmama and miss lemon - that is so cool that both of you are scheduled on the same day. Hope both of you make it and good luck!!! We'll all need to come back and post the baby pics. Can't wait to see them.

Its only wednesday and feels like time has just slowed down to a crawl. First the weeks were flying by but now every day I guess since I am waiting for labor to start any time now, the days seem to be very long even though I am still working too. Isn't that weird - LOL

Hope all of you have a good day.

Its only wednesday and feels like time has just slowed down to a crawl. First the weeks were flying by but now every day I guess since I am waiting for labor to start any time now, the days seem to be very long even though I am still working too. Isn't that weird -

Tell me about it!!! I am at work too but said to my coworkers when I walked in - I am here, I feel like crap, but I now have one more day to spend with my little man AFTER her arrives so there!

I am starting maternity leave on Friday even if he hasn't shown up yet, so part of my 6-day waiting period for Short Term Disability coverage falls over the weekend. If I make it to my weekly appointment on Monday my doc is going to schedule an induction for later on in the week.

Though I have more labor symtoms today, just waiting for the first real contraction to head home. So maybe he will come on his own, we'll see. We have a fire drill at work later on today, maybe it will scare him out of me?

Caseys - you're almost there - woohoo. what other labor symptoms do you have?

I just have the great pelvic pressure and i think she was going through a growth spurt yesterday because my stomach was tight all day. I have some lower back pain and lovely swollen cankles but nothing else. Haven't really felt any pain per say.

ooh - what signs are you getting?
At my antenatal class our midwife asked us what were the three signs of labour. My other half whispered to me "a frantic phone call from your Mrs saying I've gone into labour"! I'm glad he didn't share that with the class.

Caseys - are you hangin in there???!!!

I am so impatient, hate not knowing when labor is going to start!

I am so impatient, hate not knowing when labor is going to start!

Awwww.....I am so excited for you.....I know it has got to be maddening not knowing what or when it is going to happen....I feel like I am missing out in that aspect by having a scheduled C-section....Just keep distracted. The baby is gonna have the final say here and when it is time, you will know....Wishing you the best!!!! You got this, girl!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I just noticed...I am a honeydew today!!!!! Lovin' it!!!!

I am! (pregnant with my first after IVF that is!)
But I'm very newly pregnant - as you can see from my apple seed ... one day I will have a lovely melon like the rest of you :D

Hi ladies,

I think I lost my mucous plug today - big think! It was like a big glob snot-like and pinkish. I've had yellows snot-like discharge for last week and half but doc said that it was normal. Doc visit on Friday showed still 1cm dilated and no effacement. Same as last week. I've had some menus trail like cramping today and continued pressure in pelvic but nothing else. Oh the waiting game continues.

How are you doing Casey's?

Welcome urchin and congratulations!

Welcome Urchin and congrats on your apple seed! The start of an exciting journey for you.

Davecr - very exciting news about your mucus plug. (never thought I'd by typing that!) Baby is on it's way!!!

Dmama - I started doing an 'only 37 days to go' countdown to the c-section, but found that too scary! Sticking with my 'only 5 weeks to go'. Vague is good! I find the thought of the night before terrifying. Last night before life changes for ever. Don't know if that is worse than your not knowing Caseys!

Welcome Urchin!

Caseys - Hope all is well....I suspect the onset of labor? Can't wait to hear!

Davecr - sounds like mucous plug to me!!!! Have you felt the baby drop into the pelvis? Even then, there may be 2-3 weeks to go...Well, it seems that baby is getting ready....just the waiting game now....Is all set and ready?

Lemon - yes, i see what you mean too....either way, it is all anxiety provoking as we look forward to meeting these little dear ones!!!

AFM - had my first NST today and it was good. baby was active and so they had good results. i am going every week now and seems that there are only four visits to go before d-day....things are getting exciting. i decided to stop work at 36 weeks per doc's suggestion (actually she has been suggesting for months! ha ha). i will use my vacation time until c-section and then my 8 weeks of maternity post c-section. i can use sick time afterward, and/or take unpaid time off if i want to be out longer....i think it all works out in the end and the most important is being able to spend time enjoying these last few weeks and spending time with the new baby....i'll downsize on the spending if i have to.

Enjoy the homestretch ladies......and the begining of the first trimester for Urchin!

thanks for the welcome ladeez!
it's very nice to read how you're all doing at the other end of this journey - and looking at all your lovely melons!

Today, I have become a pea! and am ridiculously happy about that :dance:

A pea is exciting!
I've not got one of those counters so I just looked up on my scan notes that the estimated weight of my twins from the measurements they take are 4.3lb and 4.6lb. That's 8.9lb of baby to lug around. And 5 weeks still go to! Gosh

Hi ladies,

dmama - yes baby has dropped. she is putting lots of pressure in my pelvis for sure. Hurts to walk sometimes especially if I have a full bladder. Felt some nice tightening of the tummy yesterday - braxton because they happens three times yesterday afternoon and then nothing. They weren't painful but just made you kind of stop and breath deep. All is ready and set for this little girl. We went and got the car seat inspected by the state trooper and he was really nice and gave us lots of good advice. Hubby is so done with all the projects to prepare for this baby that he is now finding other projects to do LOL. He put in hardware on kitchen cabinets over the weekend so they can all be child locked later. If this baby doesn't come soon, we'll have a new roof on the house and we don't even need it LOL

Oh and congrats and no work after 36 weeks. woohoo for putting your feet up and taking it easy.

Urchin - congrats on becoming pea size. I remember those first few days of incredible joy and disbelief that it has finally happened after all the trials and tribulations. Congrats!!! Wishing you a smooth journey. Are you having one or two babies?

miss lemon - I can't even imagine you guys carrying two babies. I am so huge right now with the one and she was already measuring 6 lb 13oz two weeks ago. So if she's gaining about 1/2 lb a week then I am close to 8lb baby already - Yikes. My back definitely feels the weight :)

Have a good day ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->