Is anyone else pregnant for the first time after IVF?

Hello ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. Davecr and Dmama it sounds like your babies are doing wonderfully. It must be so hard to go back to work. The maternity leave here does suck. I work for an airline and it's even worse.

Well I had my first ultrasound today and found out that I'm having twins. It has just started to sink in that I'm pregnant, now I have to get use to the fact that there are 2 babies in there. LOL I'm not going to lie, I'm in a bit of shock but very happy. The heartbeat was 120bpm for both babies and everything is looking good. I have another scan on Thursday and if everything looks good she is going to turn me back over to my regular ob/gyn. The only bad thing is that it seems like I have caught a cold so I'm going to spend my weekend taking it easy and trying to get rid of this cold. Hope everyone else is doing well and gearing up to have a great weekend.

Congratulation Buster! How very exciting on the twins news. Yes I bet it is shocking to hear there are two in there when you are just barely getting used to the idea that you're pg at all. How wonderful though. Big Hugs!

Thanks so much Davecr. It's real exciting news unfortunately I haven't had much time to enjoy it as this cold has been really bad over the past couple of days. It seems like it is a little better today, but feels like I have a long way to go to get back to normal.

Hello ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. Davecr and Dmama it sounds like your babies are doing wonderfully. It must be so hard to go back to work. The maternity leave here does suck. I work for an airline and it's even worse.

Well I had my first ultrasound today and found out that I'm having twins. It has just started to sink in that I'm pregnant, now I have to get use to the fact that there are 2 babies in there. LOL I'm not going to lie, I'm in a bit of shock but very happy. The heartbeat was 120bpm for both babies and everything is looking good. I have another scan on Thursday and if everything looks good she is going to turn me back over to my regular ob/gyn. The only bad thing is that it seems like I have caught a cold so I'm going to spend my weekend taking it easy and trying to get rid of this cold. Hope everyone else is doing well and gearing up to have a great weekend.

That is great news! Two for the price of one!!!!! Hey, you may even get to have a Christmas surprise since sometimes twins come early!!!! Fantastic news and I hope you get over that cold soon....I had a nasty cold when I was in my 7th month and it was miserable...Just think about it like you are going to be sharing those antibodies with your wee ones!

Everything is going well here...2 weeks left of my maternity leave---Damn!:cry: But I will buck up and deal with it...the baby is great and I need to be thankful....

Good luck to everyone. I am 39 weeks after IVF. We tried for 2 years naturally using natural therapies which didn't work and then 9 months on IVF. I found acupuncture and my naturopath really helped. I have had acupuncture throughout my pregnancy and Have had a great pregnancy with very little aches and pains or morning sickness. My lo will be joining us this weekend and we are very excited to have him / her here.

IVF is a real journey and one that a lot of people don't understand. Through yoga and antenatal classes I have met a lot of people who have been through it as well. Look after yourself.

Good luck to everyone. I am 39 weeks after IVF. We tried for 2 years naturally using natural therapies which didn't work and then 9 months on IVF. I found acupuncture and my naturopath really helped. I have had acupuncture throughout my pregnancy and Have had a great pregnancy with very little aches and pains or morning sickness. My lo will be joining us this weekend and we are very excited to have him / her here.

IVF is a real journey and one that a lot of people don't understand. Through yoga and antenatal classes I have met a lot of people who have been through it as well. Look after yourself.

Thanks for sharing your story and good luck this weekend and Congratulations!

Hope you have an amazing and safe delivery....enjoy it!!! Please come back and let us know about it all!!!!

Wishing you a safe and smooth delivery! IVF is an amazing and 'not for the faint of heart' journey. We are all so blessed to have gotten through with success. I know many women who have tired multiple times without successful and the emotional and physical roll coaster ride is enough for anyone in one lifetime.

Are you having boy or girl or both? Please post pictures afterwards.

Here is a pic of my little girl. She is only waking up once during the night now so I am very thankful for that. Back at work though and dealing with lots of organizational changes. My boss is no longer here (seems like they were just waiting for me to come back) and so now I have all of her duties. So much for easing back into work!

Hope the rest of you are having a good day.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_4.jpg
    imagejpeg_4.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3
Here is a pic of my little girl. She is only waking up once during the night now so I am very thankful for that. Back at work though and dealing with lots of organizational changes. My boss is no longer here (seems like they were just waiting for me to come back) and so now I have all of her duties. So much for easing back into work!

Hope the rest of you are having a good day.

What a cutie...nice head of hair!!!!
I've got to get a new picture of my baby girl up next....

Enjoy the long weekend everyone!!!!!!

Thanks Ladies! Yes she was born with full head of hair and two dimples (one on each cheek). We figured see got one from each of us as both hubby and I have one. :)

Hubby has been doing great with her at home. She now smiles back when you smile at her and she had her first flight over the long holiday weekend. You're going to love this story of her first flight. She did great going to Florida but coming back she pooped and diaper leaked onto my white pants (yes I know what the heck was I thinking wearing white) right before takeoff. Flight attendant let me get up to change her but she told me the flight couldn't take off until I got back into my seat. No pressure there - fastest diaper change ever as people glared at me for getting up right before take off. She then got some kind of bug because she wailed and wailed at the airport after landing. People probably thought I was torturing her. Nothing would sooth her and then she went home and had diaherra the rest of the afternoon so I figure she was having a stomach ache which caused her to cry so hard. My poor baby!

So note to self - don't ever wear white when traveling with a baby LOL

Davecr your little girl is so cute. All that hair and those cheeks. You just want to squeeze them. You're a very lucky Mama.

Ahhhhh....

Back to work today ladies...wasn't fun leaving the wee one behind at day care, but was my mood picked up when I left the office early to go get her! Ha!

How is everyone?

Yes back to work sucks! I just went to lunch with hubby and baby and I soooo did not want to come back. Who wants to leave her smiling baby and go back into the office!

I will say that the whole day's stress is relieved when I get home and see her. Its amazing!

How is it going for you pg ladies?

Hi Ladies,
Hope you all are doing well. I've had a tough week this week. I'm 9 weeks with the twins and I had extreme fatigue and some MS. So much so that I had to call out of work. I hate doing that as I know I don't have much time til my doctors take me out of work for good so I want to make my time in count. Oh well I guess this goes along with the whole pregnancy thing. As long as these babies are healthy I'm ok with it.

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't posted for ages. I've been away on holiday with hubby. Just thought I'd pop on to update you with my sad news. On Wednesday I went in for my NT scan at 11 weeks and there was no heartbeat and baby was only measuring at 10 weeks. I had a D&C on Saturday night as my RE wanted to do tests in case whatever went wrong is something treatable for next time.

Obviously hubby & I are devastated, especially as we were getting so close to that first trimester milestone, but we're looking to the future and the next round of IVF... though secretly I'm terrified it's not going to work thanks to being a low responder. But we'll never know if we don't try.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be back here in the not too distant future.

:sadangel:

Manuiti - So sorry to hear the sad news of your loss. Glad to hear you guys are going for another round. Good Luck and praying you get there soon.

Buster - sorry to hear about the fatigue but it does get better in the 2nd trimeseter. Get lots of rest and don't worry about having to be away from work. Like you said - anything for your little babies.

dmama - how is adjusting to work and baby schedule going? I feel like I am still adjusting. lol where is the pic of your little one?

Caseys - how are you doing?

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't posted for ages. I've been away on holiday with hubby. Just thought I'd pop on to update you with my sad news. On Wednesday I went in for my NT scan at 11 weeks and there was no heartbeat and baby was only measuring at 10 weeks. I had a D&C on Saturday night as my RE wanted to do tests in case whatever went wrong is something treatable for next time.

Obviously hubby & I are devastated, especially as we were getting so close to that first trimester milestone, but we're looking to the future and the next round of IVF... though secretly I'm terrified it's not going to work thanks to being a low responder. But we'll never know if we don't try.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be back here in the not too distant future.

:sadangel:

Manuiti _ I am so sorry for this loss. I can only imagine the sense of sadness. I do pray you and DH will be able to achieve your dream. Did you have any embies frozen? My best to you!:hugs:

Manuiti - So sorry to hear the sad news of your loss. Glad to hear you guys are going for another round. Good Luck and praying you get there soon.

Buster - sorry to hear about the fatigue but it does get better in the 2nd trimeseter. Get lots of rest and don't worry about having to be away from work. Like you said - anything for your little babies.

dmama - how is adjusting to work and baby schedule going? I feel like I am still adjusting. lol where is the pic of your little one?

Caseys - how are you doing?

How is everyone?

Lemon - How are the twins!

Caseys- yes, how are you?

Davecr - sorry you are going back to work too...such a sad state we have when we have to leave our babies....Yes the work thing is for the birds indeed, but we have to do what we have to do....I love picking her up though, but seems she is so tired when we come home and it gets close to her winding down time that I don't feel like I spend too much time with her on the work week.... Here is a pic of my sunshine....

Take care everyone!

Attachments

• IMG-20120518-00629.jpg
    IMG-20120518-00629.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
Manuiti I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words. I'm glad you and dh are moving forward and looking to try again. Wishing you guys all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->