Is anyone obese and pregnant?

i started at 14.5 stone, 5ft5, 33wks now and have got a bump, but still some flab! I haven't got any recent pics but this was taken at around 22wks and IMO you can't tell i'm pregnant, just fat =( lol x

https://i33.tinypic.com/3fr02.jpg

Iv got BMI of 35 when i was around 9 weeks, cant miss my bump, see in my picture lol!

Hi hun, im 5ft 8 and was about 19stone pre pregnancy ive put on about 18lbs so far and unfortunately I dont think I look pregnant as its my top belly as I call t thats got bigger not the bit under belly button so still look like just have huge muffin top!!! I had t0 have glucose test but that was fine and have growth scan at 32 wks but thats due to stillbirth previous not due to my weight. I do feel crap when go in baby shops etc and nobody knows im pregnant but I just spend all my time telling everyone!!! Good luck with your journey xx.

It's nice to know that there are others on here that are "obese" (ugh I hate that word) and pregnant and succesfully gotten pregnant and had a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. I'm not pregnant just yet but this is always something I worry about; either getting pregnant because I'm overweight, having a healthy succesful pregnancy and having a healthy baby when born.

I'm currently 5ft8in and weigh around 300lbs possibly more than 300lbs as I've not been weighed in quite some time because I'm embarrased about my weight. I don't look as much as I weigh because I'm quite tall.

But I really hope to get pregnant soon (if there is no complications with me for being overweight) I've noticed some people when overweight have really big babies and then have to have a C-Section because the babies are too big to give birth to? I hope that doesn't happen to me as when/if I can get pregnant I would want to have a normal birth.

im obese, my bmi is 40+ but i havent been offered any extra/different treatment or scans or anything because of this.

i dont think i looked pregnant at the start, only to people who knew i was pregnant. but now i do lol. i had rolls which have merged into 1 bump lol, stil wobbles a lil bit when baby kicks lol but its def a bump. dont worry, you are what you are, my pregnancy was a suprise too and have got over the fact that im big and pregnant, im sure you will look pregnant when u r.:hugs:

It's nice to know that there are others on here that are "obese" (Ugh I hate that word) and pregnant and succesfully gotten pregnant and had a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. I'm not pregnant just yet but this is always something I worry about; either getting pregnant because I'm overweight, having a healthy succesful pregnancy and having a healthy baby when born.

I'm currently 5ft8in and weigh around 300lbs possibly more than 300lbs as I've not been weighed in quite some time because I'm embarrased about my weight. I don't look as much as I weigh because I'm quite tall.

But I really hope to get pregnant soon (if there is no complications with me for being overweight) I've noticed some people when overweight have really big babies and then have to have a C-Section because the babies are too big to give birth to? I hope that doesn't happen to me as when/if I can get pregnant I would want to have a normal birth.

like said in last post, im obese but my baby is measuring perfect size so far so doesnt mean ul have big baby or anything x

ive got a bmi of 43 and was worried that it would cause problems but my mw doesnt seem worried, im classed as high risk due to my weight but my mw told me that thats more to do with incase i need a general anesthetic during labour, and that sometimes epidurals can be a bit more tricky to get in place first time with women who are very over weight. All in all though there were no major concerns which was a huge relief. I was a bit slimmer when i had my son 7 years ago, but still started out at a size 20 so wasnt slim but had no problems at all x

Hi, my BMI was 30 at 14 weeks pregnant, so they have classed me as being obese (even though I'm a 14-16 Uk sizes and 5'7"!!!!) however, in the weeks 15-20 I didn't put on any weight and infact lost a couple of pounds, you can def tell i'm pregnant!!!

ive got a bmi of 43 and was worried that it would cause problems but my mw doesnt seem worried, im classed as high risk due to my weight but my mw told me that thats more to do with incase i need a general anesthetic during labour, and that sometimes epidurals can be a bit more tricky to get in place first time with women who are very over weight. All in all though there were no major concerns which was a huge relief. I was a bit slimmer when i had my son 7 years ago, but still started out at a size 20 so wasnt slim but had no problems at all x

You live in the same town as me, never seen anyone local on here :thumbup:

My bmi is 45 and I started out as a size 22, I've only put on 8lb's upto now but I have had quite a few problems throughout with bp etc and bubz is measuring quite far ahead, but all in all things have been okay.

xx

I was about this weight just before I conceived, but thanks to morning sickness I lost about 20 lbs in the first trimester, but now with only 2 months to go, I am nearly back to where I started.

im considered obese. was 13st b4 preganancy, now 15 and a half at nearly 39 weeks. i have a very very noticeable bump!

I have a BMI of 35 (just did a calculator thing online lol ) and I have a big baby bump! I am now weighing in at 215lbs I believe (last time I was weighed) and I haven't had any problems with my ultrasounds etc... thank goodness :) I haven't been spoken to about my weight either, and don't need extra care due to weight, just my BP which was high last pregnancy as well :( I am having a scheduled c-section the 30th and haven't been told anything about needing to see the anesthesiologist due to my weight either:shrug:but I might, I have 2 more appts before the surgery.

I know a lot of women who were bigger when getting pregnant and still looked pregnant ;) I think it depends on your body, how you will carry the bubs etc...

I'm not obese but I was overweight and borderline obese when I got pregnant. My BMI was 29.8 as I still hadnt lost all my previous baby weight. I do look very pregnant and most people think I'm 9 months pregnant or they ask if I have twins! Grrrr! My obgyn keeps giving me dieting tips and exercising tips and telling me to slow down the weight gain...I tried but when you are pregnant the weight piles on so fast and I dont know from what as I dont eat more than usual. My DH said not to stress out anymore and just enjoy my pregnancy as the doctor is just doing her job. I also have a tendency to retain a lot of water when I'm pregnant.

My BMI is 39 and am hypothyroid. We got PG in the first month of trying thanks to charting and Metformin( taken for other issues as had a laparotomy and ovary + cyst removed in Feb, needed to give cycle a kick start, only took it for 5 weeks)
I was offered the GTT test because of BMI but then at the same times growth scans to check baby wasn't underweight because of the hypothyroid. baby is just right!
I'm 32+3 weeks now. Up until 25 weeks, I only gained 2lb, now I'm up to 13lb but that could be everything catching up and I havent been working for the past 5 weeks.

I had a B shape bump probably up to week 23 then it started turning into a lovely D shape bump. I love having a bump now because I no longer look fat, I'm definitely pregnant. I love wearing tops that 'fit' over my bump and show it off rather than pre PG trying to hide my belly. And the best thing is, I think the bump makes my legs look thinner LOL

My bump pics (hope link works)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30883905&l=29438d8e47&id=1076886567

I'm sure all you lovely ladies TTC will get there very soon. 2010 is going to be a good year for all. Wishing you all lots of baby dust! xxxx

i couldnt tell you what i weighed before, or my bmi but i was wearing size 20 clothes and im only 5'2" and have PCOS

i have a huge bump now, no mistaking it at all, but i never put on anything until around 21 weeks, thats when i had to loosen my trousers when i sat down and then move into maternity

in case you haven't seen it, please check out the 'plus sie bump pics' in the 2nd tri forum. There as sooo many wonderful photos of bigger girls and their bumps! you'll soon see that regardless of sie pre pregnancy, sooner or later those baby bumps become very apparent!

Hiya I am classed as clinically obese and have a BMI of 42. But even when i was a size 12 i was 11 stone!
I Look very pregnant and am due in 11 days!
I fell the first try well the first weekend of trying and was very surprised.

I beoieve as long as your a good mum you can be whatever size you are happy with!

heres me on my honeymoon back in august when i was 22 weeks. and also in the black dress with my husband last weekend.
xxx

Attachments

• P1010285.jpg
    P1010285.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 180
  • me 9 months pregnant.jpg
    me 9 months pregnant.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 182
I'm Obese and pregnant and you can defiantly see my bump..even though I kinda had a "bump" before I was pregnant..now it's alot higher and the bump is more round and standing out..so you'll be able to tell
https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev050pbs__.png

Hi i am too :( and altho the mw is lovely she did make a big deal of it in the beginning, but in a discreet way.

My bump is perfect round the top, but flabby at the bottom. but i have had 2 kids b4.

The only time i have really felt bad is the last few late scans ive had, the woman wrote bad scan due to maternal somrethin or other. in other words mums fat belly.

ideally id have lost the weight, so if u can id recommend it as it is embarassing when the mw takes forever to find LO's heartbeat and ur thinking its cause ur fat. plus when i go to day bed every week, its in a 4 bed room, and they pop u on the monitor and when there are other men n women there they dont cover ur belly and i feel very self consious, as im sure i will in the birth too. i only ever show oh top of belly this pregnancy too, i hate it to be honest

Hi everyone....

I find the posts on this forum very reassuring.

I am 29 years old, am 27 weeks pregnant with my first child, have a BMI of 45...... I have found this to be a miracle and thought it would never happen.!!

I have cried most of my tears through this pregnancy about my weight and the fear of what complications i am likely to face because of this!!

I am reviewed under consultants monthly because of my thyroid problem for which i take levothyroxine daily.

I do find blood tests difficult ( partly fear and partly due to my veins being deep set) and still have not had a successful blood test taken!! Hopefully this will be resolved on Friday....

I am frightened about this and hope that i can get throuugh this and begin to enjoy the pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->