Is anyone obese and pregnant?

I had a bmi on 35 when i got pregnant. So was classed as high risk. So im consultant lead care. Which i find a joke really as i saw her at 12 weeks and will see her again at 34 weeks. So not much care. I had the GD test and passed. I soehow managed to lose weight this pregnancy. I currently weight 6 pounds less than at 12 weeks. People started noticing at 23 weeks, but they aready new. I must look a little pregnant as people do give up there seats and let me push in front in the toilet line lol.

Can i ask you a question. How many weeks are you and how much movement do you feel and how strong is it?

Hi everyone....

I find the posts on this forum very reassuring.

I am 29 years old, am 27 weeks pregnant with my first child, have a BMI of 45...... I have found this to be a miracle and thought it would never happen.!!

I have cried most of my tears through this pregnancy about my weight and the fear of what complications i am likely to face because of this!!

I am reviewed under consultants monthly because of my thyroid problem for which i take levothyroxine daily.

I do find blood tests difficult ( partly fear and partly due to my veins being deep set) and still have not had a successful blood test taken!! Hopefully this will be resolved on Friday....

I am frightened about this and hope that i can get throuugh this and begin to enjoy the pregnancy!

Aww don't cry hun!
I am in the same boat as you. I am hypothyroid and have to go to the vampires at local hospital to get my blood taken as the nurse at GP surgery can't get it. What I have found helps, is to drink lots of fluid the night before, and in the morning - makes the veins more juicy LOL.
If anything, I have loved being pregnant and showing off my bump. Everyone says I look better being PG. hubby prefers it when my tops hug my bump, he likes to see my bump and for me to look PG. I wore a big knitted poncho yesterday and he hated it! (Iposted a link to pics earlier in this thread)
My throid levels have stayed level throughout PG and have had them checked at the start of every trimester. Are yours all over the place?
I have shared care with a consultant and MW. I havent been told of any complications I face apart from me bringing up an issue with epidurals from when I had one previously but that was low BP related. I've also been given the ok as long as nothing changes to have a water birth. My BMI pre PG was 39 so would be much higher now. Do you think your consultant is just giving you a hard time?
Don't fret too much. A happy mummy has a happy baby! Just think once baby is here you'll be nice and busy and burning off all the baby weight.
Hope all goes well for you -x-

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I hope everyone doesnt mind me posting since i am not in my third trimester.

I have just found out i am pregnant. It was a total surprise as we weren't trying and in our 10 year relationship have been so careful. I am 19 stone so a very big girl. I have a number of health problem including arthritis. I have been on steroids for the past year and have piled on the weight. I was big before so I really didn't need the extra weight.

To be honest i am absolutely terrified that i am going to hurt my baby because i am overweight. I am also scared of a difficult pregnancy.

I know people can be so predjudiced towards big people, let alone people who are big and pregnant.

I have just found out I am pregnant, (scan on Friday!) and have a BMI of 39. I gained around 6.5 stone when I was pregnant with my little boy, (now age 2), and was 22.5 stone when I gave birth. Although I lost all of the weight when I was breast feeding i didn't manage to keep it off when I stopped as I continued to eat at the same rate! I am feeling an awful lot of bubbles in my belly at the moment so the general concensus is that I am a lot further on than I origninally thought. Is there anyone here based in Peterborough?? I would like to know if anyone has any comments on the Consultant care that has been advised. I was consuiltant led last time, but never met him and wonder if things have changed?

Hey everyone! I just registered today and I'm so happy to find other women in the same boat as me.

So I'm only 4'11 and have a BMI of 40. I already look full term, but I'm only 5 weeks pregnant.

This is my second baby, I was much smaller during my first. Basically what I weigh now is what I weighed when I delivered my first :cry:

I had gestational diabetes with my first, so I know I will have to go through that again. But being much larger this time around, I'm so scared something more serious will go wrong. I love this little baby so much already and I can't stand the idea of anything bad happening to him/her.

Is anyone else feeling like this?

Im absolutely huge!!! I had bmi of 39 when i was 12 weeks pregnant and now i dont even want to know. Im often asked am i having twins ect but i havent found my weigh has had an impact on the pregnancy. I do have gd and have in all pregnancies. I cant wait to have lil one coz when i look back to how i was i look sooo thin compared to now :rofl:

well just like to say thank u to u all i am to obese and it has made me feel better that there are other ppl that are obese and pregnant, i have just 7 weeks to go then i best start thinking about loosing the weight, good luck to u all xxx :happydance:

Sorry if I am off topic but does anyone know of a forum specifically for obese pregnant women? I am obese and expecting number 4. I have never breast fed before but I would like to give it a try this time around. Have any of you moms ever lost a lot of weight due to breast feeding?

Hi hun, i was pre pregnancy 18 stones which is 114 kg or 252lbs. And at 5ft 2 inches i am pretty short.
The piccie is my 28 weeks bump. i was worried that i wouldnt look pregnant too, but low and behold i do!
Then again i have lost 2 stones since i fell pregnant as i had really bad morning sickness, and i have no appetite still

dont worry hun, have fun ttc!:hugs: All the best
~S~

Attachments

• 19454_105431822809640_100000284677373_139387_6546184_n.jpg
    19454_105431822809640_100000284677373_139387_6546184_n.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 61
Sorry if I am off topic but does anyone know of a forum specifically for obese pregnant women? I am obese and expecting number 4. I have never breast fed before but I would like to give it a try this time around. Have any of you moms ever lost a lot of weight due to breast feeding?

Yes, I use a very very good forum called Babycentre. It has groups with forums within it, and I am a member of the pregnant, plus sized and beyond forum. I find it brilliant but it is not busy as bnb for obvious reasons as bnb is not specific to one area of pregnancy.

Here I am!!!!!! Huge I know!...but I only gained 3 lbs...its all belly!..or thats what i like to tell myself! I actually had no trouble TTC..it wasnt planned but welcomed all the same! Im 28 weeks on this pic

View attachment 62628

Ladies, your bumps look great! :thumbup:

I had a bmi of 47 at my booking in appointment (and had already lost half a stone since falling pregnant), I then lost another stone during the second trimester...don't really know why, as I wasn't sick, and I still ate fairly normally...

...anyway, I had an uneventful pregnancy until week 34 when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and then had dodgy liver fuction test results...these didn't really affect me or bubs...just meant we were monitored closely and then induced at 37 +3.

Baby Oliver is perfect and doing really well. I've been breast feeding for almost 9 weeks now, and have lost another stone and a half so far. :happydance:

Good luck to all you ladies...don't let anyone make you feel bad about your size...mummies come in all shapes and sizes!

This is me a few days before Oliver was born...

https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/anlors/Ruckysrooms002.jpg

https://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/anlors/Ruckysrooms003.jpg

I'm 5ft 4lbs and when I got pregnant I was at least 230lbs (my scales don't do stones... lol) since I got pregnant I'm down to 200lbs and I finally have my bump. It appeared at around 30 weeks pregnant, before that you could feel it and if I lay on my back and allowed the flab to fall to the sides you could see it.
I'm gaining weight again now and although it's depressing I know that the baby needs it so am happy to do it for now.

I was big before pregnant and ended up huge while pregnant but since having him im already back in my pre pregnancy jeans and they are slightly too big!!!! :happydance:

Im amazed at how quick my belly went... i actually look in the mirror now and see more of a figure!! :)

I dont care what people think everyone deserves to be a mummy and who cares what size you are as long as you and baby are healthy!!

I, am "morbidly obese" as told by my consulant. I am 6ft tall and weigh 16 stone. My bmi is like 32 which I thought was just normal obese, but they like to make you feel like you're taking too much oxygen!
This was me pre-pregnancy. To me, I don't look huge. But my consultant tells me that I am causing my baby to be big, and I will cause her many complications during birth

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f31/xpatchx/n615112022_1257029_3479.jpg

My weight has never been a problem, my GTT came back clear, I am not gaining any weight throughout my pregnancy, but she still likes to let me know I suck.
Goes to show they just like to rub it in our faces, even if there isn't a problem at all.

Ohhh and this is me at about 29 weeks

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f31/xpatchx/21853_252601772022_615112022_370825.jpg

You don't look big!! That's what annoys me so much with GPs and obese etc.

Patch you don't look obese in the slightest!
I think the government might be making this all up anyway... bmi doesn't even work if your a man, athletic & you tend to get a larger bmi if your taller becuase its based on area not volume (which of course expand at different rates for each inch upward)... (thats why all those supermodels are apparently still 'healthy' methinks.)
Kick your doctor as you look fab :)

A bmi of 32 is def not morbidly obese. You look fab!

i am sooooooooooo glad i found this post!!! im overweight at 17 1/2 stone and we are trying for baby number 3, u never really think of other women like ourselfs do we, all your bumps and lovely!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->