Is anyone obese and pregnant?

Hi Just popping in to say this is great this post is still going 2.5yrs after i first started it

alas no baby for me 'yet' but i love reading about yours so keep them coming :)

I didnt notice the pre-pregnancy written there for a minute and was about to say, 'you dont show' then I scrolled down lol There is no mistaking that lovely baby bump lol

ohh yea, it gets in the way to everything LOL

I am about 17 stone pre pregnancy and almost done I have a big bump but u can tell its a pregnant bump I think it all depends on the skin x

Hi everyone,
brand new here, came on your thread after googling "obese and pregnant". I confirmed my pregnancy this morning and my feelings are all over the place.
I have a 6 year old daughter, which was followed by several miscarriages (there's 5 angels waiting for me in heaven). We've not been trying to get pregnant so this is a shock! (I'm on the pill). So I'm shocked, scared out of my wits, excited,very concerned about my weight, hopeful and caught up on my praying. Like I said, my feelings are all over the place. And I'm not even addressing the issue of hating Louisiana summer (new to this) and if this baby decides to stay with us, my due date is in August!! OK, I'm addressing it now. But the weight is a big problem. I would appreciate some success stories - obese and pregnant after miscarriage and such. LOL. Any encouragement is welcome here. Thank you all ahead.

Hello every one I am 40 and I had a tuble 19 years ago . I'm not sure if I am pregnant or not but
I went to the doctor on the 29th of june for an annual check . I was called to the back to be weighed and
Elderl male nurse told me that I had lost a pound then he proceeds to take my blood pressure and told me that my blood pressure was a little high and I told him. Wat I was going thru and he told me ( that would be kinda of stressful for me and the baby well I took it for a joke because my tubes were tied and myoungest child is 19 years old so I just laught about it I went home and call friends and family because I
Thought it was so very funny because the doctor did a pap and all the things they do wen u go for ur yearly exam and told me I should lose some more weight . Well it is now december and I look as f I am 6 months pregnant now I am afriad to go to the doctor because I don't want them to tell me I am not
Pregnant because I want it so bad I had. My cycle twice last month 11 days apart. I took two hpt and the were negative. So now I amconfused because I rreally look pregnant and I am feeling movements mostly in my back I am havin a lot of symptoms I don't know wat to can someone relate I am 225 pounds but I was 260 can some one please give me some advice I am new to this page

i am obese and currently 33 weeks gone. I have lost a bit of weight due to mega morning (all day) sickness but apart from that i didnt really get a baby bump until about 6 months but it has deffo changed shape from my normal "fat" bump!!
this is our 2nd child and we were mega lucky, we got pregnant the 1st time of trying..literally!!
good luck!!
PM me if you have any questions.

I have been reading all of your posts and I am extremely happy for all of you. I have not had any luck conceiving on my own so I will be trying clomid next month. I'm really scared about getting pregnant because of my weight as far as having a healthy baby and whether I will even show or not. My BMI is at 43 right now...has anyone else gotten pregnant with that same BMI?

I have a similar BMI and I did get pregnant. It took us a long time but it did happen! I had a wonderful pregnancy and I'm hoping to get to do it again very soon!
Good luck :hugs:

My bmi was 43 when we were ttc, Ive actually lost weight in pregnancy but it took us about 18 mths a lot longer than my first pregnancy when I fell straight away having a bmi of 34. Goodluck and dont give up xxx

I had a BMI of 38 when TTC and got my BFP first month! I am now nearly 28 weeks and still no bump unfortunately :-(

my bmi was 44 when we were ttc. it took me 9 months to fall pregnant but i wouldnt say that we 'trying' constantly.

im now 27 weeks pregnant. my pregnancy has been pretty much straight forward, but i dont have a bump. I've been writing on my christmas cards for the neighbours laura, mick and bump so come march they'll know i havent pinched a baby lol

i hope you fall pregnant soon louisa, and the same goes for everyone else who's trying :D

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me posting here, but I'm a freelance journalist and I'm writing on behalf of Pregnancy & Birth magazine.

For an upcoming feature about how pregnancy has made women healthier, I'm hoping to interview a woman who is obese and didn't start exercising, or losing weight, until she found out she was pregnant and has continued to exercise throughout her pregnancy ie doing yoga.

Ideally, she should be aged between 24 and 35, and visibly pregnant by January 13 so that she can travel to London to take part in a photo shoot. All travel expenses for her and one other person would be paid for by the magazine. I can also pay you for taking the time to share your story.

If this sounds like you, and you'd be happy to share your story with the magazine - I'd just need 20 minutes with you on the phone - I'd appreciate it if you could get in touch.

Many thanks,

Katreen

I am so glad you asked this! I am really over weight! Lets just say I could stand to loose 100 lbs and still not be a skinny girl. I am to start ttc next month and I think it would be such a shame not to have a baby bump. I so loved my bump with my other two children!!!

The midwives have been great though but I have just been told by the Obstetrician that they want extra scans at 30 and 34 weeks to check on the growth as they are a bit concerned about my BMI and also want a check with an Anaesthetist in case c section is needed.

Be careful that you set down your guidelines that unless absolutely needed (immediate fetal distress) you do not want a c-section. With obese women, there is a general prejudice by medical staff that obese women don't have the muscle tone or stamina to push properly and there is an increase in forcing a c-section before it is actually medically necessary. I understand that they may need to consult for anaesthesia but make sure it doesn't get to the point where they are just prepping you to get a medical procedure that is unnecessary, especially considering that c-section incisions can become a lot more complicated and are harder to heal when you have extra fat deposits and an overhanging belly.

Just my thoughts :D

I have been reading all of your posts and I am extremely happy for all of you. I have not had any luck conceiving on my own so I will be trying clomid next month. I'm really scared about getting pregnant because of my weight as far as having a healthy baby and whether I will even show or not. My BMI is at 43 right now...has anyone else gotten pregnant with that same BMI?

i had the exact same bmi as u. fell pregnant 1st month. did have a bump but it was huge lol. hang on in there x

Hi all, I've been reading these posts for a while and don't know if anyone still goes on here, but it has been so reassuring for me.
I'm 21 in august and have been with my partner for 5 years, I was 12 stone when we met and I'm ashamed to say I haven't weighed myself for about 2 years but I'm a size 22/24 and am ttc, have been for about 2 months and nothing yet but I heard from a healthy woman that it takes longer than that. I just wanted to come on here and see if I could find some contacts for when I am pregnant, someone to talk to in times of crisis!!
Thanks all!! Xx

Hey biggirl21! It took my husband and I a long time to get pregnant but it did happen. I'm a big girl myself, I still haven't lost all the weight I had gained while pregnant with my daughter. If you have any questions or anything feel free to send me a message :)

I'm sure if you ask anything in here someone will be more than happy to help as well :)

Hey I had a bmi of 34 when i fell pregnant and now have a bmi of 40 and I definitely look pregnant :) It took me 1 month to concieve.

this is me yesterday at 32 weeks x

Attachments

• 2re.jpg
    2re.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 42
im a size 18 and 5'2 .. i got pregnant straight away from trying and yes.. i do have a bump :D!!

altho i do have a bit of fat hanging down at the bottom of my bump.. its like my bumps pushed it all into one place lol.. its not a problem tho.. my bumps mainly always at the top :)

goodluck with TTC, hope its a quick one for ya :) xx

I'm so grateful for your replies and congratulations on all of your baby joy!! I'm definitely going to keep looking on here and hopefully get talking to some people when I'm pregnant! To be perfectly honest I'm hoping not to have to try much longer, would love a winter baby!! Thanks to all!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->