Is anyone scared to have another baby because of how difficult the first is?

K

Kalah

Or am I the only one? :blush:

Having a baby is fun, but it definitely isn't easy. After all the crying, sleepless nights, and every single aspect of life revolving around LO, I just can't wait for her to get bigger and more independent! OH wants to have more kids though, and in a way I do to, but I'm scared to death of going through all this again!

Is anyone else scared of having more kids because of how difficult it is?

Id love more kids, i think all the difficulty makes it more worthwile. Im scared to have another not because of how difficult it is but because of how difficult my labour was after she had been born, I heamorraged. and im scared that could happen again

scared isn't the right word, i just don't want to! i want more kids as in, i'd love to have two... but i don't want to raise another baby into a toddler... i'm only 3 months in and i know i've got many many more difficult months ahead of me. i wish it wasn't so hard, but i really really don't want to go through this again. I think it depends on your nature...some people love the newborn and baby phase, for me it's too confining. I really wanted to adopt a three year old but my OH wanted our baby so here we are and as much as I adore my little baby girl, i'm not a fan of the work involved.

mee!! i had a horrendus 1st few fmonths with LO. she has always been and still is a 'difficult' or high needs baby and i found it incredibly hard, i feel its now getting better, but 10 months is quite a long time to struggle especially with! eeek.

I am on my 2nd now, but we are talking about having a 3rd. There is 7yrs difference between my two.

My first daughter was a dream baby, slept through from 4wks, was always so happy and never a naughty baby/toddler.

My son is only 14wks old, but we are having lots of problems with him. He is such a moaner, he cries so much. He still does not sleep through the night , infact he is sleeping less at night now than he did when he was younger.

And as much as I love them both, I hate the thought of Harrison being my last baby. But also I don't know if I want to put my life on hold for a few more yrs. Worrying about going to bed at night because of how many times he will wake up. Struggling to have a shower because he demands so much of my time during the day/night. xxx

It is really hard, but so worth it. The way I see it is if you want more, have them while theyre all young then you can look forward to the growing up more independant stage without having an independant child then suddenly have a newborn again... x

Yes, I've actually blocked out several weeks of Alex's early life due to the extreme stress and frustration... sleeping 0500-0630am (1.5 hour total) each day for 2 months straight.. ugh. Only now coming to terms with the fact that not all babies are like that.

I also need a C-section next time which scares me but natural labour scares me even more, I just want to adopt an angelic 4 year old! LOL! I would actually but OH is not wanting to adopt. that's too bad, I would really love to (and no not just because I don't want a newborn lol)

awww ladies, once your little one's are big and answer you back!! you will want your ickle baby back lol my children's ages are 10 , 6 , 5, but i needed baby snuggles so we has little maddie! when there bigger, yes them being independant is sooooooooo good , but they also want you a lot less too :( lol but i do agree that babies are hard work!!! defo i'm nackered lol xx but there not all the same my girl is a nightmare well was but now she's lovely ;) i'm looking forward to see how this lo turns out , if she is easy going like my boys or if she takes after her sister . xx

I feel the same exact way. It really is difficult, especially while having to go to college full-time and work full-time. I can't wait though to actually plan to have a baby and be excited about being pregnant. Not for a very long time though!

I'm more scared this time around because Stephen is the perfect baby - slept through since day 5, doesn't winge, we've found the perfect routine etc and I'm more worried that this baby so going to be the complete opposite! :-/

I'm more scared this time around because Stephen is the perfect baby - slept through since day 5, doesn't winge, we've found the perfect routine etc and I'm more worried that this baby so going to be the complete opposite! :-/

:rofl: I'd be scared if I was you too! You're not going to get an easier baby that that :baby:

I'm scared! LO had horrible reflux and colic... she nurses 24 times a day now (she doesn't eat a whole bunch at a time, so I'm stuck nursing her that often), she doesn't sleep through the night-- she wakes to eat every hour. Screams whenever someone isn't giving her full attention... um...

Yeah. lol I can only hope she grows out of that before a sibling pops up! :lol:

I'm the opposite..I'm scared of having more because of how good DD is. Everyone tells me that you never have a second as good as the first and that if you have a "difficult" first you'll have an easy second.

I don't know how true that is but not sure I want to take the risk as my DD was and still is brilliant lol.

That and I'm also told they get bigger.. I'm only small..I'm not sure I could manage anything bigger than the 8lb 2oz DD was :rofl:

I'm the opposite..I'm scared of having more because of how good DD is. Everyone tells me that you never have a second as good as the first and that if you have a "difficult" first you'll have an easy second.

I don't know how true that is but not sure I want to take the risk as my DD was and still is brilliant lol.

That and I'm also told they get bigger.. I'm only small..I'm not sure I could manage anything bigger than the 8lb 2oz DD was :rofl:

If it makes you feel any better, I was my mom's third baby and I was the smalled by a few ounces!

Oh dear:hugs: I have heard it is true as well (my younger sister was 11lb wtf), but that's why I'm probalby having the C section next time!

:rofl: I'd be scared if I was you too! You're not going to get an easier baby that that :baby:

You're telling me!! We were really lucky this time! We're tired getting a full nights sleep - so who knows what we'll do if this one wakes up constantly during the night ha ha!!

I don't want anymore children but will have 1 more so Liam isn't an only child

yes but not because of the early stages cos he's really good, sleeps well feeds well etc but the birth was horrendus and i dont like the changes that have happend to my body, some people might think thats vain but it bothers me. i value my pregnancy and birth and i would like one more but only if i didnt have to go through all that again! x

I'm scared to even try again in case i have another set of twins, LOL! Don't get me wrong, i am besotted with my beautiful angels, however i was ready to crack during the first 6 weeks. Seriously! It's BLOODY hard!!

Who knows, maybe in time i'll forget how hard it was...

Yes Im dreading it ha ha. I hated being pregnant, I hated giving birth, and LO was waking every hour by 6 months (he's getting better now thankfully). Cant believe we're going to start ttc soon, but like someone else said, I do want two children, and hopefully having them close together will mean that the 'nappy stage' of our lives is over and done with asap!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->