Is he overreacting or am i in the wrong?

We play pranks on each other, our favourite is running up when someone is doing something and pulling down their trousers. But this is only ever in our own home and if he dared to do it outside I'd kill him. There is a fine line but it does sound like it is being crossed by the bloke here and moving into something less fun. If someone is ending in tears it has gone too far.

I do think doing it again when he asked you not to was the wrong thing to do. But it does need to be pointed out to him that he never stops when you ask him to. It might be he genuinely thinks it's fun, but if he continues now you've pointed it out to him, then you need to tell him to stop altogether. To be honest, none of it sounds like fun to me.

Glad you and you OH had a talk about it, hope things go well!

ive not read all the repluies, only half of them i think.
I totally get this, and if im honest, i disagree with people saying hes a bully etc.
me & my OH have the same sort of relationship, we play fight.. alot, like every day, he wipes bokeys on me, whips me with the towel, slaps me with the spatula, stabs me with a fork, ok he doesnt dunk my head in dish water, but i guess the first time i would probably laugh it off, but if i was you id of told him there and then you didnt like it etc.
but otoh i know what you mean he can give but not take. if my OH punches me (more of a playful tap, please dont say hes abusive cos its not like that) i will do it back, probably harder, he will do it again, and this will go on until i just dont hit him back, bcos he cant let me get the last one in, and god forbid i wipe a boogey on himhe would well flip out, same if i fart (we all do it lol) he moans 'thats gross if i smell that just watch' but he can fart almost in my face,
anywhere i guess where im going is, if your really sick of him, tell him..
i personally wouldnt go as far as saying hes a abusive bully, but if you dont like it tell him, if he doesnt, tel him to deal with the shit you do to him!
my OH also calls me fat, and ugly and whatever else, but in reality i know he wouldnt be with me if i was, so hes obv joking, i know when he is and when he isnt,.
i dont think your a 'dumb naive woman' nor do i think you are being abused, i am probably in the same boat as you to be honest. some men are just quite maturely immature lol. email me if you need hun x

Wipes bogies, stabs u with a fork and calls u names. If these things were happening in a classroom I'm pretty sure it would be classed as bullying .. Why is it different in ur own home :nope:

Its different because we are adults who joke and play about, i dont want to sit there all serious cuddling all the time in each others pockets, when he calls me ugly and fat if im honest, it doesnt upset me at all, i call him it back and i dont mean it, its very hard for people on the outside to read or hear about a relationship that isnt all perfect hearts and flowers like theirs is, i guess yeah for people to read that he stabs me with a fork sounds abusive and bullying, but i find it funny, i laugh about it, if im honest its what makes our relationship fun and not boring.
but this thread isnt about me, i knew id get some stick for it too but its not my thread, im happy with how things are..

im glad you spoke with your OH i hope things change to how you want them, if things got too far i would say something too, but it hasnt got to that yet, its good that the BnB ladies have helped you but IMO i dont see it as abuse, if you do then change it, but have a think about it, and if you do see bullying or abuse, then its serious, only YOU know your relationship and i hope you can sort things out.

You are entitled to conduct your relationship however you see fit, personally I don't know how anybody can find having bogeys wiped on them funny, but to each their own.

My relationship isn't 'hearts and flowers', but it is still fun and respectful.

i dont find it funny, i find it gross. i laugh about it cos i dont take it too seriously, im not exactly going to sit and cry abuse just cos i had a boogey wiped on me, like i say we are adults having a laugh, not kids in the playground bullying and telling tales

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->