Is it just hormones?? HELP

Pregnancy can make you question just about everything. It puts alot of stress onto a relationship. Kind of like, "am i ready for this?" and "do i want to do it with this person?"
I'm sorry its hard right now, but it'll get easier. :flower:

Hi, sorry to hear you're going through this. I think that sometimes pregnancy hormones can transform someone into a completely different person.

My situation with my OH is a little different from your situation with your girlfriend. For a start, he wasn't very supportive at the beginning of my pregnancy. However, all I wanted to do was push him away and not have anything to do with him. I couldn't stand the thought of being with him and every single thing he did annoyed me completely.

After a while I realised that I really did need him and love him and want to be with him. When the whole shock of being pregnant died down I guess I was a little bit clingy because pregnancy can make people feel so vulnerable. I went completely the opposite way for a while.

It's very scary to think that your body will be changing and that you have to push a baby out at the end of the nine months- a baby who will completely transform both of your lives! It terrifies me even now just thinking about what sort of parent I'm going to be, so hormones and a mixture of these thoughts is enough to send anyone loopy.

My best advice would be to give her some space. Perhaps send her a text saying that you're sorry for annoying/upsetting her and that you'll give her a bit of space until she wants to talk to you again. She probably feels quite pressured and trapped.

I honestly don't think you've done anything wrong (and you seem like a very sweet guy) but it might be worth sending a text along those lines just so she knows that she has space to think. Personally, I think the whole blocking you on fb thing is completely unreasonable but I know how awful those hormones can be.

She'll probably gradually become more reasonable as her hormones begin to settle down. I wouldn't expect an overnight change, although having said that, it can happen for some people. I wish you the best of luck and hope things get better between you and her.

I bought her a body pillow today cuz I read that it will help her sleep during the 2nd trimester and brought her money for dr bills. I think she really liked the body pillow and she commented that I look good with longer hair so hopefully she is starting to come around a tiny bit. still won't say "I love you" back but I know its not gonna be overnight. Still haven't told our parents yet though..

Hi, sorry to hear you're going through this. I think that sometimes pregnancy hormones can transform someone into a completely different person.

My situation with my OH is a little different from your situation with your girlfriend. For a start, he wasn't very supportive at the beginning of my pregnancy. However, all I wanted to do was push him away and not have anything to do with him. I couldn't stand the thought of being with him and every single thing he did annoyed me completely.

After a while I realised that I really did need him and love him and want to be with him. When the whole shock of being pregnant died down I guess I was a little bit clingy because pregnancy can make people feel so vulnerable. I went completely the opposite way for a while.

It's very scary to think that your body will be changing and that you have to push a baby out at the end of the nine months- a baby who will completely transform both of your lives! It terrifies me even now just thinking about what sort of parent I'm going to be, so hormones and a mixture of these thoughts is enough to send anyone loopy.

My best advice would be to give her some space. Perhaps send her a text saying that you're sorry for annoying/upsetting her and that you'll give her a bit of space until she wants to talk to you again. She probably feels quite pressured and trapped.

I honestly don't think you've done anything wrong (and you seem like a very sweet guy) but it might be worth sending a text along those lines just so she knows that she has space to think. Personally, I think the whole blocking you on fb thing is completely unreasonable but I know how awful those hormones can be.

She'll probably gradually become more reasonable as her hormones begin to settle down. I wouldn't expect an overnight change, although having said that, it can happen for some people. I wish you the best of luck and hope things get better between you and her.

This ^^^ :flow:

Bleh, i'm jealous. I wish my fob was one tenth of the thoughtful and loving man you are. I dont have any advise though because I never had this issue in my pregnancy, I think i'm more hormonal (sorry tmi) on my periods now than I was during my entire pregnancy. :shrug:

I hope she comes around soon for you! :hugs:

We actually talked on the phone. She said she was feeling better today and that she did feel awful for how she has been treating me but she can't control it. She also said she doesn't know when her hormones are taking over and to not take anything she says to heart. Still wont say "I love You" back but im still glad things are slowly getting better. We were talking about the future and how when the baby gets here she will be really busy and I reassured her I would be able to take care of our baby if she needs sleep. I know we still got a long way to go and things will get bad again at times but you guys have really helped me out. Thank you so much

I'm glad everything seems to be getting better for both of you. :flower: You sound like a great guy and she's very lucky to have you. What you're doing seems to be working and hopefully everything will work out perfectly in the end. :hugs:

Wow, I'm also very jealous. You sound like a very nice, thoughtful guy and the body pillow was a really nice touch. It does sound like she's coming round a bit- just be patient :hugs: Remember that everyone here is around to support you if you're having any more problems.

She seems to be pretty much back to her old self except for a couple things. She won't kiss me and she won't say "I love you" back. Is this something to worry about or will it just come with time?

Glad she's coming around :flower: it could just be she's feeling a bit "down on herself" for about 2 weeksor soi didn't want My fob to touch me, kiss me, anything..

She seems to be pretty much back to her old self except for a couple things. She won't kiss me and she won't say "I love you" back. Is this something to worry about or will it just come with time?

I'm pretty sure that will come with time. It could be a self confidence issue because I really had that at the beginning. She may be worried that you'll no longer find her attractive in a few months time when she has a swollen belly. Just keep reassuring her that you think she's beautiful and keep her confidence up. That's what she should really need at the moment.

Has she had her scan yet? I know I settled down a lot once I saw that LO was ok.

We go on the 27th. First appointment she is letting me go to ha. But then she is going to tell her parents after that. I already told my mom so she is still stressing about that too.

Ok, the fact that she's not told her parents yet is likely to be a major issue for her. She's probably really stressing out about it. However, seeing as she's settling down a bit already and these things will be out the way soon, it's likely that she'll be a lot better in a few weeks. Oh, didn't you get to go to her booking point with the midwife? :( I brought my OH to that one because they talk about medical history.

nope. probly because she knows I don't know any of my medical history since I was adopted.

About a month before we found out she was pregnant her exact words to me were "saying I love you doesn't even come close to how I feel about you. The word love isn't enough". that strong of love can't just disappear for no reason can it? I thought the pregnancy would make it even stronger. Maybe I'm freaking out for no reason and I just gotta give it time but it hurts when i say "I love you" and she just says okay..

Just give it more time :flow: she's probably under a lot of stress and not to be rude or anything but you're probably the last thing she is conceded about, not because she doesn't love you but because her life has taken a HUGE turn and the fact that she hasn't told her parents yet adds a lot of stress also. Just keep doing what you're doing. Don't overwhelm her and just give her reassurance :flower:

Hopefully this will get better like the hormones did. I know thats not over yet too haha but I'm ready. I wish she was clingy like you guys say you got. I'll probly start crying tears of joy when she says i love you back haha

Hopefully this will get better like the hormones did. I know thats not over yet too haha but I'm ready. I wish she was clingy like you guys say you got. I'll probly start crying tears of joy when she says i love you back haha

Please dont take this the wrong way, i dont mean to be rude. But maybe she feels like you're being too clingy? My OH used to tell me he loved me so much, that it seemed to lose its meaning? After he toned it down a bit, we got back on track. How often do you tell her you love her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->