is it possible to get negative hpt at 3/4 months pregnant?

D

dmestiza

hi all... i havnt had my period for almost 3 months now... i was ttc with my husband durring nov/dec end of last year... i had a lighter than usual bleed in jan this year-- then since feb till now no menstrual bleeding... i doo have PCOS so im thinking it could be bkoz of this, koz i've also done many hpts but all negative... im gonna do a digital test next week to check for sure and im gonna have a blood test to check also koz my doctor said to have it done to check. any advice will help xoxo
but yeah if im preg i could possible be 3/4 months now... can PCOS affect a hpt result?? i have read on the net that maybe it can. im a bigger women so i dont even know if i would show now??! when did u find out u were pregnant also...

You would get a negative at three months.
Google hook effect hpt and you can read about hy

thanks so much for your reply love, i just read abit about the hook effect... once your HCG levels reach a certain point, the HPT will struggle to process them... could this be why when i took a first response dip n read test the other day... when i dipped the test in the urine then lay it down i thought it was showing positive koz when the urine went over, where the postive line should be its like it was gonna show positive but then disapeared?... i am gonna have my blood test next week, but do u know if the digital clear blue would also have the hook effect on the result??? thanks again xoxo

It's highly unlikely that it would show a negative, it would just show a fainter positive. You will have your answer through your blood test, though.

You can try diluting your urine and doing the test

i will for sure dilute my urine when i test sometime next week, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->