Is it possible to get pregnant when on the pill?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section...

When LO was around 6 weeks old I stopped bleeding for a few days and me and OH dtd a couple of times... One of these times I had the morning after pill and then we ended up DTD later that day. The next day I started bleeding and went to see my GP and he said this was my first period and he gave me the pill to take but told me to take a pregnancy test that same day to be on the safe side.

I did a pregnancy test and it was negative. I've been on the pill for almost 4 months now. It's the one where I take for 21 days and then have a 7 week break.

The past few weeks I've been getting a lot of the symptoms I got when I was pregnant... There is absolutely no way I can be pregnant is there?

I've got a pregnancy test upstairs but I'm so scared to so it incase it is positive. Really don't want any more babies yet... If ever.

It's not 100% effective but it's unlikely you are pregnant if you have taken it correctly. I was on the pill for 10 years and didn't get pregnant until I TTC. I would test just to put your mind at rest though.

The pill isnt 100% so theres always a possibility.
Hope you get the outcome you want :thumbup:

I was on the mini pill after I had Thomas and got pregnant early on (miscarriage). I was also on the mini pill until the day I had sex (just the once!) to create Sophie. I was supposed to be infertile, it took me 8 years to get pregnant with Thomas.

deff possible. Take the test hun its better to know then to just wonder. I hope you get the results you want.

The Pill is a super effective method of contraception (over 99%), but, saying that, I used it correctly and fell pregnant with my son after taking it for roughly 12 months!

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. I'm guessing its super rare. (Statistics would say this happens to less than 1 in 100 women.)

Taken from the NHS website...

•Combined contraceptive pill: over 99% effective if taken correctly. Less than one woman in 100 will get pregnant in a year while taking the combined pill.
•Progestogen-only pill: 99% effective if taken correctly. One woman in 100 will get pregnant in a year while taking the progestogen-only pill.

x

Oh dear I didnt know it was possible. I've never forgot to take a pill but don't always take it at the same time each day. Ill do the test. Fingers crossed its negative... Never thought I'd ever say that!

I got my first period with Sophie after taking the morning after pill too, does it bring on a bleed? It wasn't even really like a period, certainly not the crampy horrible kind you usually get for the first PP one. The next period after that was a 'proper' one.

It's possible, but it's probably just your body re-adjusting to the hormones that's causing your symptoms. :)

It's deffo possible. Hope I get the result u want xx

I got my first period with Sophie after taking the morning after pill too, does it bring on a bleed? It wasn't even really like a period, certainly not the crampy horrible kind you usually get for the first PP one. The next period after that was a 'proper' one.

It's funny you should say that actually, before I was pregnant with LO I had awful periods lasting for about a week and had to take strong painkillers because the period pains were so intense (when I was at school I had to have a few days off each month they were so bad) since having Thomas though they hAve been fine.

Hmm getting a bit scared now :/

It's possible and there's only one way to know. Take the test. It might be scary but I always think it's better to know than be sat worrying. Good luck.

I bet it's just the hormones giving you pregnancy symptoms, the same happened to me. Take the test, it'll put your mind at ease :)

I'm really tempted to take it tonight. It would show up positive now after 3-4 months if I was pregnant wouldn't it? :/

keep us updated.

to those who got preggers while on the pill.... you are scaring me :haha:

Most certainly is possible. The only 100% effective form of contraception is abstinence. There are women who fall pregnant even after having their tubes tied. So yes, there is a chance of falling pregnant on the pill. If you take it out of the usual time frame, have vomiting/diarrhoea, take certain antibiotics, then you are at risk of the effectiveness of the pill dropping and increasing your chances of falling pregnant. That being said, POAS so you can put your mind at ease. The chances are slim but it DOES happen.

The pill can also cause pregnancy symptoms because of the hormones in them, so keep that in mind.

Ahh yeah I didn't even think of that! Defo going to POAS tomorrow.. I'm just a bit panicky because I know people are really fertile a few weeks after giving birth but it took 11 months to successfully fall pregnant with LO so I really do doubt that I'm pregnant but will know for sure tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->