Is there a way to know at all?

proudparent88

Reaction score
Back in May I had a breast reduction. They removed 2 pounds out of one breast and 2 1/2 pounds out of the other breast which is a lot. After I found out I was pregnant I called the doctor who did the breast reduction thinking he would know what he removed and if it would interfere with me being able to breastfeed but he can't tell me if I will be able to or not. Is there a way I can find out if I will be able to breastfeed or not so I can make sure that I am prepared I don't want to think I can do this and not have formula on hand if I have to use that. My first child wouldn't latch so I formula fed him my second child I couldn't produce enough which is another concern I feel if I couldn't produce enough with a DDD breast size what is going to happen now that I am a C. I feel lost and so unsure of my body and myself and wish I never would have had the breast reduction but it was best since I have severe back problems and the size was only making it all worse. When I was bigger I had a big fear of suffocating my baby because my breast was bigger than the baby's head. Now I have the ease of knowing that isn't the case but the worry of not knowing if I will be able to do this at all. :cry:

i have size A breast okay ill be truthful really small As i could still fit in a training bra lol and i breastfeed my dd till she was 16 1/2 months i dont think size is really a problem but you should talk to a lactation consultant they should be able to give you advice on any questions and concerns you may have..:)

i have size A breast okay ill be truthful really small As i could still fit in a training bra lol and i breastfeed my dd till she was 16 1/2 months i dont think size is really a problem but you should talk to a lactation consultant they should be able to give you advice on any questions and concerns you may have..:)

But the thing is even they couldn't tell me if I would be able to I talked to the one in the labor and delivery area of the hospital. It's just frustrating.

My best friend had a breast reduction after her 2nd child and was told at the time it might be impossible to feed again but there was no way to know. She wasn't worried about it as she had serious supply issues with her first 2 and wasn't able to EBF. As it turned out with her next 2 she was able to feed them both with no issues. As far as I know i don't think there's any way to know until you try (i could be wrong but this is what my friend was told,) but it might still be ok. It might be best to be prepared either way

i agree with annio84 you prob wont know until its time there are ways to help with lactation try doing some research on that you never know what youll find lol good luck wishing the best for you! by the way do you know what your having?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->