Is there any foster mummy's out there??

Your certainly right getting really nervous here...
Think I might have a early night tonight, :sleep: I have been not sleeping very well this week and waking up early most days.

Good news we are now foster carers :happydance:
I'm soo happy,...
I will write about it another day, as I have to go out.

I wish there were and emoji of someone popping a bottle of champagne!

Thought I would update how panel went,
It went really well from the start and we walked in their and they said that ours was a positive report so well done, and that they only had a few questions for us.
Why did we want to foster?
Why is now the right time to foster?
What are we looking forwards to if we get excepted for fostering?
Another 2 but I can't remember them now.
Anyway we got told to leave them room, and they would all decide, then 5 minutes later we got called back in and got told everyone said yes to us being foster carers.
It was one of them many best days of my life, my 6 children being born is of course the best moments of my life.
Everyone is looking forwards to the call to say we have a placement for you...

So happy you got approved. I know you have wanted this for so long. Can't wait 'til you get to bring home a new little (or big?) one!

So happy you got approved. I know you have wanted this for so long. Can't wait 'til you get to bring home a new little (or big?) one!

Thanks, yes it feels like we have been waiting a long time for this.

I started this thread back in September 2013....

I see you are 32 weeks pregnant congratulations, do you know if you are having a boy or girl? Not long to go...but I always found the last few weeks of pregnancy drag .....

Thanks again for stopping by....

Thanks! We are letting it be a surprise.
Our dream family still includes fostering later on. We just need to move to a bigger place so that's the next step!

Hi, hun! Just popping by to see if there is any news yet!

Thanks for stopping by but still no news...

Hope things are still going well for you.xx

Thanks! We are letting it be a surprise.
Our dream family still includes fostering later on. We just need to move to a bigger place so that's the next step!

It's lovely you are having a surprise baby, all of my baby's have been surprise baby's, I feel it makes it more exciting...

And it's nice you still see fostering in your future, hopefully I might be still around and be able to offer you some advice about it all, In a few years or more....( And hopefully I am still enjoying fostering by then.) xxx

Thanks!
I was going to say that we should exchange alternate contact info just in case. But I live in the US so it is probably pretty different.

I do know that some policies are similar such as needing to have an extra room of a certain size. Which is sort of weird to me since there is no law stopping me from having a bio baby in a small space.

Hi Mint,

I live in the US and just started fostering so I'm happy to offer up my experiences as well! Although I did learn that the regulations vary quite heavily from state to state so my experience may not be the same as yours.

I know this is far down the road for you but just wanted to say hi. I wrote a bunch of my thoughts/feelings/experiences in my journal so you can always check that out if/when your time comes!

Congrats on your surprise baby! What's your due date?

Thanks Savasanna!
I'll try to check out your journal soon. I'm still interested in it even if it is far off for me.
What state are you in?
I am in NYC but looking at houses both upstate and in surrounding states also like CT and PA. Hopefully in the next two years.
Looks like you got licenced pretty quickly! Congrats!

Oh and I am due May 8. Getting close!

Thanks Savasanna!
I'll try to check out your journal soon. I'm still interested in it even if it is far off for me.
What state are you in?
I am in NYC but looking at houses both upstate and in surrounding states also like CT and PA. Hopefully in the next two years.
Looks like you got licenced pretty quickly! Congrats!

Oh and I am due May 8. Getting close!

Good luck with baby, xxx :happydance:

Still waiting for 1st placement, getting a bit fed up with waiting and hoping the phone will ring.

I am So looking forwards to getting a call and coming on here and posting we have our 1st placement .

I know the phone will ring sometime soon, so excited to start ....

We have had a call for our 1st foster baby, a three month old girl she turned up 3 days ago.
So far she is good,and settled as well as she could.
Loving being a mummy again,but this time I haven't got to worry about losing the baby weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->