Is there any foster mummy's out there??

Things here are good, we have another home visit Thursday, things are coming along nicely.

How about you?
Haven't you got a home visit Friday?

Take care xx

Things are still going well getting more and more excited about it all.
It's nice to know the end is near.
But hopefully soon the start of my fostering journey xx

I don't know how you do it. I feel like my process is draaaaaging and I know it hasn't actually been all that long! When are you hoping to be licensed by again?

Time for me is dragging as well we phoned up back in May/June to try and foster.
It was then a few weeks then until someone came out to see us, then a month later we had a 6 week course to foster. In July we applied and things have slowly happened from there. We are hoping to be approved end of February . ( so not long now ).
We feel ready for it now, the kids are ready for it.
You sound like you might have a baby placed with you before me.
You must be nervous and excited ?
Keep me update I'm always here for a chat and a moan ,take care xx

Hi there - anything new to report on your end? I'm kind of treating this thread like your journal, haha.

It kind of feels like my journal, it's nice to keep this thread up dated so I can keep a eye on how long things have taken.
Anyway nice to see you back here again, I am getting a bit excited now, we go to panel in 20 days ..and I am so ready to getting started, I have said this before but I feel like a foster carer, that hasn't got a foster child yet lol xxxx. Hope you are well...

12 days until panel.. Getting a little bit nervous and quite a lot excited..

Ack! One week!!

I'm so curious what your panel will be like and how it compares to my home study. Hey - where abouts are you located (in general)? Just asking because someone else on here (who lives in the UK) mentioned they were thinking about fostering as well.

6 Days to go,
We live near Great Yarmouth in a nice area...
Finding it hard to sleep the last few weeks,, I am hoping it's a sign getting my body used to less sleep ready to get a placement soon !!
Trying to keep my self busy so time goes faster..

Is the panel the last thing you have to do before you're licensed?

Hi very nearly I think our decision is down to a decision maker who then decides if we can or not foster we find out by letter but I think if panel and our social worker approves us then it is 99 percent that we will to approved...(I hope )
:happydance: getting excited now but I will be crushed if we don't get approved....

5 days until panel :happydance::happydance:

I can't believe I started this thread back in sept 2013, here I am now 17 months later and I will hopefully find out if we can foster in 5 DAYS......

Glad my wait is coming to a end, I feel so ready to start my fostering journey....Let's just hope panel agree !!

Ohhhh!! How oh so very exciting! I can't wait to hear how it all goes - you're so close!

I'm sure you will do brilliantly, but I imagine it's hard to keep nerves at bay when you've been waiting for this moment for so long.

!!! 3 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->