Is there any foster mummy's out there??

helloeveryone

Reaction score
Hi just trying to find any foster mummy out there in the uk..

Just in the very early days of looking into it and would love to know about all the good. Points of fostering and bad points..

I have got 6 children of my own from 2 years old to 16 years old..
Only one small room left spare to foster in..
But still feel I have the time and skills and love to give another child....

Any one out there who can help answer my busy head of question...

Hello...

have you tried:

https://www.adoptionuk.org/forums/foster-carers

lots of very experienced FC on there. Good luck! xxx

Thanks lolly1985 I will take a look now,,

Congratulations on getting your daughter,,do you know when you get her??
You must be soo excited...xxx

Today, about half an hour ago!! We are a family :D xx

Thank you, hope you find some valuable support. Foster carers do a wonderful job xxx

Thank you, hope you find some valuable support. Foster carers do a wonderful job xxx

Little update...
Got sent a email from foster people,,
Saying roughly,thanks for you interest in fostering. We will give you a call in 6 months so my little boy can get used to sharing with his brothers,,then they will call me back and get things started...
But due to the ages of my children they would only be able to offer me a 0 to 2 years old to start with....

Couldn't sleep last night I' m soo excited to get things started..
Been looking on ebay for a new cot bed and new bedding...
I know it's a long road ahead until we get our foster baby/child but I can't wait...

Hope this 1st stage 6 months goes fast. ...

And hi to lolly1985 hope you are injoying being a family at last...
Will you still be fostering ??

That's brilliant news, really happy things are moving. I'm actually not a foster carer, although did go through some of the fostering home study a few years back in order to provide respite care in my home. I posted the link originally as it is a more active fostering board in the UK ( noticed when visiting for adoption pages) Hasit been any help? Our little girl was in foster care from leaving hospital at 6 days old and stayed with them until 10 months. They have given her the best start and she is thriving xxx

Little update we have to move the Room I plan to foster in is to small it has to be 6 ft by 6 ft at least..
We have to move and then wait 6 months before they can even start anything :dohh::dohh::dohh: I was so excited to start soon..
The house we have seen that we like has 6 bedroom so lots of room for us and one spare room for foster child, I just hope that they say yes to us...
As we are planing on spending loads of money moving to a big house,in the hope that they will say yes you can foster....

Hi

My mother is a foster carer and it is a very rewarding experience, I am very close with my parents so love meeting the new additions as they come and go, she has had a little girl for almost a year now who was only 18 months when she first came, she was very delayed developmentally and has come on leaps and bound since being with my parents i am dreading the day she has to leave us we have come to love her, thats the hardest part, letting them go, weather they are going home or getting a brand new mummy & daddy.

My auntie is also a foster carer and has has hundreds of children especially babies, sometimes they come to her only a few hours or a day old and she has them for a couple of years before they go to their new families.

All children get a life story made for them and they include pictures and stories of foster families, and keepsakes.

It took my mum a year to get through to panel and get a yes, and she loves it, im surew you will too!

good luck! x

Thanks mummytobe for letting me know about your family.
I am so excited to get started,I am a bit worried they will say no to me,but I know we will make a lovely family,for any foster child to join us for a while..
I know it will be hard some days but I am a so organised mum,that I can cope with anything...
Would love to start with the baby stage then down the line to the toddler age and then when my children are older move to foster the older children,then going on to disabled children one day...

Would love to foster at least 100 babies and children..
Would love any more help and advice so I can be ready when the time comes to it..

Quick update we moved to a lovely 6 bedroom house and we have our 1st visit tomorrow to meet with us and talk things through.
Soo excited and a lot scared they will say no to us..
So looking forwards to fostering I love babies and children and I know we would make a lovely foster family..
We are decorating the planned foster room today,I know it's early but we couldn't wait..
Hopefully things go well tomorrow.

Foster Meeting went well they liked us as a family, the lady said she would have to speak to her manager to see if they can go ahead with us.

GOOD NEWS we go for foster training next month. I'm so excited and nervous.

It would be good to hear from anyone on what to expect from foster training or about anything about fostering...

Any updates?

Foster training went well. We are still rearly keen to still go ahead and foster.
We picked our 6 references and they have all filled in there forms.
So we are now waiting for some of them to have interviews.
Still so excited,...

Not much of a update still waiting to hear when next meeting is.

Feeling a bit down lately, I am so excited and Looking forward to fostering.
But feeling a bit nervous that we might get turned down .

And my dream of fostering and helping child feel wanted and loved would be gone.

That's understandable to feel nervous. Is there a particular concern you have? A reason you think they might say no?
We are in a bit of the same boat as you used to be. We want to foster but don't have an appropriate extra bedroom so we have to wait until we can find a new place and move - which is tough because right now I live within walking distance of my job and it will be hard to give that up.

That's understandable to feel nervous. Is there a particular concern you have? A reason you think they might say no?
We are in a bit of the same boat as you used to be. We want to foster but don't have an appropriate extra bedroom so we have to wait until we can find a new place and move - which is tough because right now I live within walking distance of my job and it will be hard to give that up.

Nice to see someone else is about to read about my journey hopefully to being a foster carer...

Any way is answer to your question, I think it is the internet in making me worried there is so many different story's about getting turned down for silly things. I can't think of any real reason why they might turn us down.
We are a big happy family and I know I cope with all 6 of my children well, I am a very organised person, so every thing always goes to plan most of the time.

It must be hard for you not having room to foster when you want to.
How long will you have to wait until you can move to some where bigger ?

That must be nice living near where you work,
I used to walk all my kids to school but since we moved I have to drive them,which was a pain to start with but we are used to it now.
How long have you thought about fostering for ?
Any way better go now to start on dinner..

Quick update....
Getting quite excited that we might be able to foster soon. But for now there is so much paper work to get through.
We have another home visit next week.:happydance:
My children are looking forward to fostering,and my second son keeps saying things like "when the foster child comes I will share my toys with him or her".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->