Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

I think I'm the oldest here so far (gulp). I am 45 and ttc #4. I have DS14 and TwinsD&S turning 13 March 11. I'm on CD 7. I'm leaving the computer for awhile but will check in later. Good thread to start :flower:

*cough*

Just turned 46, no children.

TTC for 4 years, on 4 cycles of Clomid, if that doesn't work, I will be having invasive treatment. Just don't know whether it will be my eggs or DE, we are ok with DE.

AF turned up yesterday and I had a little cry. I don't do that normally, I think it was the realisation it probably won't happen naturally. I only have 2 cycles of Clomid left! Eeeek!

Went to the Agora Clinic in Brighton today, had my AMH done, am going back in a couple of weeks to discuss the results. It had a nice feel about the place. I just want to know what our options are, I feel a bit better knowing I have a plan.

Love to you all. xx

Awww - the cruddy :witch: - so sorry to hear that. Have you seen that article about stem cells and women being able to make "new" eggs? I'm likely butchering the integrity of the study but it sounded promising. Here is the link to what NPR reported.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=147483156

Looking at the Agora website it seems you are in great hands over there. What a gift to have that available to you. We are lucky to live in the time we do.

I sure hope you will see your BFP next cycle - my thoughts are with you!!

:dust::dust:

I have read that report, makes very interesting reading!

Thank you for your kind words.

Wishing you loads of love and luck with your journey as well. xx

Well, I have made my yearly check up with my gynie for June only :( but lets hope we will have a little surprise before then, hope you all are well :)

So does the soy does really work? A friend of mine who is also trying ttc also spoke about soya, think I will go to Dischem here in Johannesburg/

42 yrs old, TTC after a miscarriage back in July of 2011. In my TWW now and feel like I'm about to go CRAZY, time is moving so slow!!! I took at test this morning (9dpo) and it was a BFN. Hoping it was just too soon to detect any HCG. Anyone else in their TWW need a buddy to help keep sane?? ;)

There is a whole bunch of Soy babies! It really help my get my Bfp. You do have to read up on it though. It not something you want to take without reading up on.

HI
Im 42 in May with 4 miscarriages, the last a partial molar pregnancy where the planceta took over and killed the baby. Still under follow up from Sheffield and been clear for 4 months, finish in April but have not been preventing for a few months now.......really what are my chances anyway. Rather pessimistic and enjoying my gorgeous 2.5 year old who I had at 39 years old.
I would love another but I'm really not sure if I believe it will happen now, I take supplements but Ive given up giving up on exercise (quite hardcore) caffeine and wine!! Ive been doing this ttc for 2 and a bit years and I just needed to forget it all really! I visit here a few times a week usually in the tww but I cut back from every day, every hour every 20 minutes!!!It wasn't healthy.
Bex

:dust:
So does the soy does really work? A friend of mine who is also trying ttc also spoke about soya, think I will go to Dischem here in Johannesburg/

42 yrs old, TTC after a miscarriage back in July of 2011. In my TWW now and feel like I'm about to go CRAZY, time is moving so slow!!! I took at test this morning (9dpo) and it was a BFN. Hoping it was just too soon to detect any HCG. Anyone else in their TWW need a buddy to help keep sane?? ;)

HI
Im 42 in May with 4 miscarriages, the last a partial molar pregnancy where the planceta took over and killed the baby. Still under follow up from Sheffield and been clear for 4 months, finish in April but have not been preventing for a few months now.......really what are my chances anyway. Rather pessimistic and enjoying my gorgeous 2.5 year old who I had at 39 years old.
I would love another but I'm really not sure if I believe it will happen now, I take supplements but Ive given up giving up on exercise (quite hardcore) caffeine and wine!! Ive been doing this ttc for 2 and a bit years and I just needed to forget it all really! I visit here a few times a week usually in the tww but I cut back from every day, every hour every 20 minutes!!!It wasn't healthy.
Bex

40yearoldmum - I am so sorry about your losses. Glad to hear you able to live in the moment and enjoy your toddler. They are so precious. Don't give up hope - you read all kinds of stories here that seem nothing short of miracles. Sending you hugs and hope :hugs:

Dustar - I've read lots of stories that soy is helpful in some cases. It's important to read up on it. I think if you ovulate on your own it's something you don't want to mess with. I have taken it now 3 months. Last month I had a very clear ovulation and bd'd on all the right days but no luck. This month I really didn't have a clear idea of when I ovulated. I didn't have much CM to speak of and I was using the OPKs but missed the LH surge. So....we'll see this month.

Advmatmom - The 2ww - that has got to be the longest time to go through isn't it? 9 dpo is really early to test. I have done the same thing and sworn that next month I won't test earlyl but I can't seem to stop myself. I might have my OH hide them from me. I think I am 2 dpo so I guess in the 2ww but I'm not feeling too hopeful this month so...I'm not stressing out as much.

Baby dust to you all.

I've only taken very low doses of soy so it doesn't mess up my cycle. I just need a little boost of Soy to get pregnant. I've only taken 32 mg the first time then 64 mg the second time. Good luck...

I turned 40 in January and had just found out at Christmas that I was pregnant with #2. #1 is 13yrs old. I m/c at the end of Jan. Just had AF on 3/2. TTC again.....hoping March is the magic month!! :happydance:

I turned 40 in January and had just found out at Christmas that I was pregnant with #2. #1 is 13yrs old. I m/c at the end of Jan. Just had AF on 3/2. TTC again.....hoping March is the magic month!! :happydance:

Hi AlohaPink and welcome. I'm sorry about your m/c. Happy you've had A/F and can try again. I've heard of increased fertility for a few months after a m/c - hope that's true for you. Take good care and baby dust.

:hi: I am 44 and got my first bfp in January but just Mc'd about 10 days ago. Waiting now for hcg do go to 0 so I can start trying again. took 10 months to get the first bfp which I thought wasn't too bad so i'm hoping I can take advantage of the extra fertile months after an MC :thumbup:

Oh and there is an over 40's group on here too :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/355138-ttc-40-plus-lets-share-ups-downs.html

:hi: I am 44 and got my first bfp in January but just Mc'd about 10 days ago. Waiting now for hcg do go to 0 so I can start trying again. took 10 months to get the first bfp which I thought wasn't too bad so i'm hoping I can take advantage of the extra fertile months after an MC :thumbup:

Oh and there is an over 40's group on here too :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/355138-ttc-40-plus-lets-share-ups-downs.html

Awww...Butterfly, I'm so sorry about your mc. Hugs to you :hugs: You're right though in that the next few months are extra fertile. Fx'd for you.
Thanks for the link.

I just found this board and am so happy that I did. Other forums with 40's and over are so desolate. I have an almost 7 y.o. (September) daughter and an almost 3 y.o. (August) son. We are trying for a third. I knew I was not done just hours after giving birth to my son! My only regret is that I waited so long in between my daughter and son. Now I am having a hard time getting pregnant and am losing hope. I found out that my progesterone level is extremely low (2)!! :nope: I have been on clomid for all my babies. We have been trying for several months now. I thought I would fall preggos like I did with my first (after three months) and my second (5 months) somewhere in between but so far no luck. (And to make matters worse hubby is having male issues of his own..... :blush:)

I am 5 days late and my doctor told me today that I was not preggos because I did not ovulate??? How the heck does he know that? I have never missed my period at all and are always spot on between 25 and 27 days respectively. Then he tells me if I don't get my period by next week to get a sono done!!! Really.....so you have a patient who you know has a low progesterone level and is 5 days late and that is all you can tell me? Why not have a blood test done? Why wait? Completely confused and I'm sitting here now wondering if I am preggos... (Home test said negative yesterday) and he tells me to wait!!! :growlmad: Common sense would say get a blood test to find out for sure and then get you on progesterone.....Really, am so infuriated now.

Anyway that is my story. I look forward to chatting with other woman my age. All my GF's think I a nuts for wanting another one so I don't have anyone to talk to about this. I don't need negative people around me at this point in time....

I just found this board and am so happy that I did. Other forums with 40's and over are so desolate. I have an almost 7 y.o. (September) daughter and an almost 3 y.o. (August) son. We are trying for a third. I knew I was not done just hours after giving birth to my son! My only regret is that I waited so long in between my daughter and son. Now I am having a hard time getting pregnant and am losing hope. I found out that my progesterone level is extremely low (2)!! :nope: I have been on clomid for all my babies. We have been trying for several months now. I thought I would fall preggos like I did with my first (after three months) and my second (5 months) somewhere in between but so far no luck. (And to make matters worse hubby is having male issues of his own..... :blush:)

I am 5 days late and my doctor told me today that I was not preggos because I did not ovulate??? How the heck does he know that? I have never missed my period at all and are always spot on between 25 and 27 days respectively. Then he tells me if I don't get my period by next week to get a sono done!!! Really.....so you have a patient who you know has a low progesterone level and is 5 days late and that is all you can tell me? Why not have a blood test done? Why wait? Completely confused and I'm sitting here now wondering if I am preggos... (Home test said negative yesterday) and he tells me to wait!!! :growlmad: Common sense would say get a blood test to find out for sure and then get you on progesterone.....Really, am so infuriated now.

Anyway that is my story. I look forward to chatting with other woman my age. All my GF's think I a nuts for wanting another one so I don't have anyone to talk to about this. I don't need negative people around me at this point in time....

Sorry about your situation and I agree why the heck wouldn't you just do a blood test and like you said how on earth do they know you didn't O?? Are you temping? I take progesterone very early in my cycle just in case I fall preggo. I take it from CD 15 to when AF arrives. Would your doc consider that?

I totally hear you about the GFs....I haven't even told one of them. I told my sis and that's it because I just don't want to hear all the negative comments.
Baby dust to you.

HI
Bex

Hi Bex

I'm sorry for your losses Similar to you, I have had 3 mc with one beautiful, amazing, life-affirming 3.5yr old in amongst them. He arrived when I was (just) 40. Prior to having him I was a serious marathon runner (70-80 miles a week) and ran until 7 months pregnant. I lost a baby just past 12 weeks back in November 2010 and nothing even close to a positive test since then, despite well timed bd pretty much every month :nope: I have been so so depressed since the mc and had given up running completely, partly due to depression and partly due to thinking it would enhance my chances. In January this year I decided that enough was enough and that running was going to be my exit strategy from depression and to help me come to terms with the fact that this is now far less likely to happen for us than it is to happen. Progress is slow in terms of fitness but I feel more like my old self again and definitely less obsessed with ttc, though I am discovering that getting fit at the age of 43 is a whole lot harder than staying fit ever was. I am yet to start on the wine, but in truth, I have discovered that I actually feel better for not drinking (it was only ever a glass or two anyway) so may not go back to that, we'll see. I wish you speedy success :hugs:

Spoomie- I'm glad you are running again. I started a walk run program with my dh just last week . I'm not ready for marathon training again as I do think this would hinder any chances of a BFP but I feel the same as you. I need to get back to a normal routine. Of course you know what will happen when you stop obsessing....you will get you BFP. Fx'd for all of us!!!

YD1- sorry for your troubles. I pray that March is your month!
Butterfly- so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you can get preggo at least. I have had the same problem since TTY for the past 10 months- 2 chemical pregnancies and a mmc at 12 weeks. I pray that this is our month!

Hi again marathon girl. Good to keep some balance I know. I am thankful that I did not run in my last pregnancy. I know that there is little chance that it could have caused a mc, but it would be the not knowing whether you had adversely affected the baby's chances. If I am ever lucky enough to manage to get pregnant again, I will be hanging up my shoes willingly for the following 9 months, not even resuming after the hallowed 12 week scan!

Hi again marathon girl. Good to keep some balance I know. I am thankful that I did not run in my last pregnancy. I know that there is little chance that it could have caused a mc, but it would be the not knowing whether you had adversely affected the baby's chances. If I am ever lucky enough to manage to get pregnant again, I will be hanging up my shoes willingly for the following 9 months, not even resuming after the hallowed 12 week scan!

I second that. If I were to get pregnant, I will immediately cease my daily exercise. I'll even clean out my purse, to lessen the weight :haha:, and avoid taking the stairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->