Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

I am not tempting if you're asking an I taking supplements to up my progesterone. I am taking stuff on my own Chasteberrry and Dong Quai since I read that ups the ante with progesterone. This is all very new to me and my husband. It did not take us long with our little ones even with the first baby we lost. It always happened with less than six months. Now I a wondering if its ever going to happen.

I took another pregregnancy test this morning and it indicated no. How can a doctor tell their patient to wait until next week to get a sono if you are 6 days late. That is the ultimate torture for woman asking us to wait to see if we are pregnant. How can say I did not ovulate I guess because of the blood work he did??? My level was at a very low 2. But he took it at day 23 which I read is not when you're suppose to take it. i read you're suppose to take prog. levels during your ovulation??? What do I know I'm not a doctor. but I can't put my blind faith into him and am going to need answers. All these coversations took place via text to boot!!

Baby dust to everyone who is actively trying......

I am not tempting if you're asking an I taking supplements to up my progesterone. I am taking stuff on my own Chasteberrry and Dong Quai since I read that ups the ante with progesterone. This is all very new to me and my husband. It did not take us long with our little ones even with the first baby we lost. It always happened with less than six months. Now I a wondering if its ever going to happen.

I took another pregregnancy test this morning and it indicated no. How can a doctor tell their patient to wait until next week to get a sono if you are 6 days late. That is the ultimate torture for woman asking us to wait to see if we are pregnant. How can say I did not ovulate I guess because of the blood work he did??? My level was at a very low 2. But he took it at day 23 which I read is not when you're suppose to take it. i read you're suppose to take prog. levels during your ovulation??? What do I know I'm not a doctor. but I can't put my blind faith into him and am going to need answers. All these coversations took place via text to boot!!

Baby dust to everyone who is actively trying......

Just a thought but could your supplements be affecting your AF??

Hi ladies, hope you all well?

Looks like ttc has been put on hold until next month :( dh is so stressed out with, that he has some sort of rash on his body, it is itchy and forms blisters - it is not chicken pox, he has been to the doctor but they dont seem to know what it is :(

Well I did it! Got my bfp yesterday:)
I'm 40 in April... Hoping my age doesn't cause complications?

Hi YGD, I'm not sure I've 'got' your scenario entirely, but I was also thinking the same as Garnet. My understanding of progesterone supplementation is that you take it until AF is due, then take a pregnancy test; if it's positive, it is important to continue with the progesterone throughout the first trimester and if it's negative then stop taking the progesterone so that the levels can fall back naturally and thus bring on AF.

Also, re: when to take the blood test for progesterone. I think this is generally called the day 21 blood test, though this is assuming ovulation took place on day 14 and should therefore be adjusted accordingly if ovulation occurred earlier or later, eg take it on day 20 if you ovulated on day 13 and take it on day 22 if you ovulated on day 15 etc. So how would day 23 fit in with your ovulation date?

Sorry you feel in such limbo and turmoil over this and haven't been particularly well guided by your doctor. I hope the time passes quickly and you get some answers soon :hugs:

Hi YGD, I'm not sure I've 'got' your scenario entirely, but I was also thinking the same as Garnet. My understanding of progesterone supplementation is that you take it until AF is due, then take a pregnancy test; if it's positive, it is important to continue with the progesterone throughout the first trimester and if it's negative then stop taking the progesterone so that the levels can fall back naturally and thus bring on AF.

Also, re: when to take the blood test for progesterone. I think this is generally called the day 21 blood test, though this is assuming ovulation took place on day 14 and should therefore be adjusted accordingly if ovulation occurred earlier or later, eg take it on day 20 if you ovulated on day 13 and take it on day 22 if you ovulated on day 15 etc. So how would day 23 fit in with your ovulation date?

Sorry you feel in such limbo and turmoil over this and haven't been particularly well guided by your doctor. I hope the time passes quickly and you get some answers soon :hugs:

My OB did not prescribe me any supplementation of progesterone yet. I was just taking some herbal remedies until I figure out what the next step was. I read supposedly that Chasteberry and Dong Quai increase production of protgesterone.

The 23rd day of my cycle just happen to be when I went to see him and he decided to do a blood test to check my levels.

I don't want to be redundant because I have another thread going on here but it turns out when I spoke to him the reason I did not get my pd. was specifically due to the clomid?? Which I don't understand so I will have to do a bit of research on that. I did not now Clomid can cause you to miss a period. I never had a problem with ever being on it with my two children...

Oh the baby making process can be so tedious and boring..... :roll:

Baby dust to all......

YG - What do you mean this took place via text? Call me old-fashioned but the just isn't the way to talk about such a serious matter. All I know about progesterone is that you begin it after O and cont. if you have a BFP and d/s if you've got a BFN. Can you find another doc to help you?

Dustar - I'm so sorry about your DH and having to put ttc on hold a month. I have forgotten what CD you're on and if you've had a chance to BD. :hugs:

perfectno# - congrats on your BFP! That's some great news and I wish you a H & H next 9 months. :dust::dust:

YG - What do you mean this took place via text? Call me old-fashioned but the just isn't the way to talk about such a serious matter. All I know about progesterone is that you begin it after O and cont. if you have a BFP and d/s if you've got a BFN. Can you find another doc to help you?

Yes, this took place via text. He uses FB, texting, for quick short answers. I did not think he would text me once he received the awful news of how low my progesterone was that is when he should have called immediately. I don't mind the texting especially when I am on the run with my two little ones.

I am new to this and have no clue what the abbreviations that you are referring to.. BFN, d/s. Evidently it was the Clomid that cause me not to get my period (which I still don't have BTW) and will have to take something in order for me to get it if it does not come naturally and start with a brand new cycle..

I love my doctor and to some it may be not be your style unconventional with the texting, etc. but I think it's quick and convenient for quick resolutions. It was a bad judgement call on his part and he should have called me once the texting went beyond one question. He delivered all my babies and has been with me since I was 20! Besides what doctor can you tell off and get away with it! :winkwink: He knew I was angry with him and called me immediately. I can tell him things that most patients would not be able to. He got me preggos twice and I know he will do it a third with my husband's help too of course...:winkwink:

YGD1 - I understand about the texting fiasco. It sounds like an honest mistake and I'm so happy he took the steps to resolve it with you.
BFN is an abbreviation for Big Fat Negative and it's what is used here in place of the word negative. BFP stands for positive. D/s should have been d/c and I used it to abrreviate discontinue. Sorry for the confusion there.

It sounds like you are in great hands and now that you know you've got low progesterone you can take the steps to resolve it and get preggos now.

Wishing you the best Y :flower::flower:

Looks like that's the end for this time:-(
Bleeding heavily and very lumpy:-(

Hi ladies:hi: I am 42 (43 in may--yuk!) dh42 and dd12 trying for #2 (well at least I am lol)--looking for support to share the ups and downs of ttc as I have no one in real life to confide in :nope: anyway would love to share support with everyone!:hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies:hi: I am 42 (43 in may--yuk!) dh42 and dd12 trying for #2 (well at least I am lol)--looking for support to share the ups and downs of ttc as I have no one in real life to confide in :nope: anyway would love to share support with everyone!:hugs::hugs:

We are all here for you:hugs::hugs: I am 42 as well and 43 in September:wacko: apart from it being harder to conceive I actually like my 40's so far:flower:

Welcome newbies, I hope your stay here is a short one. I am going to be 44 in a week's time and, like marathongirl, apart from the difficulties of ttc, I actually quite like being in my forties! It seems so cruel that I know I am a far better Mummy now that I ever would have made in my twenties or thirties (2 mc at 39, beautiful DS born when I was 40 and mc at 12+2 when I was 42). I genuinely felt young until the last mc, though I know that has aged me; today I met someone I haven't seen for over a year and she said I looked different. When I told her my 'news' she said that I looked sad, maybe that is what has made me feel less alive and more middle aged. Anyway, this is an excellent community - though I rarely venture outside the over 35s board, or more specifically, the TTC over 40s threads (!), - so I can't really speak for the rest of the boards. Things here feel genuine and real and I found that my virtual friends here provided far greater comfort and friendship than my real life friends following my mc and in the months that have followed.

hi can i join please im 43 been ttc 4 for 18 months i have a dd24 ds20 and ds 9 i have tried vitex and soy but no bfp would be nice to have people my age i have made some lovely friends on other threads but feel old compared to them xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->