• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

Well ladies when I was last pregnant with my little boy, I was taking 100mg of Q10, Prenatal vitamin, 12 mg of DHEA, Omega 369 and vitamin D. But unfortunately we got the wrong egg. He did have Trisomy 18. When doing naturally, you really got to pray it is healthy egg that is fertilized. I uppe my Q10 to 300 mg since my D&E in December.

I've heard that you can take up to 600mg. That's what I take although it's quite expensive. I'm so sorry about your loss and it is what makes it so hard at our age to not only conceive but have a healthy baby. When I had my loss at 12 weeks I found out at my 12 weeks nt scan that the baby didn't have a hb but the ob/gyn that did my scan said that the nuchal fold was quite thick which is one indicator of a chromosomal abnormality either T21 or T18. I had my blood drawn the week before and that result also pointed to something not right. I guess we didn't get the right egg either? I'm praying for healthy eggs for all of us:hugs:
U know when I was 41, I thought I could just pop out another one cause my son was just born the year before but it took us almost a year after I turned 41. I thought I had a hormonal issue or low progestrone an that was the reason I lost the other two babies but it could of been chromosomal too. There were two ladies in the 35+ preg. Section that suffered 3 losses or more and went on to have a healthy child at 44 naturallly. One of them said they hit the jackpot and fertilized a healthy egg. That would
be our dream come true.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Also I found that Costco has good quality 300mg Q10 for a reasonable price compared to other brands. I think I paid $17.00 with coupn for 75 pills.

Hi ladies:))

Garnet thks:) I have to take a moment sometimes to remind myself I have done a good job so far. I haven't got my head across all these supplements! I will have to study your posts:)

Katie OMG congrats I am so excited for you:)

Marathongirl I figured you must be a lifetime runner given the miles you are racking up:) I am focusing on building lower body strength and core strength and technique so I run well. It is technically a complex activity isn't it but well worth it. Generally I feel crap for the first 10 minutes or so then I get into it and I start to feel good. I am just going to keep going and hopefully get better at it:)

Hi Mandy thks:) let me know where to email or send the healthy recipes they are great:)

I hope everyone else is doing well. BFP's for everyone is my sincere wish. You all sound like you are wonderful mums or will make wonderful first time mums:)

Madeline xx

Keep it up Madeline! The buzz of running strong is like nothing else and makes you feel generally at one with yourself and with nature. Core strength is a must (particularly as we age!) so you are doing the right thing. Well done and happy running!

Well on Thursday I am starting Soy at 62 mg. a days 5-9 just like Clomid. I got pregnant twice on Soy so gonna try Soy, preseed, and Soft cup. Many people have gotten pregnant on Soy Isoflavins. Hopefully I won't get another UTI like last month. Remember to PEE after sex....Hee Hee!

hi xx i did soy from november to feb 1st 2 cycles were 22 days last cycle 56 also the soy did make bleeding last longer 10 days then spotting for a few days i also got terrible insomnia but fxed it works for you xx

Well ladies when I was last pregnant with my little boy, I was taking 100mg of Q10, Prenatal vitamin, 12 mg of DHEA, Omega 369 and vitamin D. But unfortunately we got the wrong egg. He did have Trisomy 18. When doing naturally, you really got to pray it is healthy egg that is fertilized. I uppe my Q10 to 300 mg since my D&E in December.

I've heard that you can take up to 600mg. That's what I take although it's quite expensive. I'm so sorry about your loss and it is what makes it so hard at our age to not only conceive but have a healthy baby. When I had my loss at 12 weeks I found out at my 12 weeks nt scan that the baby didn't have a hb but the ob/gyn that did my scan said that the nuchal fold was quite thick which is one indicator of a chromosomal abnormality either T21 or T18. I had my blood drawn the week before and that result also pointed to something not right. I guess we didn't get the right egg either? I'm praying for healthy eggs for all of us:hugs:
U know when I was 41, I thought I could just pop out another one cause my son was just born the year before but it took us almost a year after I turned 41. I thought I had a hormonal issue or low progestrone an that was the reason I lost the other two babies but it could of been chromosomal too. There were two ladies in the 35+ preg. Section that suffered 3 losses or more and went on to have a healthy child at 44 naturallly. One of them said they hit the jackpot and fertilized a healthy egg. That would
be our dream come true.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

me too i have 3 children all conceived 1st try my youngest when i was 34 i sooooooooooooooooo took it for granted that it would be easy and here i am coming up to cycle 20 :cry: x

Well on Thursday I am starting Soy at 62 mg. a days 5-9 just like Clomid. I got pregnant twice on Soy so gonna try Soy, preseed, and Soft cup. Many people have gotten pregnant on Soy Isoflavins. Hopefully I won't get another UTI like last month. Remember to PEE after sex....Hee Hee!

hi xx i did soy from november to feb 1st 2 cycles were 22 days last cycle 56 also the soy did make bleeding last longer 10 days then spotting for a few days i also got terrible insomnia but fxed it works for you xx

How much did you take???

80mg x 5 xx it did not suit me i dont think

Yup the thing with all these supplements it works for some while others it doesn't so I suggest onto the next thing if it doesn't work for someone. :flower:

Hi ladies:))

Garnet thks:) I have to take a moment sometimes to remind myself I have done a good job so far. I haven't got my head across all these supplements! I will have to study your posts:)

Katie OMG congrats I am so excited for you:)

Marathongirl I figured you must be a lifetime runner given the miles you are racking up:) I am focusing on building lower body strength and core strength and technique so I run well. It is technically a complex activity isn't it but well worth it. Generally I feel crap for the first 10 minutes or so then I get into it and I start to feel good. I am just going to keep going and hopefully get better at it:)

Hi Mandy thks:) let me know where to email or send the healthy recipes they are great:)

I hope everyone else is doing well. BFP's for everyone is my sincere wish. You all sound like you are wonderful mums or will make wonderful first time mums:)

Madeline xx

thanks Madeline I'll pm you my email address, many thanks xxx

Mandy ~ I've been taking the CoQ10 as well and after a month I've noticed a big difference in my energy. I'm feeling like I did in my 30s again. I don't think it's in my imagination b/c my OH has noticed a big difference too. I no longer drink coffee because I'm feeling great. Mind you I'm taking a ridiculous number of supplements but it was it was about a month after adding the CoQ that began feeling LOADS better! Also, if you look at my chart my bbt temps were a bit higher and I'm wondering if that's an indication of increased metabolism.

MG ~ I take 2000 mg EPO from CD 1 up to O. The month I took it I had great EWCM. I do live around the Denver area. DD has a major crush on Tebow! Hopefully you will get your BFP soon and won't have to be concerned about any of this next month.

Garnet ~ thanks for idea. Maybe I am taking too much. I researched a ton about it 4 months ago and couldn't find a standard of how much to take. I haven't had time to figure this one out so I started again with 200 mg. I hope it's not too much. You did just make me realize that maybe THAT'S the reason I woke up the past 2 nights soaking wet. I don't recall it having that effect the other 3 months. Ohhh....the lovliness of wondering if it's menopause! Yes, let's please all have some lucious healthy eggies!!

Spoomie ~ you're cracking me up about all the supplements! I too am in my final stages. I figure I'll run out of eggs or money eventually. I take the 600 mg CoQ, B6, EPO, Bee pollen, Royal jelly, Prenatals, B12 + folic, vit D, Fish oil, DHEA and soy isoflavones. It's insanity. Fx for a teeny weeny healthy egg (or 2) for all of us.

Madeline ~ great job getting into shape. Makes for an easier pregnancy that's for sure.

MrsP ~ 20 cycles is a long time and I sure hope you get good news very soon. I don't know when I should throw in the towel or if I should start looking into adopting (OH would like us to do this) sooner than later. I'm 45 and most adoption agencies have age cut offs at 45. Gosh does ANYTHING make a woman feel older than this process??

FM.: There is a thread in this area and it might be couple of pages back that outlines how much soy to use and on what days. You might want to check it out. The first time I took soy, I only did 16 mg an the second time I did 32 mg. Days 5-9. Soy affects your estrogen levels and if you get too much you won't get pregnant. Some women are estrogen dominant and take too much it will pretty much prevent them from getting pregnant. Aldo taking Vitex and Soy will pretty much ensure that you don't get pregnant. Good luck.

Thanks Garnet - Yikes. I found lots of women taking 180 - 200mg and getting BFPs so I figured I wouldn't mess around with low doses and just take the higher ones but you're right. We are all built different and what if I'm preventing it with soy! Gads. Too much. Well I'm not doing the vitex so hey I've got that going for me :)

Hi Garnet, Mandy, marathongirl, spoomie, Mrsp, faithmum, Katie

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone... just checking in to say its day 21 and the days are going sooooo slowly. My cycle is 28 days. I just want the testing over with. According to the packet I have I can test 5 days prior so the earliest is this Sunday. YAWN!

Otherwise I hope you guys are all having a great day:) I had an intense workout today I thought my arms were going to fall off lol Pain its just sooo good:)

Thks Spoomie:) just wondering whether you or marathon girl change your eating habits when you run longer distance. Part of my goal is to continue losing weight and I was thinking about eating more frequent meals. Have you have tried this kind of thing?

Madeline xx

PS; I will email you the recipes tonight mandy if you have any food preferences let me know:)

Hi Garnet, Mandy, marathongirl, spoomie, Mrsp, faithmum, Katie

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone... just checking in to say its day 21 and the days are going sooooo slowly. My cycle is 28 days. I just want the testing over with. According to the packet I have I can test 5 days prior so the earliest is this Sunday. YAWN!

Otherwise I hope you guys are all having a great day:) I had an intense workout today I thought my arms were going to fall off lol Pain its just sooo good:)

Thks Spoomie:) just wondering whether you or marathon girl change your eating habits when you run longer distance. Part of my goal is to continue losing weight and I was thinking about eating more frequent meals. Have you have tried this kind of thing?

Madeline xx

PS; I will email you the recipes tonight mandy if you have any food preferences let me know:)
Hello Madeline,
I have a 28 day cycle too sometimes it is a day later or a day earlier. Yippee this my first month that my cycle is somewhat normal since my D&E in December. I was spotting for almost 3 months anMy OB suggested BC pills at my to thicken the lining. No thanks don't want extra hormones. MY regular doctor suggested BC to to prevent pregnancy and I told her can't really get pregnant without assistance. :dohh: hope everyone is doing good.:hugs:

Hi Garnet

cool:) Oh that is great news about your cycle:) Does that mean you can try this cycle?

Madeline xx

Madeline ~ hang in there girl. TGIF so Sunday will be here before you know it! Fx'd for you :flower:

Garnet ~ that is great news. I was once told to drink Cranberry juice to prevent UTIs (I used to be more prone to them) but then I read that it was not effective and in one study women had more UTI's - that just kills me to think of all those months I was downing tons of cranberry juice and I continued to get them...now I'm wondering if it wasn't the juice helping the cause!!

Happy Friday to Everybody :happydance:

I thought they had proved that cranberry juice does work as it has something in it that stops the bacteria sticking to the side of the bladder. Think it helped me anyway :flower:

Madeline ~ hang in there girl. TGIF so Sunday will be here before you know it! Fx'd for you :flower:

Garnet ~ that is great news. I was once told to drink Cranberry juice to prevent UTIs (I used to be more prone to them) but then I read that it was not effective and in one study women had more UTI's - that just kills me to think of all those months I was downing tons of cranberry juice and I continued to get them...now I'm wondering if it wasn't the juice helping the cause!!

Happy Friday to Everybody :happydance:

Cranberry crap has never helped me at all. I did get some D mannose at the vitamin shoppe and that is what Dr. Oz suggested so I'm giving it try. It is safe even when you are pregnant. I think you can get at whole foods too. My doctor even suggested it...:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->