Is there anyone who is in there 40's ttc?

FYI (as we're in Singapore where TCM is all around us) TCM can be herbal remedies or different types of acupuncture.

I'm currently doing acupuncture with moxibustion and electric stim.

But...TCM is questionable about helping with egg quality, it may server to help with adhesion following IVF once the fertilized egg(s) is/are returned to the womb. I'd like to hear what other members have heard about this.

Our doctor recommended acupuncture, but not the herbs during the IVF schedule, only ok before and after. The stuff is awful to put down, smelly and thick tea once or twice a day.

Moxibustion is where they place a burnable material on top of the acupuncture needles once they are stuck in, then lit where they glow like embers. Electo stimumlation is when they put clips on the needles and pump a low current through them. Both moxibustion and the electro are used to aid stimulation of the nerves.

In my sessions I get both done, the session lasts about 45 minutes.

I also wanted to add that I know someone that went through IVF and she took all the supplements went on healthy diet and all and she had her eggs harvested, fertilized, and tested and of the 9 eggs they harvested only 1 egg was viable. She was in her 40s too. She did end up having a healthy baby. She is going to do the same thing soon but she has to do it quick because she turns 44 soon.

Wow that just seems so unfair. I am reading a book right now very insightful it's called the Infertlity cure all about TCM. Here is a quote from the book, sorry it'd a bit long.
"Through TCM, we can help direct the body's attention to the midbrain, pituitary, ovaries and uterus, as well as create the spiritual, mental, and emotional health required to produce healthy eggs, provide appropriate conditions for their fertilization, and foster a welcoming environment in the uterus do the egg may be implanted, grow into a fetus, and be carried to term."
What is TCM¿
Traditional Chinese Medecine

Hi guys

thks Garnet and MG:)

MG I didn't think IB because I guess I read that it only happens to a few people so I thought it was far fetched maybe. but i guess its not impossible...I tested yesterday though and gift BFN. If it were IB wouldn't it have shown up? I haven't got AF yet I thought I would get it today but all I got instead was some serious nausea and dizziness. I am thinking I have a virus coming on...fabulous...Weather has been up and down here but the nights are definitely getting colder I think we r in for an early winter..I wonder if flu can change the length of your cycle? I expect to get AF in the next day or two.

Garnet, I refuse to believe that you will not have good news soon, I think it was Voltaire who said "chance favours the prepared" and you are certainly prepared and doing all the right things:)

Baby dust to everyone xx

Madeline xx

morning all xx well cd 18 and woke up to full blown af :cry: thats the shortest 1 yet my body is officially f****d x

I am sorry mrsp d u think stress could be a contributing factor? I have been thinking about whether just focusing constantly on this whole process could create sufficient stress to affect hormones.

Madeline xx

"Chance favours the prepared" I love that!
It's cd9 for me today, cbfm swallowed my first stick thus morn and igot a high, also can see start of second line on the stick fx I get a peak on cd 14.... Rather than anytime after cd17! If I'm out this cycle its onto Clomid.. then IVF...
Mrsp big hugs...are you taking anything to.lenghthen your L p? I think vitamin b lengthens lp, from reading on here previously.xx

"Chance favours the prepared" I love that!
It's cd9 for me today, cbfm swallowed my first stick thus morn and igot a high, also can see start of second line on the stick fx I get a peak on cd 14.... Rather than anytime after cd17! If I'm out this cycle its onto Clomid.. then IVF...
Mrsp big hugs...are you taking anything to.lenghthen your L p? I think vitamin b lengthens lp, from reading on here previously.xx

hi all im not taking anything only folic acid my last cycle was 56 days i only finished 12 days ago xx

Garnet - did she conceive with that one good egg, or from further ttc?

I also wanted to add that I know someone that went through IVF and she took all the supplements went on healthy diet and all and she had her eggs harvested, fertilized, and tested and of the 9 eggs they harvested only 1 egg was viable. She was in her 40s too. She did end up having a healthy baby. She is going to do the same thing soon but she has to do it quick because she turns 44 soon.

Yes one good egg.:thumbup:

Hello and new here, and over 40.

Our experience is this:

Underwent a FSH about a year and a half ago, to ensure the fallopian tubes were clear, and had to have a polyp removed. We then proceeded with 3 IUIs, and when they didn't work, IVFs. Had our 3rd IVF last week, and it was unsuccessful.

The first IVF no mature eggs were recovered, so there was no attempt at fertilization; the second IVF there were two mature eggs, one fertilized, it was transferred back, but it didn't take; this third IVF of 13 eggs retrieved only 2 were mature and neither fertilized.

So....am desperately looking for ways to improve egg quality.

The doctor said further IVFs would be to only play on hope. He said there were other, alternative 'unproven' methods we could consider. He mentioned Human Growth Hormone, and DHEA.

I'm here to learn more.
Welcome and love to hear your thoughts and ideals.:hugs:

Hi guys

thks Garnet and MG:)

MG I didn't think IB because I guess I read that it only happens to a few people so I thought it was far fetched maybe. but i guess its not impossible...I tested yesterday though and gift BFN. If it were IB wouldn't it have shown up? I haven't got AF yet I thought I would get it today but all I got instead was some serious nausea and dizziness. I am thinking I have a virus coming on...fabulous...Weather has been up and down here but the nights are definitely getting colder I think we r in for an early winter..I wonder if flu can change the length of your cycle? I expect to get AF in the next day or two.

Garnet, I refuse to believe that you will not have good news soon, I think it was Voltaire who said "chance favours the prepared" and you are certainly prepared and doing all the right things:)

Baby dust to everyone xxy

Madeline xx
My motto is hope and pray for the best and prepare for the worst. :flower:

I went to Costco yesterday and bought 300mgsQ10 75 dosage for 17.00. Good price for high dosage.

I went to Costco yesterday and bought 300mgsQ10 75 dosage for 17.00. Good price for high dosage.

hi garnet what is q10 for ive not heard ov that xx

Hi COQ10 . There is a whole thread on it in 35ttc . It helps with egg quality. I was told by FS to take it while TTC. However I was thinking of IVF at the time but instead tried it naturally.:flower:

Hello out there Ladies!! Anything new happening??

Hello ladies. Nothing new here just waiting to finish af. I will feel better once I know she is gone. It's rainy and icky weather which doesn't do much for your mood either.

Garnet-that's a great price for coQ10! Wow I just never go to costco and have been paying 33$ for a bottle of 60 and taking 6 a day. I will go broke during this whole ttc process!

Mrsp- you definitely need to get your cycle back to normal. Check out a TCM doctor. If nothing else they can get your cycle back to normal.

Madeline- Idk the nausea and dizziness sound promising to me. how many dpo are you?

Mandy- Hope you o soon!!

Hi Ladies ...I am a true believer that one should never give up until all options are exhausted ...:flower:....I am currently 44 years old and ttc baby number 6. I have Girls (25,23,20,) and a boy (18) and a 10 month old little girl. I got my tubes reversed after having them clamped for 17 years and due to age and time tubes were clamped and the damage the clamp s had done to one of my tubes . I was given only a 35 % chance of conceiving and high possibilities of all the horrible stuff happening to my pregnancy due to my age ......apparently .However....I conceived 8 weeks later and after bad blood results from my nucal testing and age factored in too I was given a 1:4 chance (Down Syndrome)....(I Didn't get CVS as I wouldn't have terminated anyway :).. I gave birth ...NO COMPLICATIONS ..ON MY DUE DATE....NATURAL BIRTH.....NO PAIN RELIEF ....to a very health no abnormalities little girl at 8lb 4 oz.So sometimes you just have to take your chances and hope for the best...I have just days ago decided to try to conceive a little play mate for our daughter. It may not be as easy this time but I am going to give it a go anyway. :flower:

Hi Ladies ...I am a true believer that one should never give up until all options are exhausted ...:flower:....I am currently 44 years old and ttc baby number 6. I have Girls (25,23,20,) and a boy (18) and a 10 month old little girl. I got my tubes reversed after having them clamped for 17 years and due to age and time tubes were clamped and the damage the clamp s had done to one of my tubes . I was given only a 35 % chance of conceiving and high possibilities of all the horrible stuff happening to my pregnancy due to my age ......apparently .However....I conceived 8 weeks later and after bad blood results from my nucal testing and age factored in too I was given a 1:4 chance (Down Syndrome)....(I Didn't get CVS as I wouldn't have terminated anyway :).. I gave birth ...NO COMPLICATIONS ..ON MY DUE DATE....NATURAL BIRTH.....NO PAIN RELIEF ....to a very health no abnormalities little girl at 8lb 4 oz.So sometimes you just have to take your chances and hope for the best...I have just days ago decided to try to conceive a little play mate for our daughter. It may not be as easy this time but I am going to give it a go anyway. :flower:

Wow thanks for posting. You give me hope at 42 that it will happen. I sure hope you get your BFP soon and have your 6th healthy child:flower:

Congratulations miki,thank you for sharing. Did you take any form of supplements before falling pregnant..?

Wow great news!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->