is this normal?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by welshprincess, Apr 2, 2011.

1. welshprincess

welshprincess mum of 3 handsome boys

hey all my little one as not been poo poo for 3 days which i am not worried over cause he just went now, but his poo was thick paste like and a horrible colour green. Is this normal? at moment he is being combi fed breast and formila because i on antibiotics and he not overly fussed on boob at the moment. His poo is normally yellowy and quite runny so this green stuff as got me worried

2. sept2010

sept2010 Mummy and expecting

Not sure abt the colour.. But pastiness sounds normal if lo hasnt pooed for few days.. Ive heard formula fed babies can hav green poo? Im nt sure hun as im only bfing mayb sum1 combi feedin has better advice.. Didnt want to read n run xx

3. welshprincess

welshprincess mum of 3 handsome boys

thanks anyway hun

4. Leanne27

Leanne27 Mum to Olivia & Isla & TTC no 3 with new partner.

I could have written this post!!! so will be interested in people's answers. My HV did tell me some babies just have green poo though but was still a bit worried.

5. AlwaysPraying

AlwaysPraying Mom of two!

My boy was only formula until we weaned and he always pooed thick and green. I wouldn't worry especially because it took so many days to go. I'm sure it'll get to normal again.

6. adamskatie

adamskatie Well-Known Member

My LO had a thick pasty green poo a couple of weeks ago (FF and normally runny, seedy, browny yellow in colour) and I mentioned it to the doctor on the 8 week check up and she said that he could have had a little tummy bug

7. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Could be a tummy bug, teething or too much fore milk from BF? May be linked to your antibiotics and the move to more FF too?

It is pretty common - if it continues for a week or so, maybe speak to doc or HV?

8. blinkybaby

blinkybaby Well-Known Member

My LO is on antibiotics for a blocked gland in his testicle and his poo is a bit greeny - I think it might be the antibiotics passing from you into him causing his tummy a little bit of upset. Louie's bowels are all over the place since he's been on his medicine - he went about 6 times a day on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday then nothing since! Waiting for an explosion now... xxx