Is this what I think it Is?! UPDATE PG 5

I agree with cupcake, my DH reacted like this as well the laughing I laughed with him we seemed a little whacko but I couldn't read him so I asked him flat out are you mad? Are you ok with this? He said I'm surprised its unexpected and we said we were done but I'm excited a baby is always exciting but that was moments later I frozen for a minute

I asked him today and he is not mad. He asked me why he would be mad lol. He's probably thrown off as this baby was incredibly unplanned lol

Thank you ladies for all the support! ❤

That’s great! So happy for you. Hope you have a happy pregnancy :)

Glad he was supportive :) it's so nerve wracking when it isn't planned isn't it!

That's good, I didn't think he would be angry. Congratulations :)

So when I took my daughter to the doctor's on Saturday, I advised my doctor that I got a positive test and what to do about scheduling an appointment and do bloodwork (my mom works in reception at my doctor's office-- trying to avoid her finding out as we haven't told anyone).
So I took the bloodwork on Sunday and my doctor called me this morning with the results.. she questioned if my dates of my LMP were correct-- I told her that I do have long cycles (between 34-36 days). She said the numbers of by Beta were low. She told me to do another set of bloodwork over the weekend to see if they had doubled.

She is unsure if we caught the pregnancy very early (I had EWCM on January 30th so I liked conceived Jan 31-Feb 1.. this is exactly what happened when I conceived my daughter) OR if there is a complication with the pregnancy.
Thought I would update you guys..I am thinking positively right now.

What date did you have your first positive? How low numbers are doesn't really matter, its the pattern of the number that's important xx

What date did you have your first positive? How low numbers are doesn't really matter, its the pattern of the number that's important xx

I got my first faint positive on Feb 12th, confirmed 1-2 weeks pregnant on DIGI on Feb 14th.
I just hope they go up when I found out next Monday.

My doctor never said what the number was.. all she said was that it was low for what my LMP was. My LMP was January 4th but I got the positive on February 12th, which is over a month.
She thinks we have detected an early pregnancy. I told her that my cycles were long (based on when I got my EWCM and my BFP-- I would've O'd the last few days of January).

I think if you ovulated towards the end of January, bearing in mind you don't know precisely when implantation happened (and it can happen quite late sometimes), your numbers probably aren't low and probably do reflect your long cycles and ovulation dates. Doctors don't seem to take this into account, they only seem to look at lmp and go from that instead, which isn't really an accurate way to do it

Hi everyone..another update.
My results came in this morning and my doctor said the numbers are where they are supposed to be with how pregnant I am. Again, they don't go too much in detail because then I'd have to book an appointment.

Hey! Congratulations! My bf had a similar reaction. I told him when I got a very faint positive and he was.. nervous. Then when I showed him the BFP with a much darker line he was like FFS. Not planned, timing isn't the absolute best. But he just needed five minutes to get over the shock.
Was a shock to me too to be honest, but I guess as it's our own bodies we get a little bit more notice as we're like 'hmm am I late? shall I go buy a test?' etc and we're generally a little bit more mentally prepared for a possible BFP I guess!

We've got the same LMP date! 4th Jan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"