• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

is/was your LO a really bad sleeper? support and advise thread!

Oh, sorry everyone, false alarm.
The twins slept amazing the first week in their new room.
Now they are back to waking every couple hours, hah! I don't know what the heck it is.
Now we're all sick with a cold and lastnight they kept me up till 3am and then we were up at 6am for the day.... BRUTAL.

oh no
:hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies,I'm back online now I'm back from my family trip to Ireland:thumbup:
sadly the good old Irish country air didn't work any magic on Lucy's sleep:haha: she slept ok to be fair, but nothing amazing.
Sorry to see we are all still on here,suffering with various stages of sleeplessness:dohh:

Gemma, we must try and meet up again soon:thumbup:

:hugs:

Hey ladies, sorry to hear your all still having a tough time.

Alex's sleep hasn't been great lately, and he seems to have one night a week where he is determind to keep my whole road awake, but on average, WAY better thank he was!!!

Yes claire definitely!! Fancy Staines again?
I can only do Saturday or Sundays at the mo because of work :)

Hey ladies, sorry to hear your all still having a tough time.

Alex's sleep hasn't been great lately, and he seems to have one night a week where he is determind to keep my whole road awake, but on average, WAY better thank he was!!!

Yes claire definitely!! Fancy Staines again?
I can only do Saturday or Sundays at the mo because of work :)

Hi Gemma, sounds good to me! let me know when is good for you?
xx

This weekend and next weekend I'm free, then weekend 25th may I'm free, then end of June xx

Just came across this article about ayurvedic body types in children and thought you ladies might find it interesting. My LO fits the 'Vata' type perfectly. Maybe this explains her terrible sleep.

https://www.getbalance.co.nz/ayurveda/2012/herbal-remedies-for-kids-know-your-child%E2%80%99s-dosha-know-your-child/

Just came across this article about ayurvedic body types in children and thought you ladies might find it interesting. My LO fits the 'Vata' type perfectly. Maybe this explains her terrible sleep.

https://www.getbalance.co.nz/ayurveda/2012/herbal-remedies-for-kids-know-your-child%E2%80%99s-dosha-know-your-child/

thanks mrshedgehog!
mine is a 'pitta' :winkwink:

are you looking into alternative medicine for sleep? i was actually discussing this with my mum right now!

I was looking for alternative remedies for constipation as LO has been suffering a lot recently. I kind of think it's related to her sleep though. I'm hoping that with a really strict routine and a few changes to her diet we may sort out both problems.

Is it CIO if I leave LO screaming to sleep with DH? I've been having difficulty getting LO to go down to sleep. If we get at all off schedule and I miss her sleepy window even by a few minutes then she is a nightmare to go down. If everything is perfect, she's napped for the right amount of time at the right time, woke up at the right time and I get her to bed at the right time then she goes to sleep really easily. Some night it's impossible though and she'll be up for 2 hours past her usual bedtime. Tonight I couldn't take it anymore so I gave up and asked DH to get her to sleep. She screamed for about 10minutes and now it seems to have gone quiet. I feel terrible though.

Is it CIO if I leave LO screaming to sleep with DH? I've been having difficulty getting LO to go down to sleep. If we get at all off schedule and I miss her sleepy window even by a few minutes then she is a nightmare to go down. If everything is perfect, she's napped for the right amount of time at the right time, woke up at the right time and I get her to bed at the right time then she goes to sleep really easily. Some night it's impossible though and she'll be up for 2 hours past her usual bedtime. Tonight I couldn't take it anymore so I gave up and asked DH to get her to sleep. She screamed for about 10minutes and now it seems to have gone quiet. I feel terrible though.

:hugs::hugs:
I'd feel terrible too, but I do not think that's CIO at all. :hugs:

I am not having a good day either. LO spent most of the night glued to my boob... He's ok during the week, but during the weekends he's constantly demanding milk! he seems worse than a newborn! :dohh:
I feel I am doing what I think it's right for him re. extended BF etc, but I am not too sure anymore? I mean sometimes it feels he's a bit too dependent/reliant on it? I would hate having to wean him for that reason :nope:

LO spent most of the night glued to my boob... He's ok during the week, but during the weekends he's constantly demanding milk! he seems worse than a newborn! :dohh:
I feel I am doing what I think it's right for him re. extended BF etc, but I am not too sure anymore? I mean sometimes it feels he's a bit too dependent/reliant on it? I would hate having to wean him for that reason :nope:

My twins (especially Milena) seem very dependent on the boob. So much so that I can't just put them back to sleep when they wake, they DEMAND I nurse them and it's a pretty hard habit to break.
Most nights I have a nipple in someone's mouth all night and it's VERY hard on me, because not only am I woken up ten thousand times, I don't have a restful, comfortable sleep and my skin goes through bouts of being chapped.
Don't know what to do though. The other option is screaming fits and that's not fun for anyone.

I wish!!

I can't complain though really as LO is having a decent stretch of 5-6 hours on most nights. For the first 2 hours or so she sleeps in her cot. When she wakes the first time I put her back in the cot. Sometimes she'll sleep for another hour, sometimes she'll be awake again after 20mins. After the second waking I bring her into bed with me and then she'll have a 5-6 hour stretch. Then for the last few hours she wakes at least every hour but sometimes every half an hour until she's up for the day. Last night I tried closing the shutters to keep the room darker in the morning as it's usually from when it starts to get light that she starts waking up more. It seemed to help as she slept sounder in the early morning. I just wish I could get her to do a longer stretch in her cot but she won't last more than 2-3 hours. If I keep trying to put her back in her cot she just keeps waking up every 20mins after taking 20mins to resettle. It's so much easier just to bring her into bed with me. It's strange because she actually goes into her cot really happily for naps and for the first part of the night and often even asks to go into her cot. From around midnight on though she wants to be in my bed.

How is everyone else?

Can I join here??

My lo was 1 last week, and I'm still lucky to get 3 hrs sleep a night. We are up every hour, hour and half, with usually a 2 or 3 hour awake time. Does that class as bad?

Thanks

I wish!!

I can't complain though really as LO is having a decent stretch of 5-6 hours on most nights. For the first 2 hours or so she sleeps in her cot. When she wakes the first time I put her back in the cot. Sometimes she'll sleep for another hour, sometimes she'll be awake again after 20mins. After the second waking I bring her into bed with me and then she'll have a 5-6 hour stretch. Then for the last few hours she wakes at least every hour but sometimes every half an hour until she's up for the day. Last night I tried closing the shutters to keep the room darker in the morning as it's usually from when it starts to get light that she starts waking up more. It seemed to help as she slept sounder in the early morning. I just wish I could get her to do a longer stretch in her cot but she won't last more than 2-3 hours. If I keep trying to put her back in her cot she just keeps waking up every 20mins after taking 20mins to resettle. It's so much easier just to bring her into bed with me. It's strange because she actually goes into her cot really happily for naps and for the first part of the night and often even asks to go into her cot. From around midnight on though she wants to be in my bed.

How is everyone else?

5-6hrs stretches?! I think you're ready to leave this thread! :winkwink:
do you know what made the difference?

no progress for us. we had a couple of relatively good nights followed by nights where LO just wanted to comfort suck all night :wacko:
as you know by my other thread, he seems to have increased his milk intake both day and night now :shrug:

oh, well :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->