is/was your LO a really bad sleeper? support and advise thread!

Oh Gemma, I've just seen this! Congratulations!!

He's absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad he's a chilled out baby, you definitely deserve one :flower::hugs:

Thanks Lisa!
When are you due? Are you going to find out what your having? How are you feeling? Xx

Congratulations Gemma, he looks wonderful! Very pleased to hear he's so chilled out and sleepy :happydance:

Oh Gemma congratulations, he is adorable! But then so is your lovely Alex! So glad you got a relaxed baby this time and I am sure he will get the hang of night and day soon.
Many hugs and best wishes :)

Hi, can I ask, without reading the whole thread, at what point are these sleep issues improving, and how? We're 12 months in and she wakes every 2 hours if we're lucky, nurses back to sleep :-\

For us it was a bit of sleep training that finally helped. Dominic used to wake every 45 minutes and need rocking back to sleep. If we got a stretch of 2 hours sleep we'd high-five each other. We did a sort of crying-it-out where we stayed in the room with him but did not pick him up. It took literally 3 nights of this and he started only waking for his nightly bottles of which he still had two at 10 months. We weaned him off his 4am bottle by diluting it with water more and more till he no longer woke for it. He dropped his 12am bottle by himself one night and from then on sttn. He was about 11 months.
If you want a gentle approach to sleep training (and night weaning possibly) I'd recommend Pantley's No Cry Solution.
Good luck!

Thanks Lisa!
When are you due? Are you going to find out what your having? How are you feeling? Xx

I'm due in September, probably early sept as I'll be having an elective section due to complications due to having Crohn's disease.

I'm definitely going to find out the sex, I'm WAY too impatient to wait :haha:I really have no preference this time, I'll be overjoyed with either so long as they're healthy.

I've had a rough ride with the ms so far...had it with DS but it has lasted longer this time. Am also generally exhausted but I think that's par for the course with a toddler to look after anyway.

I'm so happy for you, what a gorgeous family. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that my next is an excellent sleeper but I'm not holding out too much hope. At least it won't be so much of a shock this time around though. :wacko: How are you coping with two?

Oh bless you, pregnancy second time around I harder I think, especially with a toddler! I just wanted to sleep 24/7.....until 3rd trimester when I was too uncomfortable to sleep! I was more poorly myself with this pregnancy with bleeding and dizziness between 12 weeks and 16, then had a suspected stroke in December at 28 weeks. I also had a permanent cold/sulu is problems from about 6 weeks that STILL Haven't gone away as symptoms are related to allergys and I can't take antihistamines!

Alex is still in nursery full time, so it's not really an issue coping with the two at the mo, as most of the time Alex is here, OH is here to help as well. Alex loves Matthew but he hadn't got to grasps with the word 'gentle' yet lol. He's more like a bull in a china shop!!

Matthews just so more laid back than Alex, but then I guess I am too. With Alex I picked him up on the slightest whimper and didn't put him down till her was asleep. I can't physically do that with two kids to look after so sometimes Matthew has to wait. Don't know if that actually does make a difference as the differences were apparent in the hospital. When Alex was in Nicu they would phone my ward for me to go settle him.
In hospital this time the birth and everything was a lot smoother, and the nurses nade me wake Matthew for feeds!!!

Oooooh exciting! September will be here before you know it! Let us know how your scan goes! :)

My son has always been a terrible sleeper and still isn't a good sleeper by any means :lol:

Up until 18 months he woke up at least 8-12 times a night. Then up until 2 years, it was about 5-8 times a night, and now at nearly 2 1/2 he still wakes up around 4-5 times a night on a good night (sometimes it's still 8+ times). He has never STTN, and I don't think he ever will :lol:

Yikes how awful! I can completely sympathise! There's is a reason why sleep deprivation is used as a method of torture!!! Hope things improve soon ladies x

wanted to share with you ladies -

I thought it would never ever happen but my LO sttn for the first time in 27months!!!! :yipee::yipee:
he went down before 9pm and woke up this morning at 6am
I, on the other hand, was so shocked couldn't sleep! :dohh:
I know that it is probably just a one off, but at least gives me hope!

now, Lucy - you can do it too! :winkwink:

Whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!! How amazing!!!!!! Well done Gael!!! Let's hope it's a permanent change and you can get some rest! :)

Alex has reverted to bring a demon again and Wednesday night was still messing around being naughty and wanting to play at 1.30am!!! Grrrrr
Lots of people keep saying its a jealousy thing, but I really don't think it is. He's out of routine as we've just been on hols (and going again to haven with my nan a week Saturday) and he thinks he's missing out on fun by going to sleep?
Matthew is sleeping fantastically, waking every 2 hours for a feed and a few 4 or 6 hour stretches thrown in every now and again.
I'm up more with Alex than I am with Matthew!
That said he stayed with my SIL last night as I was so tired I was verging on seeing pink hippos dancing!
She said he crashed at 7.
At 8.30 she heard a thud followed by little footsteps and she opened the door to her bedroom to find him outside 'hi mima, we go play toys?'. She said 'no, back to bed'. Which shocking he did as he was told!!
He woke twice more at 9.30 and 11.30 asking for a dummy and a bottle of milk.
Then woke himself up at 5.30am coughing and got in her bed and slept till 7.30!

Every time we get his sleeping back on track something happens to throw his routine off! If my nan wasn't so excited about the holiday I think we'd cancel :-/

wow kosh that is excellent and yes it shows he can do it and I really really hope there will be more and more such nights! I am so pleased for you. First night my Dominic did this, I hardly slept either cause I kept expecting to be called lol
Sleepy dust to you all!

thanks gemma, thanks angel
well I don't think it's a permanent change as he was up several times last night, but hey, I knew that'd be the case
I'm just glad he did it at least once :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"