is/was your LO a really bad sleeper? support and advise thread!

gemma - great news about your OH's job!! and even better news about Alex's sleep!!

mrshedgehog - wow, 8 hours?!! what a birthday present!!

clairey - will get there one day!! :hugs:

Wow I've been away from the forum for a few months and I came back and had to take a peak in the sleep group! I'm happy for all those who's babies finally STTN and I'm also glad we're not the only one who hasn't done it yet! haha. We are still BFing and bedsharing, he's usually up a couple times a night but I really don't fully wake up so it's like we STTN? lol

Glad everyone is doing well!!

I would settle for a couple of wakes a night!!! That def would feel like sttn for me!! Lol
Xx

Phoebe is worse than ever lol, maybe 3 will be the magic age for her to start sleeping better!

:hi:

It's been AGES! How is everyone? Perfect sleepers? :winkwink:

I've been thinking about this group lately. Just found out I'm pregnant again and the memories of horrendous nights have flooded back (we still have the occasional horrendous night with LO, don't get me wrong, but only occasionally thank goodness).

How are you all doing? Kosh, have you worked out the ultimate sleep plan? Can I buy it from you for the next one :winkwink::haha:

Xx

Lisa! Great to hear from you and congratulations on your pregnancy!!
I wish I had worked out anything about sleep lol
LO is doing slightly better I think but he is still far far away from being a good sleeper....
Just last night he was awake from 4 till 5:30....remember those? :winkwink:
but anyway, he is gorgeous and he'll get there one day.....!
Xxx

Thank you :flower:

Oh yes I remember those days...vividly. I promise not to complain about anything less than horrendous sleep :winkwink:

Surely I'll get a sleeper this time? Surely?!

Xx

Thank you :flower:

Oh yes I remember those days...vividly. I promise not to complain about anything less than horrendous sleep :winkwink:

Surely I'll get a sleeper this time? Surely?!

Xx

Yes, you will!!

Congrats on baby no2 Lisa!
I reckon you're due a sleeper!:thumbup:
Xx

Congratulations Lisa!

We're having pretty good nights on the whole. Only 2 wake ups most nights, one around 2am when she comes into our bed and goes straight back to sleep then again around 7am when she has a breastfeed then goes back to sleep for another couple of hours. We still have the occasional horrible nights but that's usually if she hasn't eaten much at dinner. We find that giving her supper before bed helps her sleep better.

Evening ladies!!

Congrats Lisa!! You must be over the moon!!

Hope things get better for the rest of you ladies very soon!

My son is now the laziest baby around and sleeps for Britain, so there's hope for you all yet!
Just keep thinking....karma! Payback can be a bitch.....and you can get your own back by screaming outside their doors at 6am when they are 18 and just strolled in from a club 😉

Alex is being an angel.....I only the other hand can't sleep for toffee! Was up until 4.30 this morning....just couldn't sleep as I was in pain and uncomfortable. Alarm went off at 6.30 and I could have cried.
Still, I'd best get used to it as baby boy #2 is due on 24th feb. however I'm booked in for an induction on 10th feb, but my consultant is very hopefull I will go naturally before then. So could be any day now!!!
Then my sleep troubles will start alllllll over again😱😖😃

Wishing you ladies lots of sleepy dust :D

I've heard the news gemma - congratulations!!!!!!
:happydance::baby::happydance::baby:
hope you are all doing great!
xxx

Thanks kosh! We are over the moon! Once I can figure out how to put photos on here from my photo I'll introduce you all properly to baby Matthew :)
Xx

Congratulations Gemma!! How wonderful! I hope it went all well and you are all doing ok? xx

Congratulations Gemma! Lovely news, hope you're all doing ok and are home soon xx

Hi, can I ask, without reading the whole thread, at what point are these sleep issues improving, and how? We're 12 months in and she wakes every 2 hours if we're lucky, nurses back to sleep :-\

My son improved at around 14 months. He went from waking anywhere between every 45 mins to 2 hours, to suddenly sleeping through 14 hours as well as having a nap. Around the same time there were changes.....
-I went back to work and OH became a SAHD, so he was going to Alex at nighttime (I just did on weekends).
- I stopped breastfeeding. Although it was only a little comfort feeding at night by this point really.
- he started walking, so I guess he was tiring himself out more.

We realised he wasn't happy with his bedtime routine. I'd take him in and leave a night light on and cuddle him to sleep and read him a story or whatever.

He's now 2 years and 2 months and sleep has got a bit worse, in that he's fighting going to bed, and started getting up earlier at 6/7 instead of his usual 9.30, but my nan is to blame for that as when she stayed in jan, she woke him up early to play every day grrrrr
His nap has also dropped to 45 - 60 mins, but I guess it could be his age and needing less sleep or it could be because he is scared of missing something as he wants to play with his toys and new brother. Who knows!

However we figured out we needed to keep it simple and he needs silence and a dark room (we bought a gro-blind) and he likes to go to bed alone or he mucks about with you. Now we go in and tuck him in with Mickey Mouse, kiss him and say good night and he says 'night mummy, love you. Out - close the door!' And we leave and he's usually asleep by the time we've got to the bottom of the stairs lol!! I know where I'm not wanted ha ha!!! He kicks me out every night!!! Lol
We make sure we stick to his 7pm bedtime, but now he's in nursery full time he often asks to go to bed earlier at 6/6.30.

Hope things get better for you too very soon!

Ladies! I just realised I forgot pics!! Baby Matthew was born on Tuesday 11/02/2014, at 7.45am. We were told he was 7lb 5oz. But while I was being nosy and looking at my notes I saw he was actually 7lb 8oz lol! :haha:
He is the polar opposite to Alex, who screamed 24/7 and never slept longer that 45 mins. Matthew barely cries, literally only when I change his nappy and a little bleat when he's hungry. And he sleeps for Britain. He sleeps better in the day but about ever hour and a half to two hours in the night, which is easily manageable after Alex!!! :thumbup:

So for those of you scared of trying for a second - go for it! No too babies are the same :happydance::thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1
Argh will only let me do one pic a post lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4