It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Hey girlies!

Hope we're all keeping safe in the snow. We had a fair bit overnight, so the furthest I've ventured is to the local Spar and back! I'm always nervous about driving in snow. We were meant to be going to the Chelsea game in London tomorrow but it's been called off, so that saves us having to make a decision as to whether to drive down there or not. So, it's a pjs and dvds weekend for us :)

Had the booking appointment with the midwife yesterday which was fine- she's really lovely. I now have a maternity record :happydance: Nothing much else happening now until the scan- I'm wishing time away! I'm going to tell my sisters on Christmas Day, albeit earlier than I'd like to because I won't be seeing them again until Easter and I really want to tell them face to face.

Ooh, should just say- welcome Mayhem :flower: I'm sure you'll feel right at home in this thread- everyone is absolutely lovely :thumbup:

Morning ladies :hi:

Well, we've certainly got the snow now :cold: It's put a few inches down and is still throwing it down. It's my work Christmas Do tonight and it's a fair drive for us so bit worried about getting there :wacko: If we do go, we'll just go for the meal and then come away, weather is too bad to stay late. Plus neither of us are feeling 100% either (although I feel a bit better today).

I think this weather is very christmassy but it's a pain when you can't get anywhere. I'm supposed to be going over to my brother's tomorrow with my mum to take their pressies, as we won't be seeing them then until Boxing Day when they are due to come over. At least I haven't got work until Thursday now though :thumbup:

Donna, when is AF due? I'm expecting her for me on Christmas Eve - lovely :dohh:

i thought she should have been here this morning but nothing yet

Morning ladies

Any news Mama?

Hope we all had a lovely weekend? I had fun playing in the snow, but wasn't very constructive - which means this week is gonna be busy, busy, busy!

My bump has settled down, seems to be a nice size and shape for now. Nausea has worn off and hunger has retreated! Maybe this is the start of the pleasant 2nd tri? I fell last night though, which worried me at the time, but I landed on my bum and believe the little one to be pretty well padded inside me so not too nervous.

How is the snow affecting y'all?

Cx

Good morning ladies, hope everyone had a good weekend. It's really icy here today! Took me ages to walk into work and I live at the top of a steep hill so it's a bit tricky to get about. We had a bit of snow but nothing like you girls up country. They are forecasting a heavy snowfall for us today but we'll wait and see.

ohhh still throwing it down with snow here, can't even tell the kerb from the road, its all one level.

Sounds exciting! You be careful Toots.

Any word on your spermies?

Hi Ladies!!!

I've been reading about all the snow your all having across the pond there....YIKES!! I really HATE snow, hehe. Actually, I hate DRIVING in the snow, haha.

How much did you all get?? We were supposed to get a big storm this weekend here in NY and nothing ever came to be (thank god)

Hi Ladies :flower:

How are we all? Stina, you be careful falling over like that! Was it outside in the snow?

I've not got work until Thursday and OH off all week so we're going to have a chilling day today, probably not going to go anywhere :thumbup: Poor OH is still coughing so has booked another docs appointment for tomorrow, it's been lingering ages now :nope:

We've had some worrying news in the family yesterday. My mum's youngest brother, my uncle, is in intensive care in an induced coma. So we're pretty worried about him and my mum is heading down to Poole where he lives, with her other brothers and my nan. No-one seems exactly sure what has happened to him but there was talk of a fall and him hitting his head :nope: Just hope he's ok. Waiting to here more x

Morning ladies, how's everyone coping with the weather? It's bitterly cold here but at least it's dry. I'm still not prepared for Christmas! Gotta go panic shopping today cos I really don't fancy doing it christmas eve. I've had the appointment come through to have my tubes flushed through (not sure on the technical name!) it's for 13/1/11 but I'm going to change it to the following week as I have the week off. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but it's got to be done. No news as yet on oh sperm sample results, I assume we'll get a letter. Anything new with anybody?

Hi Ladies

Well my mind is now completely off ttc for the time being. Unfortunately my uncle passed away early hours of yesterday morning :cry: Spent some of yesterday with my mum to check she was ok. She doesn't seem too bad. But this has certainly took the shine off this Christmas for our family :nope: He was only 51. Heart attack they think but they are doing a post mortem.

Anyway, sorry for the downer, how is everyone else?

Mama, any news on AF? I'm expecting mine Christmas Eve :wacko:

Lou, good news on your appointment, at least they seem to be moving pretty quickly for you :thumbup:

:hugs: I'm very sorry to hear that nat. What an awful thing to have happened.
Thinking of you Hun :hugs:

Ohhh, Nat - that's horrible news. I am so sorry you are going through this. Don't apologise for putting a downer on the thread - we are here to share the good times and the bad, so feel free to share your upset with us. I hope your family are coping okay - its a sad time and I expect the funeral will be at Christmas?

Ladies - don't ever believe anyone when they say pregnancy symptoms get better in the second tri - I am worse and worse every day! I went to bed with a horrible migraine, nausea and heartburn and woke up with it again this morning. And, see this mythical 'pregnancy glow' - that's not real either!

Just booked myself in for a cut and blow dry and a makeover for before Mr Windswept's birthday do - see if it perks me up a bit!

Christmas presents are nearly all done, and the shopping list is prepared for food shopping. As we have everyone over with us for Christmas dinner (eight in laws - argghhh), I'll start preparing on Friday, as well as getting the house spic and span for guests!

Hope everyone else is looking forward to the festivities?

Cx

Thanks ladies. The funeral has now been confirmed for next Thursday, 30th. It will be down in Poole where he lived so all the family will be travelling down there Thursday morning, staying over that night and then we'll be travelling back the morning of New Year's Eve. Just spoke with my mum on the phone and she seems ok. I think it is better that the funeral will be then rather than it all drag over into the new year.

A post mortem was done and it was a heart attack. His heart was very diseased and enlarged and the docs said he would simply have had heart attack after heart attack had he survived this one. His heart was that bad. He was a very heavy drinker and a smoker so that was likely the course. Unfortunately he didn't look after himself at all.

Thanks for your support ladies. I am still looking forward to Christmas, just a bit worried how my mum will be x

Hi Ladies

Well my mind is now completely off ttc for the time being. Unfortunately my uncle passed away early hours of yesterday morning :cry: Spent some of yesterday with my mum to check she was ok. She doesn't seem too bad. But this has certainly took the shine off this Christmas for our family :nope: He was only 51. Heart attack they think but they are doing a post mortem.

Anyway, sorry for the downer, how is everyone else?

Mama, any news on AF? I'm expecting mine Christmas Eve :wacko:

Lou, good news on your appointment, at least they seem to be moving pretty quickly for you :thumbup:

i'm so sorry about ur uncle nat,:hugs:

af showed up on mon,but looks like shes finished now so quite a short one,thankfully shes been and gone for xmas

Hi Ladies

Well my mind is now completely off ttc for the time being. Unfortunately my uncle passed away early hours of yesterday morning :cry:

I understand how awful that is. We lost my Mother-in-Law November 1st to cancer. We just figured that TTC would be a celebration of life to help remind us that no matter what, things will go on. Don't know if that helps any. So sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks Callalin. That is a great way of looking at it :thumbup:

Mamadonna, sorry AF got you but good that she's gone for Xmas :flower: I'm just waiting on mine now - no symptoms of her imminent arrival whatsoever this month apart from slightly tender and itchy boobs on and off. No tummy twinges or bloating at all as yet. So very quiet but am definitely expecting her in next day or two x

Merry Christmas girls! Have a fantastic time and let's all look forward to 2011, :bfp: all round!:happydance::happydance::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Nat im so so sorry for your loss and am sure your mum will find her way through just be strong for her and she will have all the support she needs, thinking of you xx

TO ALL MY GIRLS ON 'IT FELL OUT' HAVE A FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS AND AN AMAZING NEW YEAR XXXXX

Sorry I haven't been on for a bit girls- we're down south at my mum's for Christmas and she has no Internet (am on my phone right now).
Sorry to hear your news Nat- my sympathy is with you and your family.
I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and Santa is good to you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->