It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Evening ladies, hope everybody had a good day:thumbup:
I was looking up images of the dye test today online and it's actually going to be interesting to see my tubes in all their glory:haha:.I hope I'm going to be a brave girl and not disgrace myself! I also read about another procedure they do where you have a GA and they go in through an incision just below the belly button, that doesn't sound to plesent! Also saw pics of ovarian drilling, what an awful name for it:wacko:.
What's everybody been up to today?

Hi Lou :flower:

OH and I have just got in, been out straight from work tonight for something to eat and a drink :thumbup: I was going into Birmingham when I finished work to get a birthday pressie for my dad and for my brother's fiancee (both their birthdays next week) so met OH when he finished work.

I've seen some images on the net of the ovarian drilling procedure, that is a horrid name for it :wacko: I expected to see a great pneumatic drill :haha: going at the poor ovary but what they were doing actually looked very gentle really. I bet you'll be glad when your procedure is over. Is yours the one called a HSG? What is the difference between that and a lap and dye? Is lap the one where you have the GA?

I notice Stina has not been on, wasn't it her scan today? Hope all has gone well for her x

Hi nat, I'm not entirely sure on the proper names of the procedures but I think hsg is an X-ray on the tubes and uterus and I'm guessing lap and dye is going in through the navel:shrug:. All medical procedures have such long titles! I will be so glad to get it over and done with!
When does your oh go away?

I think Scotland have got bad weather at the moment, perhaps Stina has Internet trouble?

OH goes away Monday and comes back Thursday, so only actually on my own 3 nights. But it's just that it's due to coincide with when I'd normally ov :dohh: I'm still 'high' on CBFM at mo, really hoping I peak in next day or two :shrug:

Bad weather? Horrendous weather! There are Hurricane Force 12 winds - the sea is crazy! Thankfully we are kinda used to it and everything is tied down, but boats are running their moorings and landing on rocks, all schools closed, all council buildings all closed, public transport cancelled - crazy! We are safe, but the sea was hitting our house (we live on a sea wall) and we have had intermittent power, oh and our sky dish has blown away! Latest winds have been 91.8 mph!

So, I was very relieved not to get a call from the hospital to cancel appointment!

Guys, you wouldn't believe how in love we are with our little one - it was THE single most incredible thing in the world, watching him/her on the screen. Little hands up at it's mouth, then clapping, wee legs kicking, heart pounding, head rolling from side to side, back arching, feet crossing and uncrossing. Just amazing! All is well and the consultant was really happy with everything. Thinks that to do anything with the cyst would be more dangerous than it is worth, so I'm just going to deal with it - the infection probably made things worse!

Will try to get a photo up tomorrow - got some real crackers of the face - can almost visualise my baby already... And when it kicks I can picture what movements it is doing in there.

Guys, I know it is so unfair that you might have to go through any of those awful sounding procedures, but believe me, it will be soooooo worth it. I pray that you guys are this lucky - very soon.

Love you guys, in fact, love everything today! Happy, happy, happy!

Stina, you brought a tear to my eye! It must be incredible to see your little bubba doing all those movements. I feel really happy that us girls are travelling along with you cos I've read other posts saying that once people get their bfp they go away from ttc but you and Kim have stayed with us:kiss:. When bubba is born give him/her a big kiss from auntie toots!
I thought it was windy here but it's nothing compared to what you're putting up with! I thought of you when I saw the weather report at lunchtime. Can't wait to see the scan pic:thumbup:
Nat, with any luck you'll have enough:spermy: waiting to catch the peak:happydance:. You're doing you're best at the moment and that's all you can do Hun.

I am so glad that you are happy for me to share in your journey too, and hope that my happiness doesn't upset you guys - if it ever does, please tell me and I'll pipe down.

Well, the Outer Hebrides seemed to survive the storm - our council worry a lot since the big storm of 2005 (when a poor family were swept away by the sea in their car as they were trying to escape the rising tide which was flooding their home - all five died, three generations, and the locals spent months searching for their bodies - a true tragedy). Last nights wind was comparable, but thankfully all fishing boats were in, and people took the warning to stay indoors - no tragedies this time, just damage to property and now no power for most of the islands.

Can I introduce you to baby Morrison? The consultant knows what sex we are having, but we don't - one photo of the face looks very much like a chubby little boy and the other looks like a little pretty petite girly. If you can't immediately see the close up of the face, please look again - it is amazing when you see it - the wee lips and chin... I am soooooo in love and nothing will wipe this smirk off my face!

You guys get busy - I want to share in all your experiences when mine has passed... Stork, when is your next scan??? I think I get another at 32 weeks.

Cx

Third time lucky?!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 14
Oh wow Stina! They are awesome pics, really clear. I can see what you mean about one looking like a boy and the other a girl. Ive gotta say I'm reckoning you've got a little baby girl:baby:.

I am totally torn between boy and girl - haven't a clue any more - but keep referring to it as him!

I want to sew some lovely drapes for the crib and curtains and cushions for the nursery - but I am bored of neutral colours... I want to know so I can veer towards boyish or girly!!!

Oh Stina, the pics are wonderful! I'm not that great at guessing gender usually, but I'm going with Lou and saying a girl. I'm glad to hear that everything is progressing so well :) My next scan is on 9th March although I've been a bit naughty, and booked a private anomoly scan on 24th Feb after work. I'll be 18+1 then (the private scan place doesn't do anomoly scans until 18 weeks onwards). I know it's only 2 weeks before the scan at the hospital but as you know, those 2 weeks can feel like a lifetime! We're not telling anyone about it though. It sounds stupid but as we're finding out the gender, I want to wait and see if they say the same thing at both scans until we tell people (although I'll come on here and tell you guys of course!).

Lou- I'm sure I can speak for both Stina and I when I say that we didn't even consider not coming back to this thread after our BFPs. There is NO way I could have got through the TTC process without all of you girls and I feel like we share a bond now. I am totally desperate for each and every one of us to have a happy ending.

There's those tears again!

Ohhh - I totally understand why you are getting a scan sooner! We'd do the same, if we had the option! I'd have loved one of those 3D ones too, but would mean a fair travel to get to do that!

I can't wait to find out what you are having! I think we'll all get a shock if they tell you its a girl! We know it's a boy!

I hope you guys are right that this is our little Cara, but we'll still be prepared and choose a boys name in the meantime... Cameron seems to be the favourite of the moment, our wee Cammy!

loving the scan pics windswept i'm kinda swaying towards girl also

Hi Ladies :flower:

Stina, what gorgeous scan pics :thumbup: You must be sooo delighted. I'm still saying it's a boy, me and Ink seem to be the only ones who are saying boy.

I'm going to count myself out I think this month. Still only 'high' on the CBFM and OH goes away Monday so really not giving us much chance of catching it now, unless I suddenly peak tomorrow or Sunday. I'm actually starting to think I'm not going to ov at all this month, which would be just typical with it being the month I'm having the blood test :growlmad: Been having ov twinges for about a week which seems a very long time with nothing happening. Sorry girls, having a pessimistic day today. But Stina, your scan pics have cheered me up and I will shut up moaning now :happydance:

x

Stina, your name choices are so cute! Little cammy, it's adoreable.
Kim, I'm glad to hear that you're happy to stay with us Hun. We may be slightly behind but we're in it together:hugs:. I'm v excited to see new scan pics later in the month.
Nat, I can see why you are concerned about missing it this month but if sperm can live inside for a few days then there is still a bloody good chance of catching the eggy:thumbup:. Just make sure you dtd right up to the last minute! Keep the pma up Hun.
Hope everyone else is well. :kiss:

Hey girls. Did everyone have a good weekend?
Mine was fine- went to the match at Wolves on Saturday, which didn't go so well (sigh!) but I was thinking about you Nat, the whole time! It was weird thinking that I was in the town where you live!
Today after work, OH and I are going to Mothercare to start looking at things to get an idea of what we're going to need, prices etc. We're both still resolutely not going to buy anything yet though as we still feel it's far too early. Hearing such sad news like what happened to Amanda Holden doesn't help the worry either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->