It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

I agree it's better to know Nat. I think I'd rather know for sure if there's a prob with one or both of us than just continue on this path of seemingly doing all the right things and getting nowhere:dohh:. It's better to be fully aware of all the info I think. I was saying to oh earlier than I just cannot believe we are having to go through all this! My brother has 2 daughters. The second daughter was conceived within 3 months of him getting together with his girlfriend! Oh sister already has a daughter and it's so annoying that it's been so easy for them and here we are having to go through the mill.

hi girls hope you are all ok,
Toots i wish you all the best for tomorrow xx
How is everyone

Ink, hi! How are you?

Lou, I know what you mean, it just seems so unfair. Any statistics you read seem to say that about 1 in 6 or 7 couples have problems conceiving. I honestly do not know anyone in my circle of family or friends that has had any trouble so I really do not believe it is this high :nope: Although I haven't exactly gone round all of them asking "So, you know you have a son and daughter, well how long did it take you to conceive them?" :haha: But a lot I do know of (mainly my friends) did conceive first month or two :growlmad:

I was talking to my mum yesterday (she knows we are ttc) and she told me about a girl she worked with, who is 32, who got married early last year. Anyway, everyone expected this girl to be pregnant very soon and she's not announced anything yet. Another girl at their work has just had a baby and my mum said to this girl "It'll be you next!" and this girl replied "god I hope so Marg, we've been trying since last June". I said to my mum "Oh thank god, so I'm not the only one!" Obviously from this forum I know I'm not the only one, but I thought I was off this forum, if you know what I mean :haha: I also thought that I bet that girl hated my mum for making that comment!! :haha: Just shows that even my mum, knowing the trouble OH and I are having, was still expecting this girl she works with to fall pregnant just like that!

x

One of the reasons we decided to not tell anybody is because people do generally ask how you're getting on. I would hate to be asked all the time even though I know people mean well. We also thought at the start of ttc that it would be a bigger surprise if they were completely unaware of us trying.
I'm pretty worried about tomorrow. I'm quite a shy person really and I'm not even very good about having a smear test done so tomorrow is freaking me out a bit! Strangers around my Minnie moo is not an ideal way to pass the time:haha:
When is oh back nat?

OH is back tomorrow, probably the evening some time. Have missed him but stayed at my mom and dad's last night and most of today as was dad's birthday and I don't work Wednesdays, so have had company a lot of the time really :thumbup:

Best of luck for tomorrow hun, I will be thinking of you at 2pm. I really hope all goes fine for you and at least you will know your results. I'll come on here when I get home from work tomorrow to see how you've got on :hugs:

x

Thanks nat:hugs:. I'm so grateful to have you girls to talk to:kiss:.
Did your dad have a lovely b'day?

Hey girls.
Lou- wish you loads of luck for today. Will be thinking about you and keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Nat- that's flippin' typical that you O'd right in the middle of when OH was away :( Hopefully your work before he went away will mean enough of his little guys were still hanging around!
Inkd- how are you doing hon? And what about everyone else?

I had a nice day yesterday. Went over to Derbyshire to spend the day with a friend and her 3 kids. She is like superwoman- her kids are 4 and 2 and a half (the youngest two are twins) and she handles everything so well. Her eldest loves me for some reason (he even made me a card in nursery yesterday) so it made me hopeful that I won't be too useless with our LO! She also offered me a load of things that she either only used once or twice, or never used at all- a baby sling, travel cot, baby monitors and a highchair which was really good of her. I've told her to hang on until about 6-8 weeks before I'm due to give us the stuff (in my uber-cautious and slightly paranoid way!!).

Thanks Kim. Hopefully it'll be over and done with quickly today. Also got to take Lil (my avatar) to the vet cos she's all of a sudden gone bald on her back legs. Poor little luv looks like a plucked chicken at the back. It just happened over night!
That's really nice of your friend to give you all that stuff. You will be brilliant with your bubba!

Aww, poor Lil :( Hope she'll be ok. Our cat is a constant source of worry, as there doesn't seem to be a day that goes by without something going on with her (she's 18) but we pamper her like mad all the time :blush:

im sort of ok stork just now waiting to find out if the OV spotting i had is going to work for us this cycle, have got 7 days left to wait and then we will know for sure god i hope so , i had actually given up last month and then i get the OV spotting two days before OV day so im really hopeful but not dwelling on it and having to have lots of surried rice and orange and lemonade at the mo , what is that all about lol but apart from tired and peeing im fine. xx

Hi Ladies :hi:

How is everyone? Stork, nice that your friend has offered you all that stuff :thumbup:. How are you feeling?

Lou, how has it all gone today? Really hope it wasn't too horrid for you and you got good results. And how is your little Lil? She's a gorgeous looking cat (even if she does have plucked chicken back legs at the mo :haha:)

x

Good evening girls:hi:
First off I want to thank you for thinking of me today:kiss:.It means a lot.
We arrived for our appointment and were taken to a room for me to sign papers to allow them to do the procedure. The nurse explained everything to us and she was ever so nice. I was a bit shaky and vvv nervous! Next we went into the scanning room where I had to strip off my bottom half:blush: and lay on the bed with my bum on a memory foam type pillow. A nurse put a camera up my minnie moo to have a scan around, it is v interesting to see all the bits inside so that sort of took my mind off it a bit. I have a 10mm fibroid near my right ovary but apart from that the area is clear:thumbup:. Then 3 more nurses came in:blush: and the procedure started! 4 nurses were in the room in total, 2 getting the equipment ready, 1 doing the procedure and 1 watching the screen. They put in a metal thing like what you have when a smear is done then a small tube is inserted. The tube was a little painful but not at all terrible. They then remove the metal thing and put in the camara. Then in goes a saline solution and then the dye. Both solutions immediately went into my left tube which is completely clear but because it had all flowed straight into that tube they couldnt really see the other one. They assured me that its extremely unusual to have one tube blocked so they were not at all concerned that they couldnt see it. So I have clear tubes:happydance:. One thing they did notice is that an egg is present so I guess I'm about to release it.
Oh has a completely normal sperm result and my blood results were clear of anything nasty:thumbup:. The nurse said I'm ovulating so I don't need clomid. We have been offered iui, this is offered to couples that have been ttc but are getting nowhere for no obvious reason. The nurse has advised us to go away for the remainder of this cycle and :sex: every other night from tonight!! She says that many couples conceive after the procedure I've just had done. We can ring them at any point to start the iui treatment:thumbup:. We have decided to try this cycle and if not successful then go ahead with iui. I'm a little crampy now and I have some spotting which is apparently normal. The worst thing was walking to the car feeling loads of liquid coming out of me, yuck:haha:. I'm glad I've had it done and it was definately not as bad as I thought, just a little embarrassing:blush:.
As for Lil, she has had an allergic reaction to something so has been given various jabs and we had her wormed while she was there! £109!!!!! That was more painful than the procedure:haha:. Shes not talking to us at the moment, gone off sulking! So all in all Lil and I have had an eventful day:haha:
Hows everyone else:hugs:

Oh Lou, this is fantastic news :happydance::happydance::happydance: So glad all your results have come back good. At least you know now, do you feel a lot better?

Get going on the :sex: girl :haha: I have read lots of reports of ladies getting their :bfp: after that procedure :thumbup: Are you definitely just going to give it this month then and go to IUI? How many IUI attempts do you get in your area free?

Aww, poor Lil, sulking :nope: Sure she'll come round and be friends with you again soon :thumbup:

I'm just waiting on OH getting back, he's on his way :happydance: x

Hey Nat, I'm such a brave girl aint I:haha:. I'm glad its over but I'd worked myself up for nothing really. Oh face was a picture when he was told his results were normal:haha:. We get 4 goes at iui and 1 ivf. I'm torn at the moment as to how many cycles to ttc naturally before we go for iui. Its just the iui may give us the bubba quicker but is that the right attitude:shrug:
Def trying naturally this cycle and then we'll talk about it and see what we think. For iui I have to give myself injections as they need to pinpoint ovulation exactly then they'll put in oh :spermy: and it seems to have a good success rate. The nurse was quite keen for us to go off and ttc this month so maybe we'll succeed:thumbup:
Bet you are looking forward to oh coming home:happydance:. Have you actually booked your blood test and when is oh going to give his sample?

I'm going to go get blood test next Thursday, which will be CD26! But I didn't peak until CD17 so this will ensure I am at least 7dpo, which the doc said to be. OH has to go and pick up a pack of stuff from the doc, which I am going to remind him to do soon. I'd like him to get it done as soon as poss now but I also understand that he's probably a bit apprehensive :wacko:

I'm still having lots of little twinges in tummy but I am sure if I was going to ov I have done now. I am really looking forward to my next acupuncture next Wednesday, really want to see what my little chinese guy :haha: says about all these twinges :shrug:

How do you feel about injecting yourself for IUI (if you need it of course!)? x

After seeing oh face today it made me realise how stressful it was for him. He said he was convinced he'd have a prob and I've never seen him look so releaved when they told him his sample was fine. I think we sometimes forget that it's difficult for them aswell. I reckon it's a masculine thing to know that they have good sperm. I'm so thankful cos I don't think he'd of taken it v well.
I can totally see why your oh may be putting it off, mine was the same!
I'm really intrigued by these twinges you're getting, the acupuncture may have worked:thumbup:. Nurse said today that on average sperm lives in our tubes for about 48hrs so it could have been there for your egg:happydance:. How awesome would it be if we get our bfp this cycle!!!! I'd love you and me to be bump buds with Stina and Kim:happydance:

Lil update! She has forgiven us and is now sat on my lap:thumbup:. I think I'll wait till tomorrow to give her a flea treatment:wacko:.

Congratulations Toots on your results thats fantastic news and hope that it works for you both this cycle so that you dont have to do iui treatment. go girl xx
How are you Nat x

Thanks ink, we're going all guns blazing this cycle!! Hope you're keeping well Hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->