It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

No timescale really. :shrug: Basically they just need to confirm DH's SA results (with a second semen sample). Once they're done getting that, think the Urologist will do couple more tests- blood for hormones, urine after the SA, and ultrasound maybe... Not sure what else yet. Meanwhile I'm trying to track my ovulation (to make sure I am ovulating monthly). So looks like maybe another 2 to 3 months more wait for the referral so that we have more info regarding my ovulation and DH's results. :wacko: It's driving me nuts not being able to plan a darn thing but I gotta use this opportunity to learn to be more patient than usual.

Nat- I really am looking forward to your 4d scan. That will be amazing picture of your baby. I can't wait for you to see it and share it with us. Have fun at the spa with your friend too- so sweet of your man to give you that for your Christmas gift.

How's everyone doing?

Hi Ladies :flower:

4D scan on Sunday was amazing :happydance: So amazing to see our little one's features (which look like daddy to me :hugs:) and to see him or her opening and closing eyes and mouth etc. Doc said all looks good with baby and little one is measuring right for dates and estimated weight on Sunday was 2lbs 12ozs (27w6d). Baby has quite long legs though - they're definitely not from me :haha:

He couldn't completely see my placenta as baby's head was in the way but said he didn't think there was much close to the placenta so thinks it may well already have moved quite a bit. So got to get confirmation at 34 week NHS scan on 9th March. I'm hopeful I'll be ok to try a natural birth :thumbup:

Here are a couple of pics :cloud9: Gender guesses welcome as we're still Team :yellow: x

Aw wow,they are gorgeous pics,not sure on gender gonna have another look

Nat- :cloud9: These are very beautiful picture of your baby! I bet you're having a girl - with long legs like that from her daddy...

Update on my stuff... DH has been confirmed with 0 count in the second SA. I wasn't as crushed because I was expecting that anyways. They've decided to try some medication to see if that helps- and will follow up with blood test in 1 1/2 months' time, and maybe another SA in like 3 to 4 months. If that doesn't work, next step would be surgery. I'm hoping that the med is all that it takes to get the soldiers to work. AF is due in 11 days.

Oh Nat, the pics are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I guessed girl once I saw your scan photos, and I'm sticking with that ;) Beautiful bump too. How is the furniture buying going? I love the sound of your nursery!

DG, sorry about SA results :( I hope that the medication helps before he has to have surgery. How is he feeling about it all?

How is everyone else doing? All good I hope :)

All is fine here. Alex is growing up so fast, I can't believe where the time is going. We went out for a meal on Monday, and Alex sat in a highchair for the first time. He was quite happy sitting there, chomping on pieces of cucumber (even though he still has no teeth!) whilst we ate our meal! Once he gets to 6 months (which isn't too far away), we can start introducing loads of things into his diet, which is exciting. He loves his food as it is, so he's going to love it when he can start having things like pureed roast dinners and spag bol!

I'm going back to work at the end of next month- can't quite believe where the time has gone. It feels like more of a wrench than I thought it would, but I'm only going back 2 days a week. The in laws can't wait to look after Alex and he adores them, so I know it'll be good for everyone in the long run :)

A few recent pics of Alex....

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
Oh my gosh, Alex is growing so fast. :shock: I cannot believe he's almost ready for food.

As for my husband, he's doing fine. He won't tell me how he's feeling unless I ask but he seems to be ok about it all. He is a little disappointed that he's not able to "fulfill" his manly duty of getting me pregnant but he's willing to try the medicine and see if it helps. :cloud9: He's so sweet in trying to make me happy. I hope that's all it takes... I would hate for him to have to get surgery. :wacko:

So, you're all guessing girl for our little one then! We've had a mixture of boy and girl guesses from people so guess we'll just have to wait and see :winkwink:

Kim, Alex is absolutely adorable :hugs: What a wonderful smile he has. You must be very proud. He's growing up so fast.

We haven't done much on the nursery yet but my friend's chap is coming round later tonight to quote us to do the wood panelling around the bottom of the walls. He is also taking one of the 3 wardrobes we are trying to sell, my friend is having one. So just got to try to sell the other 2 then and then the room is empty. My friend has already put them on a selling page on her work intranet and I'll probably put them in a few local papers or something.

DG, so sorry to hear the results of the second semen test :nope: I'll be praying for you that the medication helps. I am sure that, one way or another, one day you will have your baby :thumbup: There is so much they can do these days.

Has anyone heard anything from Toots or Stina? x

Evening ladies

dg i hope you get things sorted soon hun,I'm sure you'll have ur baby bump sometime very soon x

little Alex is adorable he has the most gorgeous smile

well done on staying yellow Nat,i would like to think i could but not sure if i could

i haven't heard from toots or stina either

Stina's here! Watching from afar!

DG - I'm feeling positive for you - the right people know what's up, so they'll help make sure it all works out. Your hubby sounds like a real star - together you will get there!

Nat - the first photo made me think girl, but the second tells me boy! I'm going boy (boys are best, eh Kim?)

Kim, your boy is gorgeous - seems a happy chap like Archie! They grow far too fast! I got myself a childminder booked for when i go back - in May - for 2 days a week. Dreading it - more than I can express! Going back at the start of summer (after a particularly harsh winter) and having to do that commute with a little one being dragged along for a 10 hour day - not good!

So... Two bits of news really from us - one very negative and one very positive!

Negative - We are awaiting our appointment for Archie's op. Apparently we will get a week's notice - which isn't a lot - but when we've had since July to play it over in our minds it can't come soon enough. My little darling is doing so well - he's been sitting up strong since 5 months, he's now crawling a few steps before flopping, he's rolling and bum shuffling, and even pulls himself up on furniture to stand upright. He's alert, sociable, always smiling, and never gives us any hassle. He plays away on his own for ages before needing attention and everyone comments on how easy going he is. That's all great, but it doesn't give me reason to think he needs to go for such a major operation. Part of me wishes he'd turn blue now and then to make me think he needed it. Been doing a lot of reading and preparation, but I dont think we can ever be fully prepared. I know I haven't been on here much, but while he's in intensive care I can't stay by his side, and will need distraction so will be on here lots.

Positive - I am now only on one pill each morning - and that's folic acid. Mr W and I are really keen to have a big family for our wee man. We are hoping to get trying properly once he's all fixed and home. In the meantime we know that the stress levels will be bad for a pregnancy and we want to concentrate on getting our wee man all better before someone else demands our time. So, we are now 'not trying, not preventing'. Sorry if that seems really indulgent to the poor ladies who are struggling to conceive number one - we are so aware that we might not be as lucky this time round, so are giving ourselves plenty of time. But the closer together our little people are the better, as there are no kids down our road so Archie deserves playmates in the form of brothers and sisters (2 brothers and 1 sister, if I could choose!).

Love to all, Cx

Oh Wind! Surgery? on Archie's heart?! He has to fight and survive this. Wow... That does sound stressful and we'll definitely do our best to keep you distracted during his "intensive" care stay.

Don't worry about it seeming indulgent. It's only natural you would want to give Archie siblings so he can experience what having siblings is all about. :hugs: I wouldn't want to be an only child anyways.

I try to stay positive about the outcome for me. But trying not to be too hopeful in case, we do need to go the surgery route for him... Not sure if I would have to eventually do ivf or something of the sort... That all depends on if my husband is able to grow any sperms. :shrug: They'll be monitoring his hormones with blood-works in about 1 1/2 months to see if the medicine is working. Then in like 3 months, they'll be checking his SA again. I'm praying for a miracle though- that by the time he goes in for that SA, I will already have gotten pregnant... I can hope for that much. I will get to experience being pregnant somehow one way or another. I'm that determined...

DG - You have the right attitude to all this. I am so glad that your OH is man enough to support you and to do everything it takes. I don't think all men would (I think even mine would struggle, he even said that he'd never consider IVF, which scared me lots when we were concerned for our chances). It's going to be a long drawn out affair, but trust me, when you get there, it's worth any length of wait.

Yeah, Archie needs open heart surgery and we are likely to be in hospital for around 3 weeks... It's going to be a very long few weeks, so I'm sure you'll hear lots from me then!

Thanks guys, Cx

windswept,lovely to hear from you,little archie is growing up so fast,you know we will be all here to suppose you through ur time when archie is in hospital,i'm sure he will be just fine hun

good luck with ttc i had all mine quite close and they played great together and still do

Stina, hi :hi: Great to hear from you and to hear Archie is doing so well :thumbup: You sound like you are loving motherhood and how exciting that you are starting to plan Number 2 :happydance: Of course it goes without saying that we will all be here to support you when Archie is in hospital. He sounds a very strong little lad so I am sure he will get through anything fine :thumbup:

DG, loving your attitude :thumbup: And as with Stina, we will all be here to support you and your hubby through anything you need to go through.

As for me, I am doing fine. 29 weeks pregnant today! It's going so quick :wacko: I am starting to panic about getting the nursery done but we are in limbo at the moment waiting to hear back from my friend's chap with a quote on doing the wood panelling. Then got to see how soon he can do it.

We are also now having new windows and doors! This was a sudden occurrence as OH's mum is paying for it for us!! Our windows and doors do need changing but we would never be able to afford to do it for years. She is insistent on getting it done (probably because little one on the way) and we have got a very good price for it, as the company know OH's family and have done a fair bit of work for various family members over the years. Chap is coming round later today to measure up and we'll then hopefully get a date for it all to be done quite soon :thumbup:

x

Nat- :yipee: That's great news... So sweet of your MIL to do that... :cloud9: It's important your little one is taken cared of. Wow, 29 weeks... You're almost done baking... Only another 7 to 10 weeks to go! :wohoo: Happy 29 weeks!

How's everyone else doing? I'm doing pretty good considering I know I should be expecting AF in about oh 5 or 6 days. :shrug: Actually, it's kind of a nice change of pace knowing that there's nothing there and I can just hang back expecting AF for the next few cycles while the medicine takes effect. :thumbup: Until then, I'm gonna be trying to lose some weight (or maintain it). Losing 20 pounds would be better for me actually since I'm already a little overweight. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->