Items for YOU after childbirth?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
I've heard a few things like witch hazel pads and a peri-bottle....

But what else was a life saver for you? What helped alleviate pain <down there> and just overall helped you be more comfortable?

Preparation H! Seriously I got awfull piles they were far more uncomfortable than my 2nd degree tear.

This is going to be TMI, and I'm sorry to ask... but what do they feel like Babybug?

Tea tree oil and lavender oil. I put them in the bath every day and also dabbed my episiotomy stitches with a dilute solution every time I went to pee. My midwife suggested it when my stitches started getting angry and red and sore and it really helped. The other thing she recommended that helped a lot was letting air circulate down there, so lots of time without underwear and pads. I put dark-coloured towels down on the bed so it didn't matter that I was still bleeding.

I had internal grazes and lavender oil was a god send for me, I used to put it in my bath.

Also a really good sports bra! I definitely underestimated how big my boobs would get and having a good light bra but with good support literally saved my life!

How do you know how much lavender oil or tea tree oil to put in the bath?

I used ALOT. My MW told me a few drops would be sufficient but I always just poured it in.

It was also brilliant for helping me relax

I never had pain down there but comfy dark knickers and soft trousers was good for me. My belly felt awful and jelly like so my bump bands and supportive vest top helped.
Xx

For me, a huge thing is having the housework done. So, I am insisting on a housekeeper/cleaning service weekly from the week of my scheduled c-section for 4 weeks!
Also, nursing sleep bras are so comfortable and a must-have for me - I leak like crazy and have to have somewhere to put nursing pads at all times, but cannot stand wearing an underwire bra for longer than necessary!
I'll pick up some new nursing-friendly, presentable loungewear & pjs so I can feel and look (at least somewhat) put together even though I'll be in my pjs all day long lol!

Salt! Honestly bathing in salt water helped my stitches heal up in no time. Midwife (and my mother) recommended it and I was petrified it would stung but no it felt quite soothing and healed them up lovely xx

This is going to be TMI, and I'm sorry to ask... but what do they feel like Babybug?

They just felt really tender and itchy, im actually dreading getting them again this time .

My midwife told me last time to add a half tea spoof milk with the lavender oil (few drops) to help it emulsify in water. For me I found having a jug of warm water with the oil in to pour over each time I peed for the first few days really helped stop stinging also helped me heal more quickly with no infection in the stiches will def be doing that again this time

Ibuprufen, hot water bottle and tens machine for after pains, but hopefully they won't be bad for you with a first but for subsequent children I recommend these especially if you BF.

They just felt really tender and itchy, im actually dreading getting them again this time .

I ditto the Preparation H... and the Preperation H wipes as well. My piles were horrible! I dread getting them again this time too.

Mine were 3 little balloons on the outside and were very sore, bled and felt like they were burning all the time unless I had cream on or sat on a bag of frozen veg!

They made labour very painful as well :-( I'm drinking sooooo much water from now on now you've reminded me about them! URGH!

If you decide to BF a Bebe Au Lait cover is brill! I could feed Oz anywhere and everywhere without having to worry about people gawping at my exposed boob! One of my friends sat in a passport interview with her LO underneath one feeding away! lol! xxx

I took Arnica after my natural delivery and my c section, I believe it helped with my healing/bruising!

I tore with my 1st and a squirty bottle with warm water and salt to squirt on there after peeing. Helps the healing process, also take it in the shower with you and squirt as well. Salt in bath water also helps if you want a bath. Comfy knickers are a must as well.

Big knickers after a c section (I mean really big - so they are way up over the scar). Also found my BF pillow was great to keep the scar protected while feeding.

My sis and SIL swore by a rubber ring to sit on for stitches down below!

I ditto the Preparation H... and the Preperation H wipes as well. My piles were horrible! I dread getting them again this time too.

Mine were 3 little balloons on the outside and were very sore, bled and felt like they were burning all the time unless I had cream on or sat on a bag of frozen veg!

They made labour very painful as well :-( I'm drinking sooooo much water from now on now you've reminded me about them! URGH!

Mine were like a bunch of grapes! I had to get steroid cream to shrink them and they are back again, constipated bad in pregnancy and the pushing made it worse! No one tells you about this stuff! :dohh: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->