It's been 7 weeks since mc but still not af...when to ring the GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ladies, I'm a cat person- they need a lot less looking after but thankfully my cat loves being around us, so although she's independant we do get plenty of cuddles from her.

My hcg seemed to disappear within a couple of days after the bleeding started. To be honest with you , the lines were not getting darker on the hpt using the same brand so I knew I was going to lose my baked bean just a week after finding out, I was almost 6 weeks. My gp said to take another test a few days later and it was negative. I assume the further along you are the longer it takes to leave.

So I've been looking more into the opks, amazon seem to do the digital smiley ones the cheapest but I just don't know. In the end I ended up buying a 2 pack of first response preg tests and 2 pack digital clear blue preg test with conception indicator- I was thinking ahead and feeling hopeful. However today I regret buying them, what if I've jinxed myself! Today I'm really not so hopeful that I will ever get a bfp again. Sorry ladies, feeling a bit down in the dumps about ttc. Why does it look so easy for some people who have an unplanned one?

I'm so sorry sweetie. I have those same thoughts from time to time. Like I'm walking down a dark hopeless tunnel and I'm never getting out. It can be very painful thinking what if I am one of the women who can never have a baby. The thing that did help me was the OPKs. Even though I don't plan on using them again next month, somehow just knowing I was ovulating again and things were working again made me feel better. Like maybe instead I'll be one of the many women that lose their first to an early m/c, then go on to have healthy babies with no issues. So I'll just keep going and keep trying and do my best to be positive. I know it's difficult and I wish there was something to say to help.

Sorry you're having a bad day GIJane. I agree with Mackjess about the positive opks making me feel better. I know I will use them just to make sure everything is in working order. Maybe they will help you too!

Also, I think it is ok to let yourself be upset every now and then, this can be very stressful!

Thanks ladies, just a bit down in the dumps- think i've been thinking about it too much :dohh:

What you've both said does help, even getting my first af after the loss has been an encouraging sign so I can see how using the OPK's would be too.

I've really got to start taking this is my stride a lot more, this could potentially be a very long ttc journey. And we are all in the same boat so thank you for sharing your positivity. x

The one thing I was thinking about today was that the NHS won't test you until after you've had 3 losses (2 is not abnormal- just bad luck)...The chances are that none of us will go through this again but the thought that if it was something simple causing it like you needed to take a low dose aspirin everyday or something easy like that and you've gone through the pain of 3 losses just to find that out....

Anyway, what was I saying about being positive and taking it in my stride!!....

Well I'm in the waiting room at my ob's office for my first follow up after my mc. The waiting room has some beautiful, very pregnant women and with their dh's. Someone might be taking a little cry break when they get home.

Well I'm in the waiting room at my ob's office for my first follow up after my mc. The waiting room has some beautiful, very pregnant women and with their dh's. Someone might be taking a little cry break when they get home.

Oh mackjess, how did you get on? What did they say? How are you feeling?
Hugs.x

Every thing looked good. She wants me to get a mammogram bc I'm 35 so now I feel old. Lol

Jane I know exactly how you feel. I have a couple of pregnant friends at the moment and I constantly worry that my day will never come. I think we all feel like that sometimes, but we have to stay positive and think logically that we all got pregnant in the first place so we will again and the chances are in our favour that we'll have a sticky one at some point as we've had our share of bad luck already!

Mack I'm glad everything went ok.. I hate that they put people in the same area's like that but I suppose it can't be helped. I am a nurse and I remember working on a gynae ward as a student and they put people who were having terminations, miscarriages, healthy pregnancies all together. There were pictures of babies all over the place on the walls and I thought it was very cruel on people having mc's and terminations to see that.

I have been having what feels like mild af cramps today and feel a bit down like she might be coming and boobs are very sore. All af signs but like you Jane I will be happy to feel a bit of normality if she does arrive.

Glad everything is ok with you mackjess. When I went to my post op appointment with my doctor there was a wall of pics of newborn babies. Kind of hard to look at.

Question for you ladies - did you get bad ovulation pains or af cramps after your miscarriage? Last night I was in really bad pain in my pelvis area. I woke up at 5am and was barely able to move it hurt so bad. Kinda wondering if it was ovulation pains as it seems my hcg levels are finally getting down.

Hey mlm115, I didn't get any ovulation signs/cramps at all in the 8 weeks between loss and af showing but I did get cramps when af came which is not unusual for me.

Has the pain gone? Perhaps it was ovulation or trapped gas as you say in the states :shrug: sorry I can't help on that one.

Hey bobster, thanks for the positivity. What sort of ward/unit do you work on?

Glad everything is ok with you mackjess. When I went to my post op appointment with my doctor there was a wall of pics of newborn babies. Kind of hard to look at.

Question for you ladies - did you get bad ovulation pains or af cramps after your miscarriage? Last night I was in really bad pain in my pelvis area. I woke up at 5am and was barely able to move it hurt so bad. Kinda wondering if it was ovulation pains as it seems my hcg levels are finally getting down.

I didn't get OV pains, but I never do. After I had my first AF, I had HORRIBLE pain and cramps for a few days. I usually have very mild cramps before or during AF, that I sometimes break down and take advil for once during AF. This time it was after AF and it was really intense, like I was in the fetal position and wanted to cry. Woke up in the middle of the night with them. I rang my OB in the morning, and the nurse told me that was very common during the cycle after the m/c. They think it can be because your ligaments start to relax and your uterus expands, so the pain can be from everything going back down to normal. They weren't too concerned about the pain because I'd have negative pregnant tests after the mc so they knew there was no leftover material causing me pain.

I'm having a blood test to check my thyroid function today. Feeling quite nervous about it- not sure why since I won't get the results for a week. I think its because I feel there's so much riding on it- not that I know why I miscarried but because it could have been a reason and there is a strong link between the two.

I've had an under active thyroid for about 10 years and the last 18 months I've not needed my meds but have it checked every 6 months. My next check was not until December but I figured since we are pushing for an Xmas bfp having it checked one month early won't hurt.

I hate needles :growlmad:

Well I was really hoping it was ovulation pain I was having, but I still got a very light positive line on a pregnancy test this morning so now I'm not sure. I find it strange because my doctor did an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and found no retained tissue and I have not bled in over a week. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I know you said af took a while to come for you GIJane, so I'm assuming it will be the same for me. It's looking less likely I'm going to get an Xmas bfp at this point.

I hope everything goes well with your thyroid testing. I also hate needles (and really anything doctor related!). Good luck!!!

Well I was really hoping it was ovulation pain I was having, but I still got a very light positive line on a pregnancy test this morning so now I'm not sure. I find it strange because my doctor did an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and found no retained tissue and I have not bled in over a week. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I know you said af took a while to come for you GIJane, so I'm assuming it will be the same for me. It's looking less likely I'm going to get an Xmas bfp at this point.

I hope everything goes well with your thyroid testing. I also hate needles (and really anything doctor related!). Good luck!!!

Hey mlm115,

I think I was saying elsewhere how frustrating this waiting is and there is plenty of it during this TTC journey. When you had your ultrasound 2 weeks ago, did the doctor say anything about the faint lines, did they think a blood test to get actual numbers would be helpful? It's good to hear there is no retained tissue-a complication like that would be such a bummer after everything a loss brings with it.

Hugs.x

Thyroid test went ok except the guy put the needle in then couldn't find the vein so he was wriggling the needle around and it bloody hurt, finally he pulled it out and didn't get anything. He started on the next arm and I announced I'm going to faint so had to lie me down lol but finally he got some.

I didn't get OV pains, but I never do. After I had my first AF, I had HORRIBLE pain and cramps for a few days. I usually have very mild cramps before or during AF, that I sometimes break down and take advil for once during AF. This time it was after AF and it was really intense, like I was in the fetal position and wanted to cry. Woke up in the middle of the night with them. I rang my OB in the morning, and the nurse told me that was very common during the cycle after the m/c. They think it can be because your ligaments start to relax and your uterus expands, so the pain can be from everything going back down to normal. They weren't too concerned about the pain because I'd have negative pregnant tests after the mc so they knew there was no leftover material causing me pain.

I feel your pain. The first AF i had after my miscarriage was brutal..i too did not ovulate between the miscarriage and AF.

The nurse I talked to said it was strange I was still getting a positive line, but then she told me to just stop taking the tests. Basically she made me feel stupid for calling. That's why I ask you ladies questions, I don't want to keep bothering them. I sometimes feel like they forget that this isn't "normal" for us. While they see patients going through this all the time, for me this is my only experience with miscarriage so it is scary and confusing and I don't know what to expect!

I am so sorry dear! Luckily the nurses at my OB office are angels, it's the OB herself that could learn some empathy and tact from them!

I don't know how they expect us to know what's going on without tests. You can't really watch for or use OPKs again until you know the HCG hormones are gone?

How many weeks since the m/c? I saw the u/s was 2 weeks ago. And how many weeks along were you?

Sorry if you are repeating yourself. I'm on my phone and its a pain to click on previous pages, it's too close to first page and takes me back to the beginning!

Mlm- From what I've read in online articles and these forums is that it can take as long for the body to recover as you were pregnant. So if it was 11 weeks, it may be 11 weeks before you start to get back to your normal cycles. What I've seen that has helped other lovely ladies in the forums is they use the same brand of home pregnancy test only once a week until the line fades to negative. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info and the sympathy.

I was 8 weeks, baby measured at seven weeks. D&C was 4 weeks ago. I'm really not too worried yet, just more annoyed at the nurse that called me back to answer my question!

You guys are awesome, thank you for your responses and sharing your experiences. It has helped me a lot!

mlm- when I had my first mc they said the test should be negative 3 weeks after the mc. That was a natural one. It probably takes everyone slightly different times though.

GI jane- when do you get your thyroid results? Do they think your thyroid could be the problem? If it is i'm sure it can be easily rectified for next time. Any ovulation signs yet or is it too soon?

Well no period still for me and I'm 32 days (or 4.5 weeks) late according to my fertility calender and I was only 4 weeks pregnant :cry: Keep having slight af cramps. Just want things back to normal now I'm fed up with all this waiting.

Mackjess- when do you plan to test? are you having any symptoms yet?

I think I'm around 6dpo if I even ovulated- having slight af cramps, feeling down in dumps and sore boobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->