It's been 7 weeks since mc but still not af...when to ring the GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sore nips was a huge sign for me Mackjess, fingers crossed for you!

No news with me. I'm not testing or anything, just waiting for af right now. I'm 30 days post d&c today, so may have to still wait a bit.

Random doctors office complaint: my drs office has a website where you can track your medical history, prescriptions, etc. Well a couple of weeks ago I went on to see some blood test results and I noticed in my diagnosis history they have now listed "cancer". Wtf??? I know it is just a mistake as I have called a couple of times and nurses haven't been able to see any test results that indicate it, but I am still waiting for them to remove it and confirm it is a mistake. I love my doc, but that office needs to get their stuff together!

OMG mlm115, that's a terrible error to make...hope you get to the bottom of it.

Mlm- thats really terrible! They shouldn't set up a service like that and then make massive errors. It must have been such an awful shock to read that :hugs:

Mackjess- any more testing going on your way? I tested today (9-10dpo and bfn so I think i'm out. Don't think my bleeding the other day was enough to class as an af but I hope you are right and it was. Been having very minor pelvic twinges more than cramps but have been feeling a bit hormonal (pms'y?). Only one day of very slight dark brown mucous and nothing since :cry: so fed up of waiting now its getting ridiculous.

I hope you get your bfp- that internet cheapie looked really promising. Please keep us updated!

Jane, did you ring up for your thyroid results yet? I hope your ovulation comes soon. Which cd are you on now and when do you usually ovulate?

Feeling really down atm about babies (or lack of) and all this ttc business. really feel i'm never going to get there :(

Bobster - I did a test yesterday. It was turning pink before I could even get the lid on and set it back on the counter. DH and I are almost excited. I think we will feel better after we get bloodwork results back from my OB on Monday. I wanted to take another test this morning to see if it got darker, but I got up to whiz about 50 times last night so I don't think it would have been. I drank gatorade like crazy yesterday to rehydrate so I'll prob cut back and maybe use the bathroom less tonight!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=511463&d=1352468331

And the cramping and stuff makes it sound very much like it could have been AF. I literally barely had any bleeding, just cramping and PMS feelings. Do you use OPKs? That was what really assured me it was AF because I started getting positives on those. And now look what happened? I also used the SMEP plan for timing of the BDing and preseed lube. We missed a few days we were supposed to BD because I was trying not to get DH's cold (see how well that worked out for me?) and I think it must have been the pre-seed really protected his swimmers so they hung out longer. He of course just thinks it's because he is awesome and his swimmers are Irish and scraggly like he is. LOL

mlm-did you get your AF? Sorry if you've already said so. I know Jane has, and a few others on the thread.

I don't expect to be the only XMAS BFP ladies, so get to BDing!!:dust:

Don't be down on yourself bobster. I say that even though I was the same way, but try not to be down about it. Things have a way of turning around.:hugs:

Oh, and Jane I thought of you yesterday when the nurse went to get blood. Apparently I was still dehydrated so she really poked me around in one arm before trying another one. I literally almost died and considered just running out of the room. LOL, and I have the thyroid issue too so that means they will do that more to us when we are prego (bc you will be soon). Hope you get your results soon.

Sorry you are feeling down today Bobster. This can be so emotionally draining as we all know : (

Mack, nice bfp! That line is so easy to see, how awesome! And yes, I actually just got af this morning, 32 days post d&c. I'm really excited to start trying. I used preseed and smep last time, think I will do the same this time.

Oh, and Jane I thought of you yesterday when the nurse went to get blood. Apparently I was still dehydrated so she really poked me around in one arm before trying another one. I literally almost died and considered just running out of the room. LOL, and I have the thyroid issue too so that means they will do that more to us when we are prego (bc you will be soon). Hope you get your results soon.

Hey ladies, happy weekend. Just looking at your test mackjess, what a difference a day made hey?

I felt a bit faint just reading they were wiggling the needle in your arm to get blood lol. My thyroid test came back in the normal range so at least that's one thing we know is ok....yes not looking forward to the extra blood work for that should I get a bfp.

I'm 13 days into my cycle, had those mild af cramps again and my boobs were tingling but no change in cm so not sure what that's all about- just one of those things i probably wouldnt have noticed before but now we are ttc everything must have a meaning - you know how it is :wacko: .Before the mc i was ovulating about day 27 so I know I have a good few days to go yet. I've also got a headache and sore throat so think a cold is on its way.

Sorry that you are feeling low bobster, I feel the same some days- not sure my bfp will ever come again. But it will and we have to have hope. I don't know about you but I never thought I'd see a positive the first time round I got it so we will get there again when the timing is right.x

Sorry you are feeling down today Bobster. This can be so emotionally draining as we all know : (

Mack, nice bfp! That line is so easy to see, how awesome! And yes, I actually just got af this morning, 32 days post d&c. I'm really excited to start trying. I used preseed and smep last time, think I will do the same this time.

Yey for the witch mlm115 (this time around!)

Wow mackjess i'm so happy for you!!! :happydance: what a great early christmas present for you and OH!!! You give me (and the other girls im sure) so much hope that it can happen soon after mc. It makes me feel less down now and more positive that it will happen again.

I hope you are right that that spotting was af I really do. I may use opk's this cycle now to see if ov comes at the same time as it should.

Jane- sorry to hear you are getting the cold. Its horrible! I would start bd'ing every other day if you can incase the mc altered your cycle somewhat? Watch out of ewcm too but some cough syrups can increase that even when you're not ovulating so watch out for that.

As for needles- I am normally the one trying to get blood from other people so they don't bother me too much. I always feel for people who hate them. I once had a girl faint before I even opened the needle from the packet haha so you're not as bad as that!

MLM- yay for the witch, you can start with us this cycle now and hopefully we'll all be joining mackjess before christmas, SMEP sounds like a good plan but its an awful lot of bd'ing... i'd sooner curl up with a book and a hot chocolate hehe.

Here's to early december bfp's!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s- what a nice thread this is Jane x

Thank you Bobster, that was so sweet of you to say. I can't believe it was just before Halloween that I felt like I was walking down a dark lonely hall all by myself thinking I could be one of the unlucky women that can't have a baby. I am so far from out of the woods yet, but over the moon to be having another chance so soon.

Jane- sorry to hear you are getting the cold. Its horrible! I would start bd'ing every other day if you can incase the mc altered your cycle somewhat? Watch out of ewcm too but some cough syrups can increase that even when you're not ovulating so watch out for that.

I agree, i think it is def possible this cycle has been altered and I started taking that herb Angus castus to help regulate it better about 30 days ago so maybe this will be a shorter one. Had the tinniest hint of stretchy cm today, don't think it was true Ewcm but with the cramps too I made sure we made the most of it :blush: Thanks for the advice on the cough syrup too.

Bobster how long have you been waiting for af now (if you assume you didn't just have it)? Did you get some opk's? I must admit, a small part of me wished I did have some opks or was charting so I could see what this cycle was up to. Anyway we will just have to wait and see now!

Yep, here's to our December BFP's :flower:

MLM- yay for the witch, you can start with us this cycle now and hopefully we'll all be joining mackjess before christmas, SMEP sounds like a good plan but its an awful lot of bd'ing... i'd sooner curl up with a book and a hot chocolate hehe.

Haha, I know what you mean. I feel like I really want to "try" this cycle though, as I got pregnant the first cycle I really tried last time. This is probably the only chance to get my Christmas bfp so I want to make the most of it! Although I kind of have it in my head that it might take longer this time, but who knows.

I think part of the reason I want to use opks too is so I know my body is working normally again!

little paranoid. slight spotting this morning. only when I wipe after I pee, not enough to get in my undies. No cramps. kinda brown, mucusy. sorry for all the tmi. had a darker line on my frer this morning so that's good, and my boobs still feel very sore. af would start tomorrow so I don't know if could be implantation. skeered!

little paranoid. slight spotting this morning. only when I wipe after I pee, not enough to get in my undies. No cramps. kinda brown, mucusy. sorry for all the tmi. had a darker line on my frer this morning so that's good, and my boobs still feel very sore. af would start tomorrow so I don't know if could be implantation. skeered!

Mackjess, dark brown is fine and lots of women have it. I know its worrying though after what we've all been through in the past so I would get reviewed by your gp just to put your mind at rest. Your tests are really dark for how many dpo you are so thats really a good sign.

Did you say you had your progesterone checked? It might be worth asking your dr to check it if you haven't. Remember cramps are very normal in early pregnancy so don't panic if you suddenly get some, just keep an eye on the colour of your bleeding. I've read up about implantation bleeding recently and it seems to come around the time of expected af for a lot of people (about 30% of people get it), its just old blood making its way out.

Maybe ring gp though tomorrow and try to get some bloods for progesterone.

I know its hard too but try not to test too much (says thee!!) as lines will vary at different times of the day as you are still so early. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine with you and your beanie :hugs:

MLM- I want to try this cycle too. I want to bd as much as possible to maximize chances. The problem is I have no idea when I'm going to ovulate as my cycle is so messed up. One of my besties had a baby girl today. I'm so happy for her but kinda feeling sorry for myself which I know is selfish. She's called her Erin which is just a gorgeous name. How long were you trying for all together before you got your bfp? I'm sure it won't take too long- its just trying to be patient which is hard...

I think I am going to bd as much as possible when I get my positive opk.

Jane- I bought opk's today but no idea when to start taking them. Had the tiniest amount of brown when wiping again today so I'm sure it wasn't my period last week. Still having tiny af cramps too. May call the dr soon as its been 10 weeks since mc and no proper period yet :( You still have time to get some opk's Jane.. esp if you've only had a tiny bit of ewcm... I know it can make it a bit more pressured though. Are you bd'ing regularly to make sure you don't miss it? I got some opk's from home bargains... they were only £2.99 for 5. Hope this bit of ewcm means you are nearly there... get to :sex: girl!!! Also- may try the angus cactus thanks for the tip!

Mackjess, dark brown is fine and lots of women have it. I know its worrying though after what we've all been through in the past so I would get reviewed by your gp just to put your mind at rest. Your tests are really dark for how many dpo you are so thats really a good sign.

Did you say you had your progesterone checked? It might be worth asking your dr to check it if you haven't. Remember cramps are very normal in early pregnancy so don't panic if you suddenly get some, just keep an eye on the colour of your bleeding. I've read up about implantation bleeding recently and it seems to come around the time of expected af for a lot of people (about 30% of people get it), its just old blood making its way out.

Maybe ring gp though tomorrow and try to get some bloods for progesterone.

I know its hard too but try not to test too much (says thee!!) as lines will vary at different times of the day as you are still so early. I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine with you and your beanie :hugs:

Thank you. I got my hcg and progesterone checked in bloodwork Friday. I won't get the results back until tomorrow. Just trying to take it easy for the long wait today.

Yes waiting is always very hard Mack, wishing you well and hoping for good news for you tomorrow :hugs:

Jane, where abouts in the UK you from?

One more sleep until you get your results from the ob, take it easy Mack.x

I'm originally from London and live in Hertfordshire. Where are you Bobster?

I'm in York, north yorkshire. Its freezing up here! Was going to go for a jog tonight but instead i'm curled up on the sofa with a blanket and a glass of red!

Does anyone else feel like since mc they have lost their mojo :blush:

OH keeps pestering me but can't seem to 'get in the mood'... hoping I find my sex drive in time for ov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"