Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

I think it cycles a lot because of the wait between weighings.

evening, do you ladies get your little babes weighed regularly? Alex lost weight then gained and they didnt ask to see him again, even thought they thought it was bad he lost weight before. I've made an appointment anyway becasue I want to keep check on things myself, I just wondered how you managed things? :hugs:

I tend to get callie weighed monthly for a while when her weight was low and not rising and was dipping instead she was weighed every 2 weeks and sometimes every week, but back then she wasnt getting anywhere with weight and was being weighed up hospital where i was told it was failure to thrive lack of nutrients from very low supply, now that shes gaining weight just slowlythe hv asks us to go every month that way you can get a clearer idea on actual gain some weeks babies wont gain at all.

At 12 months onward i will probably just get her weighed every coupke of months.
Its up to you hun how often you go for a weigh in whatever gives you peace off mind but i would say a month between each weigb in is a good idea to get a decent idea x

Thanks x-li-x :hugs: I have low supply but I've been buying domperidone. Its getting very expensive so I would like to wean down the number of tablets I need. I think I'll try monthly weigh ins.

Its so different now to when I had my girls, back then we saw the HV every couple of weeks until about 6 months!

I wish i knew about that when we were having serious troubles, i was told to suppliment with formula and refused at first but after she lost for a second time i gave in and callie weabed herself of the breast within about 2 weeks after that. She juat started refusing point blank to take the breast and would scream horribly at it, where in end we had no choice to give her formula as it would have been hours later and still no luck and unfortuantely my milk dried up mega quick, i couldnt ever express anything so that was a no go too! I miss breastfeeding so much,i really hope everything works out hun and your supply soon catches up xx

:flower:huge :hugs: x-Li-x, its so hard. I was lucky I only knew about domperidone becasue I used to be a nurse and I think I took it in the nick of time becasue things were getting really bad. I'd sob and sob trying to feed him, I knew I was starving him :cry: at least you know you did your absolute best for your LO :flower:

I feel lucky that I've managed to combo feed for so long. The pump never worked well for me either and I think caused more problems then helped.
I only get Gabriel weighed at his regular checkups, so it's a few months in between. I can get a rough estimate on my home scale.

i think its awesome youve managed to combi feed for so long seity, thats what i was hoping to manage with callie if she had to have formula but i guess once she got to know the bottle actually gave her what she wanted i wasnt good enough no longer. what really sucks is its not like formula is packing on the pounds for her either so maybe there was another way around it. oh well cant live in the past at least shes happy and healthy x

Evening all - well I got Alex weighed today and at 25 weeks he is 15lbs 5oz which I was really pleased about :thumbup: most of the other babies born around the same time are at least 4lbs heavier but I'm happy he is gaining steadily again.

Hope everyone else and their LO's are doing well :hugs: xx

:hi: all, I've been super busy, ill, super busy again etc etc so haven't been online much, but just wanted to check in & see how everyone's doing?

re: weigh-ins- I take Harry every 4-6 weeks to the local surestart to get weighed, although at his age, they suggest every 3-6 months, but I worry about him if I leave it too long, so usually it's about every 5 weeks for my own piece of mind... He's shot up height-wise recently, but still small (mid 9th centile) for his weight for his age, but is healthy as far as we can gather, so I guess it's all good.

We're currently trying to figure out a way to reduce the amount of BFs he's taking in a 24hr period. He sleep through the night now for 10-12hrs, but is still BFing between 6-10 times a day, refuses to take a bottle & wont drink more than 1-2oz of cow's milk in a day either, but is fine with drinking his water :shrug: I dont mind feeding him that much, but I always kinda thought that by almost 13 months he'd be starting to wind down... but instead, he's like a boobie addict! :dohh: Ah well, such is life I guess.

anyways... How's everyone doing> what are you & your LOs up to these days>

Happy Halloween too :witch:

:happydance:in 3 weeks Harrison has put on just less than a pound!! 13lb 5oz to 14lb 3oz!!!! x

Well done Harrison!
Gabriel is busy crawling after the kitties for the most part. He's getting pretty good at putting food in his mouth and actually eating most of it too.
He finally STTN for the first time last night and I'm hoping he decides to make a habit of it.

i bet your knackered arnt you Seity? Iv been very lucky with Harrison, hes been sleeping thru since 10weeks with just the odd night here and there where he wakes up. It was when he started sleeping thru that i started to feel more human again! I hope he carries on for you! X

well done Gabriel - Seity I look forward to the night Alex sleeps through :haha:

bathbabe - wow you are so lucky with Harrison sleeping through :thumbup:

You're very lucky with the sleeping through. My sister's girl has slept through since 12 weeks. Sadly, Gabriel was up again twice last night. I suppose it was too much to hope for twice in a row. I tried weighing him on the scale at home this morning out of curiosity and he's coming in at just under 15lbs still. I thought for sure he'd be over 15 by now.

he will get there in his own time Seity. Can i be nosy and ask how much milk is he having now? I looked on the tub of Harrisons milk, hes having the guideline amount for a 2month old! Btw, Gabriel is a lovely looking chap :) xxx

I combo feed, so I can't be certain exactly how much he's eating. I BF him at least once at night and again in the morning when he wakes. My OH says he eats 4-5 oz bottles during the day, so maybe about 3-4 of those as well as I come home and BF him during my lunch break. I generally BF him again at least once in the evening after work. Before bed, I give him an 8 oz bottle and breastfeed him to sleep after he finishes it. I don't know what the guidelines are, I feed on demand and never keep track of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->