Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

bathbabe, when Harry took bottles of ebm or formula, he only ever used to take 3-5oz at a time. Once he tookoz, then puked it back up, lol, but generally he only ever took about 3oz... As much as I love Bfing him, I wish he'd take milk (of any form) from a cup or bottle, but he just wont, yet he drinks his water just fine! :dohh:

yay for the weightgains & sleeping through. Harry's only been sleeping through recently, so i figure all babies get there eventually when they're ready to.

I haven't been in here in so long! I honestly forgot about it :(

Kayleigh is now 15lbs 5oz, at 10 months old. Still tiny, but getting there. She only gained 4oz in 2.5 months so we need to look into that a little but I know she has grown taller so I'm not too concerned anymore. Still bfing, with minimal solids for the most part, which doctor said was good for trying to help put on weight :thumbup:

I will be catching up on here later ;)

Time to relight this page! got Harrison weighed today, hes now 15lb 1oz! Little heffer :rofl: 13oz in 5weeks. We are finally getting there! Discovered hes a little bit sensitive to dairy, cheese spread and such alike cause a day to be worse than a bad reflux day!! How is everyone and babies? X

glad all is going well with harrison bathbabe.

callie was weighed yesterday and is now 13lbs and 1/2 an ounce

she can now sit up, and army crawl, she can hold herslef up on all fours really well but is still working out how to move that way. she is also sleeping much better at night, we have gone from waking over 10 times a night to 1-3 times :)

Go Harrison. That's a nice weight gain.
Way to go Callie, she's doing really well.

Gabriel gets weighed again on Thursday, so I'll have an update for you all then. I'm guessing he's around 16lbs. He's pulling himself up and starting to cruise along the furniture. He's still a lousy sitter because he can never be bothered to stay still for more than a minute. Looks like he's never going to do a 'proper crawl' because the army crawl has worked so well for him the last 3 months and now he's decided to work on walking.

Well done Callie! Harrison has just learnt how to sit up too! He has only rolled twice, it obviously doesnt interest him lol. I think hes gunna be a lazy baby and not crawl or walk for ages. (im hoping anyway lol!) xx

Yay for the gaining :) Some lots and some little :hugs: Kayleigh is around 16lbs I'm guessing at over 11 months... tiny pooper but she is pulling up now, crawling (kind of lol) and so much more within the past few weeks!

What size clothes does your LO's wear now?

callie is still fits 0-3 clothes, however i can pull of 3-6 month clothes now, her cloth nappies help keep trousers up, its all a little baggy but fits ok without looking silly!
it all depends where the clothes are from, i have a newborn outfit she still fits and a first size skirt that fits but she is mostly wearing the 3-6 now, i like that they give her room in them, look more comfortable

xx

Gabriel wears 0-3 pants, but they're a little short on him, but the 3-6 ones are mostly to wide for his tiny tush. I think he has some 3-6 ones that fit. He wears some 3-6 and some 6-9 tops, the torso for the 3-6 fits better, but he can't always fit his head through on some of those.

Harrison is in 0-3 and 3-6 sleepsuits, 0-3 is getting abit tight but 3-6 are too baggy :dohh: 3-6 trousers for the length, 3-6tops and jackets. He has a snowsuit that is 3-6 but its MASSIVE! He still has room to move while wearing 3 layers underneth! Lol. Cant see him going up any sizes soon! X

I'm back from the doctors and at 9 months Gabriel is 27 inches and 15lb 3oz. My guess was one pound too high. I love that my doctor looks at the baby and not just the charts. He even said that if he was to look only at the charts he'd be concerned, but one look at Gabriel was all it took to see that he was perfectly fine, just naturally tiny.

Kayleigh is in 3-6 and some 6 now, which is nice. Some leggings are 12 months, but only if they are tiny waisted lol.

:thumbup: for the good doctor! :) Must help make it a lot easier on the weighing... :)

Hey ladies, haven't checked in here for ever! well done on the gains for everyone too :thumbup:

Harry had his 1 year check yesterday (at 14 months, 1 week, lol) & they're really pleased with him in every way & even said he was very advanced in his speech & fine motor skills, so that made me happy!
He's now 20lbs 1oz, 74cm long & 46cm head circumference, so it following the 9th-25th centiles for everything appropriately & no need to worry or anything. She was also mega impressed that we're 'still' BFing & said i had a very happy, healthy little boy! :happydance: So that's my proud mummy moment for the month! He's wearing 9-12 t-shirts & 6-9 for everything else, but some are getting a big small lenghtways, so I reckon by xmas he'll be in all 9-12s, so that's great. :)

How's everyone else doing?

That's fantastic. Well done Harry!

hi ya all ella was weighed again today and is still 14lb 5oz but she has started crawling so i am putting the no weight gain down to that hope every one is well xx

Ringing in the New Year!
:wave:
Ella sounds like she's doing great!

Hi all :hi: Happy New Year!

I haven't been in for absolutely ages!! It's great to read of so many weight gains and happy babies.

Rebecca is probably about 18lb by now (haven't had her weighed in about 6 weeks but she was 17lb then and following the 17th percentile). She has her operation in 2 weeks time so please keep everything crossed for us.

:hugs: to all and I wish you a happy and healthy 2011

I haven't been in here for ages either, sorry girls!

Happy New Year to all the Itty Bitty Babies and Mummies :)

I'm hoping to get my LO weighed on Wednesday (when she has her MMR :cry:). My DH weighed her tonight on our scales, and she was 19.5lbs according to them. Will be interesting to see what the HV's scales say. I'd hoped that Roo would be over 20lbs by now, but I guess that could be caused by her starting to walk :)

Off into town tomorrow to try and get some more shoes for her to wear (as she wants to walk everywhere at the moment!). I have one pair of Pediped shoes which I love, and I'm hoping John Lewis will have more. Apparently she can't wear Clarks "Cruisers" anymore (we'd only bought them the week before she started walking :dohh:). Not entirely sure on what the massive difference between the "Cruisers" and "Walkers" is, but the Walkers range starts at a size 3, and Roo is just barely a 2.5 :dohh: Wish me luck in John Lewis, I'll go spare soon! :rofl:

awww, I still let harry wear his cruisers (they're a 3) coz he's got plenty of growing room in them so I dont see the point in buying him hard soled walkers until he needs them, as although he walks everywhere he can, i can't see them causing him major foot harm? :shrug:

I haven't been on bnb in a while coz we went away for a week for new year's. Hope everyone's doing well :hugs:

WW1- i hope rebecca's operation goes well & that it all heals well. Will she have to wear a helmut or anything afterwards or will the operation itself correct the skull completely? Either way- speedy recovery vibes sent her way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->