Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

hi hunni we were referred as at 4 motnhs callie only weighed 8lbs something, she was diagnosed with failure to thrive as she was very withdrawn , and small, we breastfed and i was told i had to top up with formula which resulted in callie refusing point blank to breastfeed anymore so now she is formula feed but she has stayed on the same growth line off the charts so is blatently just naturally small and doctors are now fine with her as shes is perfectly happy and healthy just small, hopefully this is also the case for you.

all they did at the hos was take blood, check urine etc just to check she was ok xx

Let's see a current picture of everyone's itty babies!
This one was taken last night.

Attachments

• roguebaby_sm.jpg
    roguebaby_sm.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
seity hes such a handsome little fella

heres callie

https://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad23/x-leannemullaney-x/plymnhome076.jpg

https://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad23/x-leannemullaney-x/plymnhome001.jpg

Such a cutie. She has lovely eyes.

Well its official HV has referred us to hos because of slow growth - she was only 5lb 1oz at birth and so has gained almost 4lb(is now 8lb 9oz at 3 months), which surely isn't that bad? Anyhow she menntioned that they might put us on high calorie formula - I'm loathe to do this though because I don't want to introduce anything new!!! Anyway we have docs appt on monday and
Hv said that he will sort out the hos appt !! I got really upset today that everyone thinks there is something wrong with her ! She's fine - mega alert and meeting all her developmental milestones.

Well its official HV has referred us to hos because of slow growth - she was only 5lb 1oz at birth and so has gained almost 4lb(is now 8lb 9oz at 3 months), which surely isn't that bad? Anyhow she mentioned that they might put us on high calorie formula - I'm loathe to do this though because I don't want to introduce anything new!!! Anyway we have docs appt on monday and
Hv said that he will sort out the hos appt !! I got really upset today that everyone thinks there is something wrong with her ! She's fine - mega alert and meeting all her developmental milestones.

:hugs: Gabriel was 5lb 13 at birth and 8lb 9oz at 3 months as well. He was also meeting his milestones, but his HC started to drop due to my low milk supply. They had me start supplementing with formula and he went up to 9lb 7oz in one week, so for us it was a low milk supply issue, but if he hadn't gained weight they would have looked into a medical reason for his not putting on the weight. There are a few things that might be interfering with proper absorption and wouldn't you rather they looked for and corrected a problem rather than assume all is fine. They may do the tests and find nothing is wrong, but I personally would rather they looked into the issue, just in case.

im off to get James weighed again tomorrow to make sure his weight is ok he was 12lb 13oz 2 weeks ago but has had this awful virus since 4th Jan and he is really off his milk and with him being breastfed its hard to gauge how much he is taking! I did put him on 1 bottle of formula a day to bulk him up a bit but he has refused this since bec0oming poorly! But im only skinny myself...i put 2st on while pregnant lost it within 6 weeks and was back in my size 8's...silly question but are you all similar? x

hi and thanks for the feedback. We switched to FF at about 9 weeks, it hasnt made any difference to her weight gain, I am not petite but i did only put on about 2st during pregnancy and lost it straight away, My husbands family are more petite though.

I am more than happy to try anything - she has reflux (we think!) and so shes on gaviscon, her feeding has been better the past week or so but yesterday she was pulling off the bottle again after about 2oz - she was screaming her head off if we tried to feed her any more!! it means we feed her every 2 hours !

anyway your babas are super cutiepies, heres a piccie of Emilia taken a couple of weeks ago!

Attachments

• Em1.jpg.jpg
    Em1.jpg.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3
oh and also the HV started saying they might put her on high calorie formula - has anyone been offered/tried this - any side effects?

aww all these dinky babies!! so cute xx

Well took James to hv to be weighed and his weight has remained static since 2 weeks ago...still 12lb 13oz at 4 months! Got to take him again next week and if there is no change she wants the gp to have a look at him! :( xx

jkbmah - My little guy fed every 2 hrs until he was onto solids, and then it was STILL every 2 hrs, just alternated between water and meals, and snacks and BM/formula

Finley has diarrhea now :( Just great. When he was losing weight before, he is bound to lose more now. ugh.

Love the pictures. We've got some adorable itty babies in here.

Poor Finley. Hope he gets over it soon.
Gabriel likes to eat every 2 hours as well. I wonder if that's typical of smaller babies. He'd spit up if we tried to offer him bigger bottles, so it was smaller amounts more often.

Here is my little poppet - a bit blurry but smiley!

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/lissylops1/P1120090.jpg​

Here's some recent ones of Harry, aged 15 months :) He's getting so big & funny now!
Gorgeous photos every :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSCF0017.jpg
    DSCF0017.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC01837.jpg
    DSC01837.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3
aww look, everyones itty bitty babies soo cute! - snugglebot - hope finlay is feeling better soon and he gets his appetite back x

We had our GP appt yesterday for a referral, GP was of course useless and didnt have anything constructive to say. I am worried about Ems feeding though - she does doesnt seem to enjoy her milk, 3oz (90ml) is a really good feed for us and it can take an hour. She probably almost 9lb now and should be having 22oz per day, shes only managing 19-20oz. She can only stay awake for an hour or so at a time before she is tired and needs to sleep - im convinced this is because she does take a lot of milk in one go!

Im actually looking forward to the hospital appt to come through now so i can discuss these things with him - im wondering about weaning her early as she just doesnt like her milk (and hasnt since birth) - how did you guys get on with weaning your itty bitty babies?

James has just started having solids now...i give him a few teaspoons of fruity porridge at 12ish and he seems to quite like it! :) x

weaning finley didn't help. :nope: He still cries at meals. He did prefer the bottle over the boob when we made a slow switch around 8 months, less crying but still didn't drink very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->