Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

Ivy is 8lb 15.5oz now - soooooo close to 9lb :happydance:

Maintaining her line on the growth charts in between 2nd and 9th percentile so fingers crossed the doctor won't have any issues when we go tomorrow for her checkup and jabs :flower:

Had my little man's 9 month check today with HV. All good still between 2nd and 9th line now weighing 15lb 14oz will have to add a pic when on main computer (although he is in my avatar pic<<<)

Awwwww bless them both! Iv got to take James again tomorrow as he hadnt gained last time! x

Excellent weights ladies. Some day Gabriel may work his way up to the 2nd percentile :rofl:
lilbump - Good luck for James' weigh in.

well took James to be weighed and rather than gain he had lost 1oz! :cry:

but...he has had white on his tongue for quite a few weeks now which 3 doctors have seen, i asked the hv about it and its blody thrush im fuming beceause no wonder he has been off his food!!! grrrrrrr

Poor James, hopefully now he'll get treated and feel better.

Had Harrison weighed on monday he is now 16lb 7oz, 4oz in 2 weeks. But in total in the last 3days he has taken 25oz of milk and abit of water, no solids, so im not expecting any weight gain at his next weigh in.

I don't think i belong in here anymore( i know i don't post much in here anyway but always have a little snoop to see how the others are doing)

ava was 21lbs at 18 months, weighed her last week and shes a wooping 28lbs! at 21 months :happydance:

Ok - I have a question for u all. Should I wake Em for feeds at night? She is 31/2 months now and so is at the age of picking up habits. Its now 330am and she's been asleep since 8pm - the longest she has ever gone!!

But - she hasn't had enough food in the day and she's not the greatest eater - latest weigh in is 9lb 1oz - she still gains - just not a lot ( about 3oz a week).

We have our referral appoint at hospital a week tomorrow ..........

:hugs: I don't know. Finley never went 2 hrs.

Inspite of "forming habits" I am not sure there are many drawbacks to waking to feed. Often "sleep trainers" recommend that over demand feeding :shrug:

As I said, I have ZIP experience there. If you think she might be hungry you can, but she might also wake when she needs and will have a big long feed.

thanks sugglebot :)

well she woke at 4am and had 4 oz (which for her is a lot, especially at night AND in a short space of time) then she puked all over my bed!!!!

This mornings first feed she had over 5oz! - which is the biggest feed shes ever had!

we will see how she goes but maybe she will eat better today? heres hoping

I sincerely hope the doc doesnt start suggesting we wake her every 3 hrs at night - i think i will just tell him to p*** off!

jkbmah, doubt he will. She is old enough to wake when hungry.

Finley used to puke his feeds too. Not projectile though. Glad she got 5 oz! :dance:

jkbmah callie use to go ages between feeds and i never woke , as not all the time she would feed and then it was just harder to deal with her after because she was a very tired cranky baby i just tried feeding her as often as i could while she was awake.

callie had her 10 month weigh in the other day and she is now 13lb 8 so hasnt gained or lost anything since 9 months, but weve put this down to her moving around alot plus she was sick a couple weeks back and wasnt eating much and was being sick so that couldnt of helped. length ways she is jusr over the 9th centile so is just a petite girly! :)
she is doing very well, as she now says yeah also on top of her other 3 little words, she doesnt say it in responce obviously but she copied it from my son so it yeah yeah yeah all the time lol.
she now trys to stand without holding on to anything, she manages between 5-10 seconds before either needing to grab hold of something or toppling but shes doing good. :)

oh n weve had quite a few nights of her sleeping through 6.30-8.30 however the last couple nights shes woken loads but i think i can see two top teeth trying to break through so im putting it down to that!!

I can't really answer the waking bit because Gabriel woke himself to eat every 2 hours for the first 10 months, so it was never an issue. Given the chance to sleep, there was no way in hell I'd wake him. :rofl:

thanks all for your feedback - li, hope callie sleeps better soon and that it is just her teeth coming through!

Em has had a really good days eating today - and has just had another puke in her cot! Shes not really a sicky baby but i think her little tummy finds it difficult to take more than 3oz at a time - today shes been averaging 4oz !

I was awake for hours last night deciding whether or not to wake her up to feed (in my sleep deprived state i thought she was dehydrated and lethargic and so HENCE why she was sleeping! - she was of course fine)

I think now im not going to bother - she will clearly wake if she is hungry! -
just wondering now what doc will say on Tuesday....................

generally I would say a baby will wake when they are hungry.... having said that, when harry was younger than 6 months old, I personally never let him sleep more than 6-8 hours in a stretch because I was just so desperate for him to get out of the 0.4th centile :dohh: It took me a long time to relax 7 just follow his lead, but obviously everyone's different & if LO seems ok, soft spot not sunken, skin not sallow looking & still filling wet/dirty nappies, then I am sure it's all fine :thumbup:

generally I would say a baby will wake when they are hungry.... having said that, when harry was younger than 6 months old, I personally never let him sleep more than 6-8 hours in a stretch because I was just so desperate for him to get out of the 0.4th centile :dohh: It took me a long time to relax 7 just follow his lead, but obviously everyone's different & if LO seems ok, soft spot not sunken, skin not sallow looking & still filling wet/dirty nappies, then I am sure it's all fine :thumbup:

I was the same pre 6 months. As Rebecca was little for her age (and had dropped percentiles), I was desperate to get more milk into her. I took a rough average of 2.5oz formula per lb of weight as a guide and decided whether to wake her based on that. Some days she'd had enough and others she hadn't - I woke her and fed her on those days. Of course that wouldn't have worked if I'd BF'd her the whole time.

Eventually, the amount she took during the day increased so I didn't need to wake her and her weight has gained steadily since. It's a difficult one but follow your instinct as I'm sure it'll be right :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->